• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Paranormal & Crypto-zoological Society

Which is the most Outrageous (funny, stupid, unbelievable) Hoax? non-members can vote

• Cardiff Giant, a supposedly petrified giant, actually carved from gypsum (1869)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Living Diplocaulas (extinct lizard) discovered, clay model (2004)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Mary Toft supposedly gave birth to rabbit and cat parts following a miscarriage (1726)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Smoking Banana Peels to get high, aka bananadine (1960s-70s, re-emerged in 1990s)

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
So... you're just going to read 100 ghost stories in a dark room?

I'm not thrilled that they went with fairy, but I like the idea of having a new type, and I think it will be intresting. I don't know that there could be much for our group to discuss about them unless someone wants to challange Rotom's spot as mascot though.

Edit:
Added another News Story - UFO Photographed over Muiderslot Castle

Last edited:

MileniaKitsune

Tropical Trickster
I was more thinking on just saying some stories by myself and see if that worked heh.

Yeah, I think it would have sounded better as "Fae" or maybe "Magic" type.

Read the news about the Mars rat. It frustrates me that they didn't let the robot get closer to at least get a better picture, I mean, it was RIGHT there .___. Seems kinda suspicious to me.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
So… get 100 birthday candles… light them, and blow them out after each story you read/mumble. If there’s a ghost after the last one, let us know.

Fae is a rarely used shortening of Fairy (that most Americans would only associate it with a certain smutty TV show). It’s also the name of an explosive device, so that's probably not a good idea.

…and Magic is really vague, as almost any pokemon could be 'magic' type. At least it’s not Light type though.

I saw the big picture of the ‘rat’, I’m pretty sure that ‘rat’ is a rock. But yeah, it wouldn’t have hurt anything to go have a look, would it? It’s a solar powered EXPLORATION vehicle after all.

EDIT (June 19):
Added new news, Marfa Lights and The Story Behind 'The Exorcist'.

EDIT II (June 20):
Added another article, this one's about Leprechauns!

Last edited:

Argon Wartortle

Farewell, SPPF...
Yeah, I don't think the rat is for real. I'd like to see them do an actual manned expedition to Mars and see what they find then, or do some more probes to send to Saturn's moon Titan and see what they find.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Yeah, that'd be cool!
New news! UK Ghosts and Bathroom Factory Ghosts in Bangladesh!

EDIT:
Added some real news that may relate to the paranormal... sheep eating plants and zombie bugs.

Last edited:

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Man, it's been a while since I've been here (formerly Falcario97 btw), but while I was gone I have been watching some paranormal sightings on Youtube, specifically Japanese ghosts caught on tape and various poltergeists. While doing so, I stumbled upon a supernatural doll named "Robert the Doll". It's said that a man named Robert Eugene Ott was given a doll that he named after himself, and he would communicate with it for long periods of time. When he was an adult (married), he was told to put the doll up in the attic. However, the doll supposedly gained some supernatural power that is capable of sending anyone in the vicinity to experience symptoms of mass hysteria, paranoia, and drastic mood changes. Now the doll is placed in a museum in Florida.

That's all I remember from the top of my head, but here are some videos:

http://youtu.be/KCWeA6mv0XY
Mind the jumpscare. I don't know why that was implemented in the video

http://youtu.be/XgtwDYmpWAM
Just something to speculate about. I don't know whether the doll is really blinking or if it's just a shadow effect.

I want to delve in a little deeper into possessed objects on my part. Thought it'd be good to share.

EDIT: I noticed that I'm off of the member list. Do I have to sign-up all over again?

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I’ve come in contact with possessed/cursed items as well. Actually, it’s probably part of what started my fascination with the paranormal. I’ve got stuffed elephant that is known to move on it’s own. My parents brought it home from a carnival, any they and my uncle would move it around the house, the guilty person pretending it moved on it’s own… until one day they realized none of them had moved it. Solution? Give it to the baby. I seem to remember it moving around the room while I was gone when I was little, though at current it doesn’t seem to do much more than settle. - I’ve got a few smaller items as well, rings that might have belonged to a witch, a dream catcher that seems to cause nightmares, and other stuff, to that seems… suspicious.

