• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Team Showcase

deoxys-defense.gif
bisharp.gif
lucario-mega.gif
thundurus.gif
azumarill.gif
garchomp.gif

Serebii Team Showcase

Hello everyone, welcome to the Serebii showcase! Here, users will submit teams or RMTs they have created for submission to this Showcase. The Showcase provides newer players not only with good teams they can use, but teaches them team structure, how to build a good team, and how to use a good team. I highly recommend you submit teams, the worst that can happen is your team gets denied. If it does, our Showcase managers will explain to you what your team needs work on and how you could fix it.

Please read the rules before submitting teams. And please feel free to take and use any team you may find! They are here for you to use.

Rules

1. Do not complain if you're team is denied.
2. Do not submit a team you didn't make.
3. When submitting teams, please provide a brief explanation, at least one replay, and importable of your team.
4. You may resubmit a team, but only if you have made changes to your team, provide 3 or more replays of the team in action, and explain why it is better than your last team.
5. Do not request to become a manager of this thread, nor should you deny a team if you aren't one.

Managers:
The DragonKnight
McDanger
Usatoday

Teams

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

Last edited:
Kinda cheap, but this is easily the best team I've ever made :$

landorus-therian.gif
keldeo.gif
pinsir-mega.gif
latias.gif
mamoswine.gif
rotom-wash.gif

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

I like Mega Pinsir. I wanted to make a team around Mega Pinsir. This is what I got. Mamo is my hazard lead. Jolly because Lead Sashloom is annoying, and being able to OHKO with 3 hits of Icicle Spear or 2HKO with 2 hits really pays off in the long run. He can also revenge kill with Ice Shard mid-game if rocks are off the field. Lando is my scarfer and acts as an offensive pivot, while soft checking opposing birdspam with Intimidate. Rock Slide because it OHKOes Pinsir and Smogon Bird. Along with Lando comes my main Bird Spam check in Rotom-Wash, who creates a nice Volt Turn core with Lando. Chesto Rest over lefties for instant recovery. Speed EVs to outspeed BellyJet Azu. Keldeo is my special wallbreaker that softens things up for a Pinsir sweep. Icy Wind to hit the latis and DNite. Latias is my defogger, and she has Healing Wish to give a second life to a teammate. Lastly we have Pinsir himself. Mold Breaker to hit Rotom on the switch with EQ when not Mega evolved. SD to boost his attack to sky high levels. Frustration over Return for Dittos. Thats basically it.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-141748132
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-141072978
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-140773322

Snorby

Snorby
A hot n' spicy team without a mega and also with a choice specs zapdos b!tches

Zapdos @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Scald

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

So, I built this team with the goal of making an effective team with Specsdos in mind. Since most people upon seeing Zapdos will assume it's the standard physically defensive set, will play without caution and end up getting a key pokemon KO'd/crippled. Zapdos is my usual lead because it can fire off powerful Volt Switches, and in the case of the popular Landorus-T lead, OHKO with HP Ice. Heat Wave can thrash Ferrothorn, Scizor, Aegislash, virtually any steel type not named Heatran. Volt Switch is a powerful STAB that provides momentum, while HP Ice complements it well. Extrasensory helps as a surprise check to Mega Venusaur. Zapdos, though it loses much of it's physical bulk, still can beat Mega Pinsir and Talonflame with it's powerful Volt Switch and can soak up a hit or two. Tyranitar holds a Smooth Rock to help Excadrill break down the opponent's team by giving three more sand rush turn to play with. Pursuit traps Lati@s, Crunch is useful for reliable STAB, and Earthquake hits Aegislash without KS mindgames, as well as Bisharp and Heatran. SR is obligatory on any team. Excadrill hits very fast and very hard with sand support, and spins away SR on a team with a x2 and a x4 weakness. Keldeo provides a special nuke in Specs Hydro Pump, and baits in Lati@s allowing me to double switch to TTar and trap the twins. Scald is useful for giving a reliable Water STAB and allowing Keldeo to possibly cripple Azumarill on the switch. Swords Dance Talonflame, while normally considered outclassed by CB or BU sets, finds a role on this team for it's abillity to sweep late game. Once the counters have been taken down and SR is off the field, nothing cleans up late game quite like it. Breloom is in the last slot of the team for it's abillity to pressure the opponent with Spore, and it's powerful priority move to take down the likes of Greninja in Mach Punch. It also provides an Azumarill check.

