• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Paranormal & Crypto-zoological Society

Which is the most Outrageous (funny, stupid, unbelievable) Hoax? non-members can vote

• Cardiff Giant, a supposedly petrified giant, actually carved from gypsum (1869)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Living Diplocaulas (extinct lizard) discovered, clay model (2004)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Mary Toft supposedly gave birth to rabbit and cat parts following a miscarriage (1726)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Smoking Banana Peels to get high, aka bananadine (1960s-70s, re-emerged in 1990s)

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I haven't seen that episode, but to be honest I stopped watching because some of the stuff in the earliest episodes didn't seem that super, but I don't know if the show improved after that or not. Personally I believe in telekenisis, even though it doesn't make any scientific sense, but rather based on personal experinces.

More News! Has part of the true cross been found? Can zombies battles be boiled down to an equation?

Shouldn't wooden pieces wear out?

As to the zombie thing, I'm pretty sure zombies would re-die pretty fast if an outbreak occured, so this equation shouldn't be useful.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
greatguy: Yeah, the wood would have worn out, that's why people only ever claim to have splinters, as the whole cross (save through a miracle) should not still be together.

EDIT:
More news, psychics, ufos, and a giant pentagram.

EDIT:
More News! A possible Angel encounter, a Séance App for your iDevice, and the impending flip of the Sun’s Magnetic Field!

I watched a show once where they were using a device similar to the Séance App, and it supposedly said a word that wasn’t programmed into it! Of course, it was TV and there’s a lot of stunts they could have pulled to make that seem like the case when it wasn’t…

EDIT:
Well, turns out the priest isn't an angel of the supernatural sort. Posted the article for follow up.

Last edited:

Argon Wartortle

Farewell, SPPF...
Regarding ghosts, has anyone played/watched commentaries of horror games relating to ghosts or the paranormal?

I recently downloaded and played One Late Night, it was legitimately terrifying for a free indie game. There's the infamous Slender as well, played that in a darkened room at night on a dare D: Anyone else got experience like that? :)

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Along the lines of paranormal related games:

For DS; Lunar Knights is one of my favorite games, standard monster killing with puzzles. It’s based on the Boktai series, which you may be able to find for GBA if you’re lucky. Boktai was both awesome and annoying for the same reason, the weather affects your ability to slay vampires.

You may also be able to find Another Memory (um I forget the American name) for DS, where you play as a girl who tries to find her father aided by a ghost with amnesia. Lots of puzzles there. Touch Detective has some paranormal jokes if you’re keen enough to spot them, like that your butler is a vampire. Of course, that game is more craziness than anything else.

I’ve played Silent Hill 2, 3, and Shattered Memories all the way through (more than once), and have played part of 4 and 1. I won’t be able to get all the way though 1 until I get a PS1 card or a marathon party.

Owl Waxer does a bizarre youtube series on the Silent Hill games where thon shows thon’s gameplay footage with funny voiceovers and commentary on the wrongness of what is going down, “There’s a shot of my leg for you ladies out there.”

Ghostmaster (PC game) is also one of my favorite games, where you play as the ‘master’ of a group of ghost who go haunt different locations to achieve different goals the ‘ghost council’ sets for you (such as scaring everyone off, or revealing a secret without scaring anyone off). Um, it’s not as lame as it’s sounding... It’s kind of like pokemon in a way. You get to pick a group of ghosts to take in each haunting with you, and each one has certain powers which you can customize later on. There’s a lot of movie references as well, some of which are fairly funny.

Startopia is a fun PC game too, if you can find it. Not scary and only paranormal if you’re the sort of person that counts aliens as such. You run a space station with the help of VAL, catering to various alien races.

- Oh, and how about board games? I have Vampire Hunter, a fairly simple board game which you have to play in the dark because the light from the tower changes the board, cards, and dice, depending on if it’s night or day in game. We’ve never not had a good time playing that!

Last edited:

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
You have Vampire Hunter, too? Man, I've never met anyone else with the game. I lost most of my pieces, but I still have the tower.

I suppose I'll start off by talking about something that I've only ever seen people from my home state know of.

Haints (pronounced like "taint" or "paint")

Most people don't know it, but long before Europeans settled North America, the land that is now Kentucky used to be an insane asylum of sorts. The Native Americans of this area would exile their criminally insane to our unnavigable forests to die. They would die out there of starvation, exposure, or be eaten by coyotes or bears. The spirits of these poor people still linger, completely corrupted by the hatred and anger they felt in life to the point that they don't even recall that they were once human. They are violent, and can and will hurt living people foolish enough to venture into our forests at night.