I didn’t watch either video, but it sounds like the first one is what’s called a ‘Screamer’ the point of the video is for the pop creature (often accompanied by a scream, hence the name) to scare your intended victim. The second video sounds like it’s worth taking a look at, I’ll have to watch that when I have a chance.

Yes technically, you were supposed to re-contact me about getting back on the list. There’s been a change in the membership rules, at the end of the month (or every other month) I contact anyone who hasn’t posted in 2 months and if they don’t reply, I wipe them from the member list. But because of your name change, you may not have gotten the PM, so I’ll just put you back on the list. PM me if there’s a creature you had claimed, or want to claim.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
I’ve come in contact with possessed/cursed items as well. Actually, it’s probably part of what started my fascination with the paranormal. I’ve got stuffed elephant that is known to move on it’s own. My parents brought it home from a carnival, any they and my uncle would move it around the house, the guilty person pretending it moved on it’s own… until one day they realized none of them had moved it. Solution? Give it to the baby. I seem to remember it moving around the room while I was gone when I was little, though at current it doesn’t seem to do much more than settle. - I’ve got a few smaller items as well, rings that might have belonged to a witch, a dream catcher that seems to cause nightmares, and other stuff, to that seems… suspicious.

I didn’t watch either video, but it sounds like the first one is what’s called a ‘Screamer’ the point of the video is for the pop creature (often accompanied by a scream, hence the name) to scare your intended victim. The second video sounds like it’s worth taking a look at, I’ll have to watch that when I have a chance.

Yes technically, you were supposed to re-contact me about getting back on the list. There’s been a change in the membership rules, at the end of the month (or every other month) I contact anyone who hasn’t posted in 2 months and if they don’t reply, I wipe them from the member list. But because of your name change, you may not have gotten the PM, so I’ll just put you back on the list. PM me if there’s a creature you had claimed, or want to claim.

Ah, that's a very interesting story. I find it fascinating that objects could easily be possessed, mostly for anonymous reasons by my perception. But that is a good story.

Oh, and the first video isn't a joke, but there is a jump scare at 2:35. However, everything else is pure documentary.

And thanks for putting me back on the list :). Glad to be back!

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
You're Welcome, it's good to have you back.

I've added some new news, a ancient statue that moves on it's own? Is it a trick? A spirit? Or something else?

I've also decided to start a Blog about Paranormal, Mythical, and Strange things. I'll be putting a link in my Sig once I have some actural content besides the welcome post, so probably later today when I have time to work on that.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Just saw the Rotating Egyptian statue video and read the article. I think it's quite possibly a spirit held within the statue. Just an omen brought from the ancient tombs that's now simply taking notice of it's misplacement.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I read the article, I should be able to review the video tomarrow, I'm hoping the veiw of the statue's base isn't obscured the whole time. TAPS had a video of a lamp moving at the Myrtle Plantation, but there was enough off screen to cause reasonable doubt.

Added some further news on Amelia Earhart, I know it's not mysterious anymore, but I figured I might as well post the info for follow-up purposes.

EDIT (June 25):
Added some alien related news, planets that could support life and mini humanoids.

Also got a look at the videos. The Robert the Doll blink is unconvincing, the jumpscare is kind of lame, and the staute could easily be hoaxed.

Edit (June 26):
More news, the mysterious Voynich Manuscript may not be a hoax after all.

EDIT (June 29):
More news, evidence of Bigfoot? Read it for yourself and decide!

EDIT (June 30):
Are we Martians?

EDIT (July 1):
New news, again… Nessie may just be Seismic Activity

EDIT (July 3):
Added more news... somebody else, post already...

Last edited:

Argon Wartortle

Farewell, SPPF...
First post in a while :3

I found the thing about Martians really cool, and thought-provoking. The thing about head transplants is just freaky... It could really be bad depending on the donor :p

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
Hey guys, sorry I've been gone for na while.

I've really been interested in the Voynich manuscript. I'm going to check that news out, see if theres anything new I havent seen.