Click for Replay of this cute team in action
Click for another Replay of this team from an OU room tour's semifinals

Ironically, both are against Reverb.

Last edited:

McDanger

diggersby.gif
/
volcarona.gif
/
venusaur-mega.gif
/
tyranitar.gif
/
excadrill.gif
/
dragonite.gif

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Return
- Stone Edge

Volcarona @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Rest

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit

Excadrill @ Life Orb
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed

A balanced team, this team is centered around a four pokemon core of bulky volcarona, mega venusaur, defensive tyranitar, and excadrill, each playing a key role. Volcarona is the main sweeper of the team as most teams forget how good the moth is, making use of a chesto rest set to get around its low defense and weakness to priorities because of that, as well as giving it more longevity as well as allow it to stallbreak to a degree, healing off toxic and paralysis Mega Venusaur plays a key role in baiting in Heatran and doing 80% roughly with Earthquake as well as check troublesome pokemon such as Thundurus, Landorus, and Keldeo as well as the main answer to the rare Terrakion. Tyranitar ended up being a nice option with its physical bulk, allowing it to check things like Mega Charizard X, as well as bait in some annoying things like Excadrill, Landorus, and Gliscor as well as pursuit trap some annoying things like Latios. Excadrill is the primary revenger of the team abusing Tyranitar's Sand Stream. Now I didn't use the smooth rock on Tyranitar because while the sand helps in some cases, its more unhelpful to Mega Venusaur and Dragonite. Dragonite's primary role is a check to Charizard Y as well as a second win condition, setting up on waters that pressure Volcarona while Volcarona can set up on ice moves that scare off Dragonite. Lastly Diggersby acts as an answer to stall dealing a lot of damage to most pokemon, helping to wallbreak threats like Hippowdon and Gliscor.

Usatoday

Eternal God
Cause Ubers is just that cool <insert cool face>

|
rayquaza.gif
|
groudon.gif
|
xerneas.gif
|
blaziken.gif
|
aegislash.gif
|
palkia.gif
|

Ah ubers the metagame of gentlemen (lol). Anyways a team that I've been working on for a few weeks now, it centers around a set that was actually quite common in gen 4; Sashlead Rayquaza. Rayquaza is there simply to bully it's way past Groudon and Lando-T. Draco meteor hits unimaginably hard and the sash allows it to live an non multihitting move. Blaziken was the next logical choice as it appreciated having the physical walls worn down by a special nuke. Then with Blaziken sun is nearly a must so along came Groudon and was quaintly a stealth rocker. Aegislash joined as the teams Xerneas counter and secondary Ekiller check. Palkia was added to check Kyogre and because nothing on my team appreciated water attacks I went with a specially defensive spread. Finally Xerneas was added to patch up the weakness to Darkrai and Yveltal.
Rayquaza @ Focus Sash
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Dragon Claw
- ExtremeSpeed

Groudon @ Lum Berry
Ability: Drought
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Blaziken-Mega @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Low Kick
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- Swords Dance

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Rock Slide
- Megahorn
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Atk / 184 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball

Palkia @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Surf
- Toxic
- Rest
- Fire Blast
Replay
cool-gifs-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2369.gif

You May Now Applaud

Last edited:

Onyx Tanuki

Ma! There's a weird 'nuki in the yahd!
May as well show off an NU team I've been working with for a little bit:

sawk.gif
mismagius.gif
tropius.gif
relicanth.gif
wigglytuff.gif
steelix.gif

Sawk @ Choice Band
Mold Breaker
Jolly
4 HP, 252 Att, 252 Speed
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

I initially thought I'd need Electivire to get this particular combination of attacking types, and I think he still could do a little more work with it, but what Sawk has over him is Mold Breaker, allowing his Earthquake to hit things like Mismagius and Weezing that think they could switch in on a Close Combat (as well as letting him hit Lightningrod Seaking with Thunder Punch, though that could probably fall to a CC anyway, or avoid triggering Motor Drive on a predicted Thunder Punch if the opponent switched Electivire or Zenstrika in). He also trades off Speed and a better defensive type for that ability. Not a huge issue, I needed a Fighting type on my team anyway and an Electric would give me a pretty nasty Ground weakness that my other team members would have issues dealing with. Jolly makes his middling Speed stat something I can work with. CC is his STAB and is the move I'll most likely use if he's gonna sweep, while Earthquake, Ice Punch, and Thunder Punch all combine to give him a great selection of super-effective coverage. I could probably trade his Band out for Expert Belt to give him more flexibility, or Scarf to let him more easily revenge-kill things, but he's done reasonably well with Band.

