• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Paranormal & Crypto-zoological Society

Which is the most Outrageous (funny, stupid, unbelievable) Hoax? non-members can vote

• Cardiff Giant, a supposedly petrified giant, actually carved from gypsum (1869)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Living Diplocaulas (extinct lizard) discovered, clay model (2004)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Mary Toft supposedly gave birth to rabbit and cat parts following a miscarriage (1726)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Smoking Banana Peels to get high, aka bananadine (1960s-70s, re-emerged in 1990s)

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
Well, 500 posts. I'd say this club is here to stay. I find most threads that don't get over 500 don't last long. No official news to report. I've been swamped by my college and AP courses. Luckily, I'm on vacation for 2 weeks, so I'll try and be active here.

I actually have Dracula on my NOOK, it came with it, but my English Teacher asked me not to read it because I'll be reading it in class soon.

@VampirateMace: For my article for the magazine about animals sensing ghosts, would you want it written in the from of a lab report or like they write topics in National Geographic?

And now for the reason of my post. I just learnt this today, and thought it might be relavent for you guys to hear. October is almost here, and people always associate it with Halloween and scary movies. But it turns out that October is also National Dinosaur Month. Made my day.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
Well, 500 posts. I'd say this club is here to stay. I find most threads that don't get over 500 don't last long. No official news to report. I've been swamped by my college and AP courses. Luckily, I'm on vacation for 2 weeks, so I'll try and be active here.

I actually have Dracula on my NOOK, it came with it, but my English Teacher asked me not to read it because I'll be reading it in class soon.

@VampirateMace: For my article for the magazine about animals sensing ghosts, would you want it written in the from of a lab report or like they write topics in National Geographic?

And now for the reason of my post. I just learnt this today, and thought it might be relavent for you guys to hear. October is almost here, and people always associate it with Halloween and scary movies. But it turns out that October is also National Dinosaur Month. Made my day.

Really? That's awesome. I love dinosaurs.

Speaking of dinosaurs, Grassmaster, I read your book. It's really good. You know that you can you can put the link on the banner, though, instead of having in text underneath, right?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Whichever way works best for you Grassmaster, just try to be accurate and coherent. Speaking of such, WE NEED MORE PROJECTS FOR THE PAPER…

Yay… dinosaurs…

Now, everyone pay attention, because it’s time for:

Horror Movie Team Challenge SIGN-UPS

The challenge starts Oct 1, each week your teams will get a new challenge, and will receive points for each team member that completes that challenge.

Tentative Schedule:
(Exact dates and challenges subject to change)

Sept 24-30: Sign-ups!!!
Oct 1-7: Scenario Challenge 1 - A Plan for Survival…
Oct 8-14: Movie Trivia - Use your movie knowledge to earn you team points.
Oct 15-21: Creative Challenge 1 - Paranormal Investigation
Oct 22-28: Scenario Challenge 2 - Who to Trust?
Oct 29-31: Last Chance Movie Trivia - Answer quick to earn bonus points for your team before the final tally.

Sign-Up:
You don’t need to post full sentences, just provide enough information that your teammates will have some idea of your in game character for the Scenario/Creative Challenges. Please go for realism rather than an all-around perfect person.

Human characters only please.

Character Name: What will be your character name for the duration of the game?
Gender & Age: You know what these are…
Occupation: What does your character do for a living? Or are they a student?
Special Skills: Is there anything you do particularly well?
Personality: Brave/timid, intellectual, artistic, kind, annoying, polite/rude
Physical Traits: Tall/Average/Short, Fat/Medium/Thin, Frail/Toned/Muscular

Last edited:

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
Speaking of dinosaurs, Grassmaster, I read your book. It's really good. You know that you can you can put the link on the banner, though, instead of having in text underneath, right?

Really?!?, You did?! Thats awesome, thanks for feedback. You looked at the website in my description, right? I've only posted a it of my story elsewhere, so I just want to make sure thats where you got it from.

Yeah, I'm not too good with computer technical things like hyperlinking. I was afraid if I tried I'd delete something by accident.

@VampirateMace. Is this like a character sign-up for an RP, or do we describe ourselves?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
[ URL="http://elbosse.yolasite.com/" ][ IMG ]http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff413/golem1232/bannerlolf.png[ /IMG ][ /URL ]

Type that in without the spaces inside the brackets.

I might enter the horror movie challenge, but I've been overloaded with homework recently. It all depends on how things go from here.

That snake's really interesting. I've never heard of a double ended one before.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Treecko, that code isn't going to help unless you use Grassmaster's site not the 2-headed snake news page...

I hope some people sign-up, optimally we'd have at least 4 players. I know people have school/work, so I'm trying to keep things not too complicated or time consuming...

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
@VampirateMace: Not sure if you will let this fly, but I figured it couldn't hurt to give it a shot. MugoUrth and TA might recognize him.

Name: Kra e' Tac

Gender/age: Male/10(18 in human years)

Speical skills: Kra has an ok knowlegde of advanced technology and extinct wildlife. Due to the fact he is a troodon, he has great agility, reflexes, and night vision like an owl. He can speak english, though not very well.