I would also like to state that I do believe in the Slenderman for one reason and one reason alone: My great Aunt. She is a German immigrant and, ever since I was small, she would tell me stories of "Der Großmann". I recall her saying to me: "If ever you are alone in the forest and you should hear singing, drop to your knees and beg God for forgiveness. He has seen you, and it is too late."

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Cool, honestly, I hadn't heard of either of those. You'd told me Haints were like Wraiths, but it also sounds like they're like Yuurei (hungry ghosts).

Slenderman is a fairly recent creation, but it's intresting to see that there are older figures with similar traits. I can see how you'd believe in Der Großmann too, I once heard it said, 'that any myth that survives 100 years or longer, must have an element of truth.' And I'm seeing some sources claim he dates back to at least the 16th century, so he's been around a while, hun?

EDIT:
Added several new news stories, check them out! - Just had an idea! Let me know if you want me to PM or VM you when there is NEW NEWS, and I'll put you on a list of members that I'll send news updates to!

Also, the American name for 'Another Memory' is 'Trace Memory'.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Now, I’ve heard of that one…

Well, here in the North Western US, there's an alternate version of Bigfoot (really they’re kind of a cross between Bigfoot, kappa, and skin-stealers) that comes from Native American tales, the Stick Indians. They’re described either as skeletal or very hairy, and basically they harass you if you camp on their land; poke you with sticks (hence the English name. You’re apparently not supposed to call them by their native name cause it could summon them), make funny noises, attack you in your sleep, molest you, and may even use magic on you, or eat you.

There’s also a few specific ghost stories, like everywhere else in the world. Haunted shops/malls/hotels/homes/military bases, bridges… there seems to be less hauntings in the NW, which makes sense because most buildings are younger. Though you’d think the natives would have left some ghosts…

Added one news story.

Celestial Moth

Guardian of the Tree of Time
Now, I’ve heard of that one…

Well, here in the North Western US, there's an alternate version of Bigfoot (really they’re kind of a cross between Bigfoot, kappa, and skin-stealers) that comes from Native American tales, the Stick Indians. They’re described either as skeletal or very hairy, and basically they harass you if you camp on their land; poke you with sticks (hence the English name. You’re apparently not supposed to call them by their native name cause it could summon them), make funny noises, attack you in your sleep, molest you, and may even use magic on you, or eat you.

There’s also a few specific ghost stories, like everywhere else in the world. Haunted shops/malls/hotels/homes/military bases, bridges… there seems to be less hauntings in the NW, which makes sense because most buildings are younger. Though you’d think the natives would have left some ghosts…

Added one news story.

This story also has a lot of relations to the native Aztecs to some parts of northern south america whose knowledge of the underground was extensive and even understood what they believed to be the underworld, but was and is the hollow earth . Now these 2 things may not be related at all, though a few months ago when their was visibly distinguishable tectonic activity the was a lot of speculation,rumors and energy flowing around about surfacing creatures.
Though "2013" fueled undoutably.
But people have those kinda reports vampire all over the world, when it has to do with materialized humanoids at night.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Do you mean the Snake People C. Moth? I suppose it could be considered similar, though these are clearly differences between these creatures. The Stick Indians aren't from a underground world, but inhabiting the Earth just the same as man. Stick Indians are also clearly mammalian in nature, though sometimes referred to as more spirit beings than temporal.

Ghosts don't always appear at night, that's just when some investigators believe them to be most active. One of the most famous Myrtle Plantation photo was taken during the day.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
Has anyone ever been to this creepypasta website? It's called bogleech.com, and contains within it some of the best creepypastas I've ever read. I also like creepypasta.com and the creepypasta wikia. Those are the three I frequent.

[More related to paranormal]

Soon, I will be purchasing a new camera, and there are a surprising large number of abandoned houses near my hometown. I am thinking of going to some and snapping some pictures. If anyone's interested, I've already posted a video (made up of still pictures taken on possibly the worst digital camera ever and an EVP taken with an MP3 player with built in microphone) on youtube of my first exploration of an abandoned mansion near my hometown, owned by a friend of my dad. Quality is crap, but still.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Doesn't Bogleech have a lot of non-creepy pasta stuff too? Calling it a Creepy Pasta site may be unfair to the webmaster. Personally, I find a lot of Creepy Pasta to be boring and predictable, or just poorly written and plain confusing, usually it's the stories everyone is gushing over too. If you invest some time looking, there's a lot of older stories that are far better written which you can read free (or you can always check out a modern horror book at the library), like "The Upper Berth" (Berth in this case means Bunk, as in bunk beds for the Americans out there).
You can read it online: http://gaslight.mtroyal.ca/upprbrth.htm
(and this version appears to have been censored, so, I guess we don't need a cussing warning)

