• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Update: Wednesday: New Game Reveal + Dragon Pokémon Egg Giveaway

Thriller

Its almost time
I guess I'll look forward to Pokemon Gray. This generation was an absolute masterpiece, and I look forward to seeing its own universe expanded.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

Blazios

the "worlds first shocking announcement" part.

It was "world first", "not world's first".

There is a significant difference between "world first" and "world's first". As in, CoroCoro is the first place in the world to announce this shocking announcement, not that this is the first ever shocking announcement.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I'm really curious about the possible game.

Potential RS remakes anyone?

Aquanova

It was "world first", "not world's first".

There is a significant difference between "world first" and "world's first". As in, CoroCoro is the first place in the world to announce this shocking announcement, not that this is the first ever shocking announcement.

my mistake. I still think its highly possible its the Third game.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
lol, we have to wait to january the 14th for the news, what a buzz kill haha! I am amazed that those Dragon eggs are set to be shiny, it is kind of wierd.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I really hope the wait for the shocking reveal is worth it. And by shocking I mean Ruby/Sapphire remakes.

Firebrand

Indomitable
The shiny dragons interest me greatly, sure and they do. I'm hoping a similar event comes via wi-fi in other regions. Just having even one of those would be very, very cool.

Now, the new game... much as I would love getting my hopes up that this is a new main-series (gray would be more likely than an RS remake this early in the generation), I think we've had our hopes dashed a few times too many for my liking. I don't condemn the people who are ardently praying for a 3rd edition game, but... well, I don't want to get my hopes up only to see that it's a spin off game.

Of course, if it's a new Ranger... I might get excited anyway.

You do this. Still. Why.

Because if it does go on the 3DS I won't be able to play it simply because I don't have one.

I get butterflies in my stomach when news like this comes up.

Oh but wait! It would be impossible to rewrite their own engine to support 3D. So they should just finish off the B/W series with Grey on the DS.

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Oh but wait! It would be impossible to rewrite their own engine to support 3D. So they should just finish off the B/W series with Grey on the DS.

This makes no sense. Why would it be impossible for them to rewrite their own engine? It's their engine. It honestly shouldn't be too hard to make a DS/i game with 3DS enhancements, unless the 3DS prevents stuff like this.

BCVM22

Because if it does go on the 3DS I won't be able to play it simply because I don't have one.

You assume so terribly mistakenly that this matters even an iota. It does not.

You.

You kid yourself by assuming companies worry about "everyone" winning.

They don't. Their concern is making money. There is no longer any considerable money to be made in releasing major DS titles. It really is that simple, and what is more confusing to me is your inability - or perhaps simply unwillingness - to recognize despite being told by any number of individuals at every juncture at which you choose to raise the topic.

Let me spell it out as simply as it possibly can be: the DS is dying if not dead. No company is continuing to produce major software for the DS family, and whatever software continues to trickle out as last gasps was in development prior to the 3DS, in which case there's no sense in wasting completed resources. Nintendo has since moved all of their key franchises to the 3DS and that is the one indicator you should be looking at, because it tells you all you need to know.

There it all is, in plain black and white. The reality is yours to accept or not accept, but make no mistake, your refusal to accept this reality doesn't change it in the slightest, no matter how many times you elect to rail against it.

Enough out of you. Eternally, enough out of you. Stop this.

Could “world first” mean that it is a game that is not based off any other. Meaning no Gray, 3rd gen remakes, or anything of the sort.