Personality:: Kra is curious to the extreme. This gets him in trouble a lot. . He is fairly fearful, running away from anything that becomes a threat. Although he usually judges that too late. He is a natural problem solver, and is constantly trying to figure things out.

Physical Traits: Kra has large eyes and brains, putting any other dinosaur to shame in terms of intelligence. His mouth is fairly weak, so his teeth would puncture most kinds of flesh, but not go any farther. His feet have 3 toes, the third has the signature toe-claw of raptors, and that is his main weapon. His hands contain 3 long and clawed fingers, with a third thumb-claw that he uses more as a thumb than a claw. He stands 4 feet tall, is 9 feet long from head to tail, and weighs 110 pounds. He is a light brown in color, with stripes of darker brown on his neck, back, and tail.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Uh… well… I know I didn’t specify that I was looking for human characters, but I figured it would be understood that I was… This is actually a tough decision, because:

If I let you play, I have scenarios that will work around the obvious physical advantages there would be to having claws and fangs, thus keeping things fair… but then I’d be obligated to let everyone else have free reign to play as whatever, but you know how I feel about Flaming Marshmallows from Flambé Dimension, so, I’d have to make some restrictions, but I’m not sure where to draw the line.

So, um… I’ll get back to you one that…

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Hi guys. I'm kinda newbie here in this club.
What are you guys talking about?

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
Hehe... whoops. Sorry about that. I fixed it.

Anyway, I think I've got an idea for a character, but I'm going to have to wait to post it. Is it okay if he's comically genera savvy?

@Adalricus: We're discussing an upcoming horror movie RPG for the club.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Okay, I’ve decided I’m going to have to restrict the challenges to human characters, as per my original intent. Feel free to sign up as a paleontologist though, Grassmaster.

@ Adalricus: We’re going to have a challenge contest (lite RPG and Trivia) during October (hopefully) you should join in, it should be fun.

Treecko, the change isn’t appearing… and yes, your character can be however you like as long as you can make it reasonably believable, and human.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
How do I join, then?
And what do I have to do?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Just fill out the sign-up form in post #503 (it's higher up on this same page) and post it. Once you've joined you'll have to follow the instructions I post here each week to earn points for your team. Sometimes it will be about you and your teammates characters surviving/investigating, and other times it will be awnsering trivia questions.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Ok, I'll give it a try. correct me if I did something wrong:

Character Name: Riley
Gender & Age: 18 years old boy/man/guy/whatever they call 18 year-olds. lol
Occupation: apart from being a student, he is pretty intelligent, but is often getting himself into situations he should not be in. He has an interest for books, reading, jocks. lol and his lifegoal is to find out what really happens when a sock disappears from the washing machine.
Special Skills: He runs pretty fast, and has good stamina. Why he is not in the track team, is a mystery
Personality: Pretty Jolly, and sometimes forget to take concideration to others. He is pretty shy, and likes being alone.
Physical Traits: despite being what society would call "Nerd" he has pretty facial structures, along with the nerdy glasses. His hair is short and crimson red. he's at average hight, and has a good physical apperance.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
...That's odd. I thought I had fixed that. Oh, well. Anyway, here's my sign up.

Character Name: Zachariah Goodfellow (Zach)
Gender & Age: Male, 17
Special Skills: Due to spending an excessive amount of time watching films, reading books, and browsing TV-tropes, Zach enjoys an extravagant knowledge of recurring themes from many types of fiction.
Personality: Zach is plagued by extreme paranoia and is suspicious of everyone he comes in contact with. While he is fairly intelligent, most would simply describe him as annoying, self centered, and weird.
Physical Traits: Zach is not physically strong by any means, and prefers to avoid confrontation rather than face it. He is short, thin, and has barely a scrap of muscle on him.

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
Alright, I'm going to try something new. 10 points to anyone who can guess who she is based off of.

Name: Cassie Berenson

Gender and Age: Female/25

Special Skills: Growing up with a zookeeper father and vet mother, she has a great knowledge of animal behavior, anatomy, and general zoology. She is also a great horseback rider and an artist. She knows little or nothing about 90% of movies or other pop culture, But her knowlegde of animals might help.

Personality: Cassie is the mother of most groups, always looking out for others, be it human or animal. She is kind, polite, and slow to anger. But there are a few select things that can set her off, such as animal cruelty and racism.

Appearance: Cassie is short, about 5'2, and often wears overalls and other farm clothing. She has a meduim build, not fat but no where near hollywood skinny. She is stronger than most give her credit for, working with large animals on farms. She has short, black hair, brown eyes, and light chocolate skin.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Adalricus (Riley): Accepted
(Though if this was an actual RPG forum Sign-up, I’d be asking you to make revisions.)
Generally we call them boys or males.

Treecko’s Awesomeness (Zach): Accepted
Sometimes forums and stuff will default to an earlier point when they undergo maintenance or server power fluxes, so it’s probably not your fault.

Grassmaster411 (Cassie): Accepted
Only thing that comes to mind is Dr. Casper, but I doubt that’s right.

Status
Not open for further replies.