Urban Spelunking, sounds like fun, though you should take into account whether or not you are doing anything illegal, as even an abandon house is still technically private property in most places, so you still need the owner's permission. I was just thinking recently that I need to figure out how to use my Tab to record audio for EVPs.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
While I agree that a lot of Creepypasta sucks, some are quite good. "They Go Deep" (sometimes known as "October Frost") is one of my all-time favorites. Not really scary (to me), but I rather liked it. The "One White Whisker" series, and "Dogscape" are also good. Again, not scary, but weird. However, I am an English major and spend...pretty much every waking moment reading, so I've come across quite a bit.

I know the people that own the various houses I plan to explore and have already gotten permission. Don't want to get shot, so I figured it would be better safe than sorry.

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
Sorry about not posting in a while guys. I've been pretty busy with school work, but not that busy.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of anything like creepypastas. To me, ther're either really weird or just downright terrfifying. The last one I read was about a fictional cryptid called the "Rake".

I recently read a really good horror novel called "172 hours on the Moon". I could not sleep for weeks after reading it, and I still sometimes get nightmares involving its plot. Its very well written though, so I forgive it.

Got some articles too. One about a possible chupacabra origin, the other about herbivorus terror birds.
Terror Birds: http://news.discovery.com/animals/p...s-prove-vegetarians-can-look-scary-130829.htm
Chupacabra http://news.discovery.com/animals/mysterious-blue-dog-in-texas-claimed-to-be-chupacabra-130829.htm

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Nemmeh:
Sorry if you felt like I was treating you like a kid about reading choices, that’s just kind of my default mode. I might look up those pastas some time, considering your expertise.

Look forward to seeing if you capture anything on your adventures.

Grassmaster:
I just saw new series ‘The Unexplained Files’ where the first episode featured those hairless blue-eyed dogs. And they do match some descriptions of chupacabra. I’ll add that to the news. I’m not sure how the other fits paranormal/mythical, but it’s an interesting article anyways, so thanks for posting it as well.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
Nemmeh:
Sorry if you felt like I was treating you like a kid about reading choices, that’s just kind of my default mode. I might look up those pastas some time, considering your expertise.

Look forward to seeing if you capture anything on your adventures.

Nah, that's cool. Sorry if I was a bit defensive--that's my default mode. ;)

I'll be getting a new camera this week (Saturday at the latest), with any luck. Look forward to pictures by the end of the month (perhaps. Quite busy with school)!

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Cool, we all cool then...

Lots of lightning here lately, some people say that can strengthen spiritual activity, but I haven't noticed anything unusual in that respect (I could smell the electricity last night though, er, the ozone). Not even while I was working in the mummy exhibit (I volunteer at a museum) the day after a big storm (I got to see gravity waves in the clouds).

Check this out:
Mysterious Webs in the Amazon
(Not paranormal as far as I know, but the cool sort of stuff many of us seem to be into… nor is skyscraper death ray, but that‘s cool too.)

EDIT:
More news, mysterious Elk deaths in NM... speculate, now, go... speculate already!

EDIT II
More news, could paranormal shaped objects acturally be paranormal?

Last edited:

MileniaKitsune

Tropical Trickster
Hello! So sorry for being so on and off :/

Weeeell, I was thinking about the chupacabra after reading that article on the first page. DNA tests found it to be more than 90% coyote though. But what intrigues me is how the chupacabra is viewed as canine in the US. Where I live the chupacabra is described nothing like that for years, I remember when young my grandma telling me stories of it from her dad! When I was little I remember my dad and the neighbors where outside chasing something weird and throwing rocks at it, we all went out to see and all we could see was a big slendery shape swooshing through the foliage. Now, I'm not saying that was a chupacabra but during that time we had several animals die just like the chupacabra incidents describe (no blood inside just some small holes on a part of the body).

When I first heard of the chupacabra it wasn't even known that well in the US so to me when I hear "the chupacabra" I have a very different image in mind. The description is that it can stand on two legs, has pretty big eyes and that glow in the dark either very bright yellow/orange or red, it's very agile and it even appears to glide from rooftops or trees, it has claws and either spikes (or spikey fur) all over its back and has fangs with a long tongue (which is believed to use it to drink blood like a bat). I used to draw it a lot xD

Ohh I hope we get a chupacabra based Pokemon someday (we don't have that yet right? at least that I remember)

Status
Not open for further replies.