• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Update: Wednesday: Movie 12 News

Mew-100

Future Scriptwriter!
Well to be honest I have been expecting what everyones guessing. There's a reason why 5 particular Pokémon aren't on the random generator for PotW afterall :p

It's random?!

WolvesareFunny

Lucario hugger!
Pompeii was a Roman city, but you do have a point there.

What did you expect? This forum doesn't even have a single thread where people can even discuss the possibility of a G/S remake, so we make space.

lol i read about pompei i guess heatran being caught in a volcano adds up to roman setting for the movie!

WolvesareFunny

Lucario hugger!
i played blue then yellow but i remember the gsc pokemon games anyone else agree that strongly it adss up to a gs remake?

Janovy

Banned
i played blue then yellow but i remember the gsc pokemon games anyone else agree that strongly it adss up to a gs remake?

I agree. From all Pokemon they have chosen 3 starters of jotho. But maybe these 3 starters are Ash Pokemon from past because of Dialga or something, I dont know:p

halloweenghost

I agree. From all Pokemon they have chosen 3 starters of jotho. But maybe these 3 starters are Ash Pokemon from past because of Dialga or something, I dont know:p

don't forget notched ear pichu is also in this... seems to be showin lots of GS pokes... perhaps if the GS remake truly is coming it will show new male female forms as well.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
This has turned into a GS remake thread.

On-topic:What of Heatran? This movie is set in Greece if i'm not mistaken. That city that was wiped out by a volcano eruption. What was it called? Pampa. (bad spelling) Let's not forget the greek gods often fought one another and brought ruin to the land around them. Makes sense why they would set it in Greece.

FFFFF...didnt see that one heatran might tie in with a city (even though that was in rome)

JustinConnor

WTF? Do you think that they're making a GBA remake for G/S!?

No I mentioned the lack of GBA slot on the new DS because it means you can't migrate.

In the GBA Gen, you had R/S with some pokes, and then E/FR/LF added to allow you to catch every non-event pokemon. If you can't migrate pokemon now, what better way to allow you to catch 'em all than with another game or two to fill in the 35(ish) pokemon gap?

Ok that's dumb but w/e.

bonustime

Proygon Trainer
If there isn't a G/S remake then the starters will probably be distributed over wifi or something is my guess.

halloweenghost

No I mentioned the lack of GBA slot on the new DS because it means you can't migrate.

In the GBA Gen, you had R/S with some pokes, and then E/FR/LF added to allow you to catch every non-event pokemon. If you can't migrate pokemon now, what better way to allow you to catch 'em all than with another game or two to fill in the 35(ish) pokemon gap?

Ok that's dumb but w/e.

not only that but... do they even make GBA games anymore?

WolvesareFunny

Lucario hugger!
Sure don't.

they sure dont but heatran= tie in from setting like pompei or something besides the possible g/s remake!

TwinBroz

Pokemon God
Pokemon movies are ALWAYS en elaborate way of advertisement. They hint to things and 4 johto pokemon out of know where? Maybe somethings up.

Many people have requested/spectaculated/wanted a pokemon G/S Remake so if Gamefreak or Nintendo has seen this popular and high fan base, they see it as an oppurtunity.

What better way then to advertise it in a new movie.

Nolan Bentley

Pompeii was a Roman city, but you do have a point there.

It was?!?!?!? Wow, i really have to know my ancient history better. But that type of theme might happen. Like the fight gets so big, Heatran is wakes up and kills everything. Or maybe ash and co. meet a scientist who is studying a volcano and his pokemon are the three joto starters. The Pichu is just a wild pokemon.

Last edited:

seadragon227

silly kids here's whats gonna happen. This movie will have either a little movie introducing or re-introducing the Johto starters to us. Another thing would be along side the movie they team up with Ash and the little kiddies see what they can do. Movie 12 is just a marketing ploy to the not so distant remakes pls ^.^!

george9807

I was reading about possible remakes and I found out that the G/S cartridges for the GBColour had internal batterys so that the game could keep track of the day/night cycle etc (Diamond and Pearl dont have internal as they use the DS's internal clock) because of this many cartridges are dying and becoming unplayable.
Nintendo probably:
a)doesnt want to lose Jhoto forever
b)doesnt want to lose the Jhoto pokemon forever
and
c)wants to make more money.:p

I also think that nintendo wil want us to have the ability to get every single pokemon on D/P/Platinum cartridges so that they can be easily traded to the next generation of pokemon games, especially as the DS slot is being removed and pal park will soon not be as widely available to use.

This movie is definatley a sign of a remake:D

Last edited:

Psyduck Ranger

Celebi's Guardian
I think that's a good point about the DSi lacking a GBA slot, hadn't thought of it. Makes sense, they made FR/LG to allow people to get all available Pokémon from the time, but all are available in these games. Now, whilst they're obviously still available, Nintendo seems to be trying to phase that out...

Whilst I don't know if these choices indicate a G/S remake, I do think it's significant. Could be wrong, but that's what I think.

Nintendo would have nothing to lose from the remakes though, surely they must have heard some of what we're saying, how much we want them. I don't know much about programming, but I don't think it'd be too hard to program the games, what with there being some basis both the particular games and the console...

Oh, thought this was interesting, the DSi's American release is apparently April 5th, but I've just got an email from GAME stating the English release to be April 3rd. We got it first, woo!

WolvesareFunny

Lucario hugger!
I think that's a good point about the DSi lacking a GBA slot, hadn't thought of it. Makes sense, they made FR/LG to allow people to get all available Pokémon from the time, but all are available in these games. Now, whilst they're obviously still available, Nintendo seems to be trying to phase that out...

Whilst I don't know if these choices indicate a G/S remake, I do think it's significant. Could be wrong, but that's what I think.

Nintendo would have nothing to lose from the remakes though, surely they must have heard some of what we're saying, how much we want them. I don't know much about programming, but I don't think it'd be too hard to program the games, what with there being some basis both the particular games and the console...

Oh, thought this was interesting, the DSi's American release is apparently April 5th, but I've just got an email from GAME stating the English release to be April 3rd. We got it first, woo!

if they release a g/s remaks ill hug everyone and toss cookies!