• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii PS All Stars tournament! Use Supers to take the Win!

Which game mode would be best for the tournament?

• Time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stock

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Well like I said before in the Playstation Thread, I planned on holding a PS All Stars tournament before the new years end.

FORMAT:

1. 1v1 with screenshot as proof of victory in the thread.

2. Matches between the 2 players will be in sets of 3.

3. Meaning 3 1v1 battle.

4. Keep a screenshot of each result and add/subtract all the points to reach your total score.

5. Highest score moves on to the next round.

RULES!!!

If you don't have a screenshot with the name of the opponent on it in a timely manner or not at all, it automatically counts as a loss against you and adds 0 points to your score.

Both players must submit a screenshot and photoshopping will disqualify you from the tournament and banned from future tournaments.

Depending on player preference, I'll leave the mode up to the players. Meaning Time or Stock limit depends on the 2 players.
I will instead have a poll on which mode to have along with items and hazards off or on depending on votes.

If there are disagreements on the mode then I will ask the players to choose a side of a coin and flip it. The one who gets lucky, gets to pick the mode.

Prize and Rewards!

I'll wait and see how many people want to play in the tournament and then update this part with the prize.

Right now its at a $10 PSN card but the more people we get the higher the prize will go in value. From a $10 PSN to a $20 or even $50 PSN card. Maybe even a free game or PSN+ membership card.

Also the winner gets to brag that he/she is the best PS All Star player in the forum.

Player list <--- PSN IDs and title if you prefer

PSN: Crimsonlink310 Title: Phantom

Footnote: trolling or anything not related to the tournament will be reported and the mods will deal with it.

PS: I welcome any suggestions to make the tournament better if possible. Please share your ideas if you think it adds to the tournament.

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I'll be honest. I'm not entirely sure how many people you'll get to sign up for this. It just seems like an unnecessarily complicated process to do a tournament. But if I may make two suggestions that can simplify things considerably:

- First off, modes, items, and stage hazards should be up to the person hosting the tournament - that would be you in this case. It should always be the same for each match. It just makes more sense that way, and it makes the tournament feel more official. Plus, there will be no disagreements on modes and such this way, because every match will have the same parameters.

- Secondly, if you're going to do a tournament that's not in-house, then it would be a better idea to have the players record the entire match on video (there are many free apps that can do this with reasonable quality on the PS3). Photos are just way too unreliable, and it's too easy to take a picture at the wrong time. Recording it avoids this problem, because you have every part of the match right there for you to see.

Last edited:

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
I'll be honest. I'm not entirely sure how many people you'll get to sign up for this. It just seems like an unnecessarily complicated process to do a tournament. But if I may make two suggestions that can simplify things considerably:

- First off, modes, items, and stage hazards should be up to the person hosting the tournament - that would be you in this case. It should always be the same for each match. It just makes more sense that way, and it makes the tournament feel more official. Plus, there will be no disagreements on modes and such this way, because every match will have the same parameters.

- Secondly, if you're going to do a tournament that's not in-house, then it would be a better idea to have the players record the entire match on video (there are many free apps that can do this with reasonable quality on the PS3). Photos are just way too unreliable, and it's too easy to take a picture at the wrong time. Recording it avoids this problem, because you have every part of the match right there for you to see.

Ok thats some fair suggestions.

Mode, Items and Hazards I will put a vote on so that the tournament isn't restricted to something only a few people would play. It might be easy for me to say leave all items and hazards on and play Time matches at 3:00 minutes but a lot of people might not like that. So I'll leave it up to democracy to decide if the mode will be Stock or Time, Items off or On and if Hazards are off or On For All Matches

As for the recording part, it might be too complicated for players imo. Sure everything can be searched on google but I'm more interested in who won the match at the end and most competent users on the forum can take a picture using their phone camera or something of that sort of the score screen.

If both players post a screenshot of different scores then we know something is off and that one or both are lying.

There is also the part where some 1v1s can go on for a long time which makes watching recordings a drag. Really this is meant to be a small tournament of about 8-10 players if I'm lucky as no one seems interested. Maybe I should post in general discussion?