• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii or Bulbapedia?

Bulbapedia or Serebii?

• Bulbapedia

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Serebii

Votes: 27 67.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zibdas

not bad
Which do you think is the better Pokemon resource?

iShock

Real name is PixL8
You should have added Smogon and Marriland.

Anyway, Bulbapedia is better for general Pokemon information, and Serebii has in-depth game mechanic explanations. There are other things I couldn't be bothered to mention too.

MonkeyX

it depends, serebii has more competitive stuff but bulbapedia has more anime and individual pokemon info meh ill go with serebii

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I voted for Bulbapedia. From my experience, it's rarely ever wrong, and it does contain more information on subjects like the anime.

Serebii loads faster and is easier to navigate. Bulbapedia has some cool articles though. Things like glitches, prototype Pokemon and stuff that is hard to find elsewhere.

Overall I use Serebii for getting stuff like level up moves and stats but Bulbapedia is better for generic "facts"

toawest1

Pokemon Trainer
i use serebii the most bc it is easier to understand and the forums are easier to understand

iShock

Real name is PixL8
I find Bulbapedia easier to use though. Serebii forums are best. Competitive stuff = Smogon/Serebii Stats and in-game information = Marriland/Serebii/Bulbapedia General Information, Glitches, etc = Bulbapedia Game Dynamics = Serebii/Bulbapedia

Gigastrike

Bulbapedia could be organized better, but I find that it's information is much more complete. I've read about a lot of moves and abilities on Serebii, and often-times been left still wondering exactly how they worked.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Serebii loads faster and is easier to navigate. Bulbapedia has some cool articles though. Things like glitches, prototype Pokemon and stuff that is hard to find elsewhere.

Overall I use Serebii for getting stuff like level up moves and stats but Bulbapedia is better for generic "facts"
I pretty much agree with this.

Serebii seems to be more reliable with things like Pokedex information. Also, the Pokearth and other features are really cool. However, there are specific things Bulbapedia talks about that the former site doesn't have. I don't think Serebii could really cover all of that information, but it is mainly the quick miscellaneous information you get from Bulbapedia.

TRSRockin was really good about glitches and the old hexidecimal system, but it was taken off.

Shreyas

I tend to use Serebii for a good amount of information, but Bulbapedia is kinda suggested over Serebii at times.

Its hard to pick a great resource, honestly. Bulbapedia does get the information fast though.

No. 1 Machop Fan

Both. I use each resource for different things.

Enviros

Banned
I find it easier to navigate Bulbapedia, and it's just easier to type what I need into Google and have the first result be a Bulbapedia page... my vote goes for Bulbapedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.