Here is a really good video on fear and terror. I highly recommend it. It shows a lot of insight into the human psche.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEikGKDVsCc

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Grass: I'll have to check that out...

I'm going to remove the SPCS Paper info from the front page, as it wasn't that sucessful a project. I did put my unicorn article on my blog (it might be kind of neat to post your article as well Grass, I'd make sure it was properly credited of course), but only one person ever asked for the paper file, so that's that I suppose.

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
Unfortunately, I didn't read anything new about the Voynich Manuscripts I didn't already know. It was a good article though, and for those who haven't heard of it, I recommend you read it.

VampirateMace: Sure, go for it. I really like that article, and yours as well. In fact, if its possible, could you email me the PDF of it again? I recently had a bad set of viruses on my laptop, and unfortunately the SPCS magazine didn't survive.

Nothing new on my side, other than that video about terror. I'll keep on the lookout for more cryptid videos on youtube though.

Oh, and one more thing. There is a channel on youtube called WeirdWildSpooky. Avoid this channel at all costs. All of their footage is fake, and they prevent commenting if you try and say so. Their most famous clip is an altered video of the gallimimus from Jurassic Park.

EDIT: I actually just found something interesting. I have no idea what is was, but some campers caught a clip of some kind of animal on their camper. I can't quite match a known species to it. My best guess would be some kind of macaque or possibly a tree kangaroo.
Heres the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6MOkVxggQU

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Cool... sure, I'll send you the paper later, I can't do it from here (it might be a good idea for you to resend me your e-mail address, since I'm not sure I still have it).

More videos to watch... yay!

(Edit: Grass, I went ahead and posted your article on my blog since I hadn't written anything for today. So, thanks. I have a few ideas rattling around in my head, but I'm feeling distracted today.)

EDIT (July 8):
More news, Roswell and Ghosts.

EDIT (July 11):
More news, jackalope, haunting, and miracles!

EDIT: (July 12):
More news... more vampire gravesites found!

EDIT: (July 14):
More news, alien abduction.

EDIT (July 16):
More news... videos and more videos

Last edited:

Argon Wartortle

Farewell, SPPF...
Been a while since last post, hasn't it?

Anyway, I found the thing about alien abduction really interesting. It's really thought provoking that there might be other beings out there who only see humans as mere test subjects. It's kind of a pity we're only testing stuff on animals when there are 38 million Beliebers out there...

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
Anyway, I found the thing about alien abduction really interesting. It's really thought provoking that there might be other beings out there who only see humans as mere test subjects. It's kind of a pity we're only testing stuff on animals when there are 38 million Beliebers out there...

No matter how many times I see this joke, it makes me chuckle.

Got a new video. Looks very hoaxy, but I felt it was worth posting. Theres no scare by the way, even though this video screams "jump out a spook you".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPa84-1t0Wk&list=PLxjhuqVpXIiMsHXJ0jHn1ujuGBOFqwAQp&index=4

I'm making a youtube playlist of possible/good quality cyrptid sightings. So far I've got the one above, a possible pterosaur sighting(Which I posted months ago), a very CGI-looking clip of an alien attack, and the clip of the scared campers I shared a few posts ago.
Vampirate, are you still unable to see the videos I post here, or is that problem gone?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Well, um, problem is a strong word... Sometimes, as was always the case, it depends on where I am.

Beliebers, lol... I don't know how aliens might see us, but if we're just test subjects, they're probably not coming from that far away are they? After all if you're going to build a lab and run tests on rats, you wouldn't build it in the next state/providence over, would you?

EDIT:
More News, Strange Humming Sound

Last edited:

MileniaKitsune

Tropical Trickster
Hello everyone, been a while! Sorry about that but I'm having trouble with my computer. I see new interesting artcles, I'll have to check those out specially the alien abduction one. Well,the other day I saw a show called Stan Lee's Super Humans and showed a man that could use telekenisis. They even put some wires on his head to measure the brainwave and found differences when compared to a "normal" brain, maybe this guy could be legit? Anyone else seen this?

Status
Not open for further replies.