• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Paranormal & Crypto-zoological Society

Which is the most Outrageous (funny, stupid, unbelievable) Hoax? non-members can vote

• Cardiff Giant, a supposedly petrified giant, actually carved from gypsum (1869)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Living Diplocaulas (extinct lizard) discovered, clay model (2004)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Mary Toft supposedly gave birth to rabbit and cat parts following a miscarriage (1726)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Smoking Banana Peels to get high, aka bananadine (1960s-70s, re-emerged in 1990s)

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I mean I'd be asking you to edit your post and correct your spelling, grammar, and un-capitalized first words. But since I said that you didn’t need to post full sentences, I’m not going to gripe about incorrectly written sentences, as long as they’re readable enough I know what you’re saying.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
Alright, I'm going to try something new. 10 points to anyone who can guess who she is based off of.

Ooh! I know! Cassie from Animorphs! I love those books.

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Whoop Whoop!

I read the Animorph serie a looooooooooong time ago. I loved it! Even though the books are way to short, imo.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Okay… it’s time for

Scenario Challenge 1

But first a couple things;
Since there are only three of you, I will be treating you as a single team, but scoring you individually. Bonus points will be available in each round, so don’t get discouraged if it looks like you’re falling behind.

Introducing your team:
* Adalricus - Athletic high school nerd, Riley
* Treecko’s Awesomeness - Shut-in high school fan boy, Zach
* Grassmaster411 - Compassionate veterinarian and ecologist, Cassie

Scenario Challenge 1 - A Plan for Survival…

This challenge ends on the 7th.

It is worth up to 5 points, and 2 bonus points.

Each team member should provide a unique answer (posted in this thread) to the challenge based on what they know about their teammates’ in-game characters. You may write, sketch, comic, sprite comic, or whatever you need to do, to get your idea across.

Please try to keep things PG-13

Setting:
Small-town in the USA, summer - You and your teammates came into town for some summer time relaxation. The town is somewhat remote, being several hundred miles from the nearest City. Cell phone signal is spotty at best, but that just means there’s less chance for drama or work to get in the way of your vacation, only…

The Threat:
Lately people and appliances have begun to spontaneously combust. The incidents are ruled accidental deaths or mechanical malfunctions (Madge was old and infirm, Devin was a heavy smoker and drinker, that coffee maker never did work that well…), until the local grocery store clerk erupts into flames in front of several witnesses. Who will be next?

The Challenge:
Come up with a plan for survival involving all three members of you team.

Bonus Points:
* Creativity
The most creative plan will earn a bonus point.

* Plans that take into account what else may combust:
Cars, telephone wires, ect…

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Wow.. Credit to me for discovering this post today, the 6th. lol

I think it is a bit too late for me, seeing that it is Midnight. which means, "today" is actually "Tomorrow" since I have not gone to sleep yet, and it is over 00:00. (Why am I still up?)

Well then.. I shall start.. "Tomorrow" , which is still the 6th. lol. Besides, It is not the end of the world if I miss out on one challenge, is it?

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
Alright, here I go. Sorry for the wait, I had a 3 page essay for my college course. Not sure how long of a response you wanted, but this seems like a decent enough plan for the situation.

Cassie
Small-Town USA

Cassie had witnessed the horrifying sight of the grocery store clerk catching on fire. She screamed and tried to call 911, but she had no cell phone coverage.

After joining with her team members, she had calmed down some, but her hands were still shaky. She tried to think straight, but her mind was racing.

"We need water". She said. "Lots, and lots of water. A lake, or a river, or a big pond or something! And we need to get away from anything that plus in. Things that run on.....microchips or something. My point is we need to avoid outlets and electricity".

"Maybe, maybe find a vacant barn or, or a log cabin. Maybe those places would be best. Failing that, maybe we could make some kind of shelter in the woods. And we need things that put out fires, thing like fire blankets, extinguishers, and, and just fire proof stuff."

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Trying to create something like that, then:

A good vacation-spot in a small town in USA.

Riley had heard of the phenomenon called spontainous Combustion, but had never witnessed it. Though, he was a bit scared it might happen to him. then, one day, he witnessed as the cute girl in the Coffe-Shop just burst into flames.
It took him a few moments to precieve the situation, but then, he quickly grabbed the coat of an old lady from the table next to him, and tried to put out the flames. He did not succeed in saving the poor womans life, and her death-screams were pretty traumatic for him.

It happened again, in a store some days later when Riley was doing grocery-shopping for his parents. There, he met a girl named Cassie. She looked like she was about to break down, yet, she managed to somehow think straight, and come up with a plan involving Water. "What is going on? What the *Beep* is happening?"

Then an idea began to shape in Rileys head. "What if we soaked ourselves? Fire can't catch on if we're all soaking wet!"

(I hope I did this right, and correct me if I did anything wrong, please)

Last edited:
Hey, sorry for being so late. I kinda took a hiatus from Serebii.

Anyway, this looks like a fun RP. I'll enjoy watching it.

I haven't seen any paranormal news lately...Anyone else find something?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Sorry for the delay:

Scoreboard
* Adalricus - Riley: 5
* Treecko’s - Zach: 0
* Grassmaster411 - Cassie: 7

Okay so now it’s time for:

Oct 8-14: Movie Trivia - Use your movie knowledge to earn your team points.

* I’m going to post questions one at a time, first person to post the correct answer (at least mostly correct) will get the point for that question.

* Go ahead and post an answer if you think the person above you is wrong, I’ll let you know who is right when I return, as I’m not on Serebii 24/7.

First Question:

In The Fourth Kind, what type of animal do Dr. Tyler’s insomnia patients claim to have seen outside their windows at night?

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
^ I have that movie.

And now... Riley's Science-Show!
*Corrects glasses* They all claim to have seen a white Owl, kind of like a warning that says: "Hey, hey guy! Yeah you. You'll be taken soon..." . ;164;

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Correct!

Scoreboard
* Adalricus - Riley: 6

Question 2:

In the black and white silent film Nosferatu, (which was based on the novel Dracula), which character actually had the power to kill the vampire?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Only a woman, pure of heart could distract him. Which results in the vampire drinking her blood and forgetting about the upcmoming day,

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Correct Again...

I would also have accepted Nina/Mina due to the films history. The DVD I have uses the name Nina, and some ignorant editor decided to color correct the film destroying the tinted scenes... sigh.

Scoreboard
* Adalricus - Riley: 7

Third Question!

In the Alfred Hitchcock movie The Birds, what species of bird do we see being purchased at a pet shop in the beginning of the movie?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
They want to buy lovebirds for Mitch's birthday, but they are sold out.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Yes… though lovebirds eventually do get bought… and she wasn't in there for Mitch's birthday.

Scoreboard
* Adalricus - Riley: 8

Fourth Question:

In the 2003 film, The Core, what is the codename name of the secret government project that started the whole problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.