• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Plot Nido Exchange-O-Matic

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
pCXzEd8.png
UlrIG4M.png

Serebii Plot Nido Exchange-O-Matic

(Approved by Dragonfree!)

So. This was inspired by something my good friend Tangent128 did for an RP community we're both in (he lurks here, but doesn't post much) I felt would be fun to adapt to here. What is it, you may ask? A randomized writing prompt exchange! Give a prompt, get a prompt - but you'll never know whose you'll get until it happens!

The rules are simple:

• Every two weeks, interested people submit a simple-but-still-enough-to-build-a-story-around writing prompt with a video-game-esque "achievement name". New people submit a prompt automatically as well - including an extra one to provide a buffer!
  • In return, they will randomly receive someone else's prompt via PM after two weeks have passed.
  • You then do anything from writing a drabble or oneshot around the prompt to working it into an existing story you're writing somehow, with an "Achievement Unlocked" message in a spoiler tag at the end of the post stating which prompt you completed.
  • You may interpret the prompt however you wish so long as it's still technically completed. Feel free to get creative!
  • Since the prompt assignments are secret, post what prompt you've fulfilled once you've done so with a link to the post where it was fulfilled and submit a new one in exchange.
  • Ideally, you will keep a prompt until you complete it, but if you are really stuck or just uncomfortable with the prompt you got, we'll allow a redraw.

Note prompts should be simple and flexible, but still enough to build a story around in the event the person who gets one doesn't want to modify an existing story to include one. "Have one of your characters order takeout" is simple and could be worked into an existing story if the author really wanted, but probably wouldn't work very well for this overall since it's hard to base an entire story around in case they don't want incorporation, whereas "Have a character (or characters) get lost in a cave" would work pretty well, since it involves an unusual situation that it's pretty easy to build a story around, while remaining very general so that the direction to take it and what to focus on and what characters to involve remains entirely up to the author - and could still be inserted into a story with clever enough writing if the author is willing!

But get cracking with those prompts, people - remember, you give one (or two to start) to get one!

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Just me
Let's kick this off, since I've been wanting to get myself to write one-shots again.

My prompts:

Fear Factor
Someone has to confront their worst fear.

Reunion
A trainer meets a Pokémon that they released again.

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del
I'd like to join in with this =D

Oops!
A rescue mission goes wrong in a very unexpected way

The Fourth Wall
What would happen if a trainer realised s/he was actually a video-game character?

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Yaaaay responses! :D

Since Tangent agreed to do the randomizing (and will be PMing everybody's prompts when the time comes), I'll throw my own hats in the ring to keep this going, especially as the prompts are useful fodder for this drabble thread right here. :B

Living A Legend

Write something from a Legendary's perspective.

Under Construction

Write something with heavy worldbuilding!

Last edited:
Alright, time for the lottery! (No, not that Lottery, put those rocks away.)

I have shuffled the pool, and sent out the PMs with prompts for Umbramatic, Dragonfree, and DeliriousAbsol.

Reminder that you can interpret your prompt however you like, so take a new angle if you're stuck.

Have fun!

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Alright, time for the lottery! (No, not that Lottery, put those rocks away.)

I have shuffled the pool, and sent out the PMs with prompts for Umbramatic, Dragonfree, and DeliriousAbsol.

Reminder that you can interpret your prompt however you like, so take a new angle if you're stuck.

Have fun!

Thank you!

However, since only three people have entered so far, so please, others join in for more variety! We can still keep this going with current system, but it's more fun with more people!

Last edited:

Polipuff

Artisan of Words
I guess I'll join?

Score!

Find a hidden treasure

Respawn

Somebody's getting put out of commission, possibly for good?

Last edited:

Polipuff

Artisan of Words
just 'ended'. I didn't want to put 'die' to maximise creativity, however, you can interpret it as dying

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
just 'ended'. I didn't want to put 'die' to maximise creativity, however, you can interpret it as dying

Hmmm... Perhaps rephrase it as "Somebody's getting put out of commission, possibly for good?"

EDIT: Better! Welcome aboard! ^_^

Last edited:

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
This sounds like so much fun!

Sea of Life
Someone is exploring the ocean with their Pokemon

The Haunting Party
A person is continuously bothered by a bunch of Ghost-type Pokemon

Diamond1304

Ghostwriter
I'll bite.

PokeManiac: Write about a character who is under the extreme delusion that they are a Pokemon.

Unexpected Encounter: Write about a Trainer who battles a pokemon that they had released in Wonder Trade.

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Umm... I haven't recieved a PM yet? Am I supposed too?
The prompts are drawn every two weeks; you'll get someone's this Wendsday or Thursday. Thanks for your intrest!

Last edited:
Sent PMs out to Umbramatic, Polipuff, Diamond1304, and Starlight Aurate. Check your inboxes!

Presumably, Dragonfree and DeliriousAbsol are still working on theirs, which is perfectly fine. They'll just get their next prompt the drawing after they toss a new prompt into the pool.