• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Update: Wednesday: Movie 12 News

S

SerebiiBot

Serebii.net has just updated with this:

Expecting more CoroCoro stuff over the next day or so so keep checking back In The Movies Department Movie 12 News CoroCoro has revealed further Movie 12 news. First, it notes the expected inclusion of Arceus into the movie's title; Arceus - Towards ...

More...

Pokemonwarrior

I Am Your Nightmare
Oh dear prepare for everyone to flip out about the 2nd gen starters pointing to a 2nd gen remake just from the movie poster thats all we need. lol

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
Huh, johto starters in the movie. . .

that's odd but nice. No clue what its hinting to (if anything). It could easily be nothing too

GiovanniWilliamsonTroyBoy

wow i can't even think of a plot involving the Johto starters..

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
Well to be honest I have been expecting what everyones guessing. There's a reason why 5 particular Pokémon aren't on the random generator for PotW afterall :p
XD If only it would happen but I'll be logical and not get my hopes up. . .

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Honestly, everyone is saying they are expecting people to come in like idiots saying "oMg!!1!oenone!!11eleven!11111 G/s RemEkas!" But can you think of any other reason they would put the G/S starters in this movie?

Cyclone

^ where it all began
Honestly, everyone is saying they are expecting people to come in like idiots saying "oMg!!1!oenone!!11eleven!11111 G/s RemEkas!" But can you think of any other reason they would put the G/S starters in this movie?

I can think of two:

1) Sh*ts
2) Giggles

Kidding. That's most likely the reason. Who knows when the next Nintendo hand-held is going to come out? Game remakes are a good way to appease Pokemon fans who are waiting for the next Pokemon games to be released.

Pokemonwarrior

I Am Your Nightmare
I can think of two:

1) Sh*ts
2) Giggles

Kidding. That's most likely the reason. Who knows when the next Nintendo hand-held is going to come out? Game remakes are a good way to appease Pokemon fans who are waiting for the next Pokemon games to be released.

That is true people that play pokemon would be happy for a bit to hold them over till the new hand held comes out. If theres a remake coming it would keep them busy. But still yet they wouldn't have to wait for the new system to come out to make a new gen of pokemon though its likely they will. But still the DS has a bit of life left in it's old chips and pixels with the new version of the DS coming soon. Lastly a remake would be only for holding people over and nostalgia purposes only since its not really needed to get any past gen pokemon for the 4th gen games. so we will have to just wait till more info hits us in our faces lol.

Clamps

Actually, there is one thing G/S remakes could give us, and that's Celebi. Hey, isn't there something in the anime that has a Celebi in it? And where is it? In Johto? Oh, coincidence!

AstralEon

The one and only.
Wow, the 3 Johto starters on the cover. Was the Johto region hiding secrets from us for all this time? I do hope so because Johto needed a spotlight. Finally more stories behind this region.

Can't wait for more news on this.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
Actually, there is one thing G/S remakes could give us, and that's Celebi. Hey, isn't there something in the anime that has a Celebi in it? And where is it? In Johto? Oh, coincidence!
Except we never get in-game events for hidden Pokemon like Celebi. If anything it'd be another Japan-only event. But that's assuming G/S is remade which I doubt happening. I don't even recall if the event was doable in Japanese games (I think it was but don't hold me to it).

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
It was after you got 16 badges but only in crystal. Anyway i cant believe you are actually doubting this. The 3 starters and a pichu (pikas pre evo if you have forgotten) come out of nowhere in a movie and all you can say its doubtful and only possible? hell i wouldnt be surprised if the in next months issue box the words a new game along with mystery dungeon is coming as well!

Clamps

Except we never get in-game events for hidden Pokemon like Celebi. If anything it'd be another Japan-only event. But that's assuming G/S is remade which I doubt happening. I don't even recall if the event was doable in Japanese games (I think it was but don't hold me to it).

After you got all 16 badges, you entered something into the Cellphone adapter and Nintendo sent you a GS BALL. Then you give the ball to Kurt, wait one day, get the ball back, put it in the Ilex Forest Shrine, and a wild Lvl 30 Celebi appeared. It was only doable in the JP Crystal, due to the Cellphone adapter being a JP exclusive, but the entire event was translated, which proves it was intended to be included at one time. The cellphone adapter could be likened to Nintendo Wi-Fi, and it would be easy to include this with the potential G/S remakes.

BCVM22

This "jumping to conclusions and screeching when people point out how premature it is" schtick of yours gets old really fast, mitchman.

This new information is intriguing but it positively does not confirm anything in and of itself. PMD3 (2.5?) is the franchise's next release, later this spring. Any potential future games will be slowly announced after that, which, not coincidentally, was when Platinum was announced last year for a fall release.

What is, is and what shall be, shall be, but the fact of the matter is that this new information is not - is not - tantamount to any sort of game-related announcement.

Clamps

This new information is intriguing but it positively does not confirm anything in and of itself. PMD3 (2.5?) is the franchise's next release, later this spring. Any potential future games will be slowly announced after that, which, not coincidentally, was when Platinum was announced last year for a fall release.

True, but don't they normally reveal Pokémon from upcoming games before the new game? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Giratina's origin forme revealed before Platinum? Sure, the G/S/C starters aren't really revealing anything, but they are hinting at something.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
True, but don't they normally reveal Pokémon from upcoming games before the new game? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Giratina's origin forme revealed before Platinum? Sure, the G/S/C starters aren't really revealing anything, but they are hinting at something.
They might not be hinting at anything though =/ Just because we see the johto starters doesn't 100% confirm a G/S remake. The anime and games do NOT go hand in hand.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
To be fair, the Anime has served as an introduction to things before. The first New Generation Pokemon debut in the movies. Giratina Origin, Shayming Sky Forme, and the Reverse World which was basically the Torn World all debuted in the 11th movie before Platinum came out.

So, yeah, Johto Pokemon playing a prominent role in a DP Movie, especially ones who are the starters, seems like a decent reason.