• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Premier League 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod

SPL2.png

~Credit to Smogon for the original concept~

Hello everyone and welcome to the Serebii Premiership! In this league style tournament, six teams will participate in head to head matches for five weeks. Afterwards, the top 4 teams will compete in the Serebii Premiership Play-offs.

I] Format
II] Battle Rules
III] Managers
IV] Auction
V] Schedule
VI] Prizes

I] Format

As the tournament progresses, teams face each other in head to head battles with 5 battlers per side who play. Each team will want between seven and nine players, however they can have six or more than nine. Below is the list of metagames in which each team will be playing:

BW Overused 1:
BW Overused 2:
BW Overused 3:
BW Ubers:
BW UU:
BW RU:
DPP OU:

The managers of each team will PM me the team they are playing with each week. If a player is inactive during the week, a substitution can be made for that player.

During the league stages, a win will earn the team three points, a draw will give the team one point, and a loss gives the team nothing. In the case of a tie at the end of the league stage, the Win/Loss Difference of each team will be used in order to determine which team goes through to the play-offs. In the case of a tie in the semis or finals, each team will select one member from their respective to play a tiebreaker in BW Overused.

The standings will be updated each and every week visible to teams and spectators.

II] Battle Rules
- All battles are to played on the battle simulator Pokémon Online.
- Standard Serebii rules and Clauses also apply
- Here is a list of banned Pokémon and abilities for BW Overused:

Abilities
• Moody

Pokémon
• Arceus
• Blaziken
• Darkrai
• Deoxys-A
• Deoxys-N
• Deoxys-S
• Dialga
• Excadrill
• Giratina-A
• Giratina-O
• Groudon
• Ho-oh
• Kyogre
• Lugia
• Manaphy
• Mewtwo
• Palkia
• Rayquaza
• Reshiram
• Shaymin-S
• Thundurus
• Zekrom

In addition to these bans, the abilities Drizzle and Swift Swim are not allowed on the same team.

Finally, for BW Overused and BW Ubers, abilities that have not been released in the Dream World are banned. Here is a list of eligible Dream World Pokémon and abilities.

III] Managers

The managers will be the most important part of a team. They decide who plays what metagame and when, and deal with the finance (explained later on). There are currently Five Managers out of Six, and they are Blue Harvest, Dragonuser, Gamefreak, Pureatrainer, and ThatsJustPeachy. If you think you have what it takes to be the Sixth manager, please PM me with the following form:

Name:
Timezone:
Activity on the SPPf:
Team Name:
Team Banner Details (mascot, background, text etc.):
Why I should be a Manager:

Note: Only one of you will be chosen
A Team Name may not have anything profane/racist etc. in them, we want to keep them appropriate. In addition, the mascot of a team must be a Pokémon. Finally, when a manager has been approved, it is advised for them to make a chatroom for their team.

Please note that a manager cannot play in the league stages for a team, so if you want to battle, do NOT apply to be a manager. Applications will be accepted until 96 hours after this post. Afterwards, the managers will select the players they want to battle for the Serebii Championship under the following system:

IV] Auction

A sign-up thread for people who want to play in the league will be opened once all the managers have been selected. The sign-up post will be filled in like this:

Name:
Tiers:
Timezone:

The sign-ups will last for a week, and after, the auction will begin.

Each manager will be given $30,000 to use to bid on players they want for their team. The minimum bid for each player is $1,500, but there is no cap; just don't overbid! When you want to raise the bid, you must raise the bid by a minimum of $500.

Players will all go to the highest bidder. During the mid-season, three days will be given for managers to trade each other players in whatever they choose. In addition, a new sign-up thread will be open during those three days for those who either didn't get bid on, or missed the initial sign-up thread.

V] Schedule

Week 1: Manager Sign-Ups and Selection and Player Sign-Ups
Week 2: Auction
Weeks 3-8: League Stages
Weeks 9-10: Play-offs

VI] Prizes

To be unveiled on a later date.

-----------------

Just incase you didn't know already, this is NOT a sign-up thread. I hope this will be an overall good experience. Get to PM'ing, Managers!

Last edited:

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
just warning u all now

Scyther Slashers will be taking home this win

Honus

Hi Guys I use the Happy Style that means my eyes are being raped :]

Lets get it!

Last edited:

Fortunato

Sic Transit Gloria
DU is mistaken by his stupidity as The Spear Pillar All-Stars will be winning this tournament.

Utopian

faults & feats
Lol.

Let's see if lucs can actually make this live unlike SvN.

Ísjaki

Flood Of Red
Manager sign-ups will end on Friday and results will be posted on Saturday. Player sign-ups will be posted on Saturday or Sunday :3

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
you know, one team should have 1 short guy on the team, then 5 others, and call themselves 5 jerks 1 squirt :3

Status
Not open for further replies.