Mismagius @ Life Orb
Levitate
Timid
4 HP, 252 SpAtt, 252 Speed
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Power Gem
- Destiny Bond

Mismagius is one of my favorites thanks to both having great coverage and carrying Power Gem, one of my favorite moves in the game. I think the set is rather self-explanitory; Shadow Ball for STAB, which combines with Dazzling Gleam for near-perfect neutral coverage. The one thing that combination of moves doesn't hit is Pyroar, which Power Gem handles effectively. The fourth slot is open to a lot of options; Energy Ball would give me even more SE coverage, Nasty Plot could be used for set up, Trick could be used to pass a Choice item to something that wouldn't like one very much. For this set, though, I ended up going for Destiny Bond; Since Mismagius has pretty good Speed it can use it to kill off opponents when its health runs low enough from Life Orb damage that it's worth the sacrifice.

Tropius @ Rowap Berry
Harvest
Calm
248 HP, 8 SpAtt, 252 SpDef
- Leech Seed
- Roost
- Giga Drain
- Air Slash

It's a real shame both of NU's Harvesters have meh defensive capabilities, but between the two, Tropius has better overall bulk and fewer weaknesses than Exeggutor, so I went for this one. I like the idea of Rowap Berry being used to punish Special opponents, especially late in the battle when the opponent has less options for switching out. This guy actually does a pretty good job of walling anything that doesn't have Ice or Fire moves, especially Grass types, and Rowap Berry adds just a bit more damage on top of what he's dealing out already. Leech Seed is both residual damage and heals, Giga Drain is STAB damage and heals, Roost is for when he just needs a straight-up heal, and Air Slash is secondary STAB and additional coverage. I'm debating giving him Starf or Sitrus and swapping Air Slash out for Substitute, but Starf won't benefit him much if it doesn't give him a buff to Def or SpDef, and while Sitrus would be really effective, I feel like it'd be a bit boring.

Relicanth @ Assault Vest
Rock Head
Adamant
252 HP, 252 Att, 4 SpDef
- Head Smash
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Bounce

This guy is a powerhouse. His Head Smash deals a huge amount of damage, and his defenses are good enough that he can easily survive pretty much any non-Grass attack. Honestly, I don't think he even needs Aqua Tail or Waterfall, but I may run into a Ground type he may need to handle. *shrug* In any case. Head Smash is the main STAB, with his Rock Head ability nullifying the monstrous recoil he'd surely suffer otherwise, and Aqua Tail acts as a secondary STAB. Earthquake combines with Head Smash for effective neutral coverage, and Bounce is mostly there to help him handle a Grass type that makes the mistake of trying to set up on him late game (though Zen Headbutt would probably be a stronger option). Assault Vest is great, as it's helped beef up his meh SpDef enough that he can survive some neutral Special attacks and strike back.

Wigglytuff @ Leftovers
Competitive
Modest
252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpAtt
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice
- Dazzling Gleam

I love using unconventional Wishers on my teams, and while I have a strong preference for Alomomola, it's not exactly an option in the NU tier, and while Audino is a great option, I just don't really like it much, so Wigglytuff it is. While I'd have loved to give it some decent defenses, I decided that its offense was more where I wanted to go with, so I opted for Modest nature and SpAtt EVs. Wish takes advantage of its high HP, since most of my team gets well over 50% health back from it, while Heal Bell is to heal status since Sawk and Relicanth are both crippled by Burn, and Tropius isn't a fan of Toxic. Hyper Voice and Dazzling Gleam are its STAB attacks, though I could probably swap one or the other out for Thunderbolt since it's most likely to switch in on a Flying type or Lumineon trying to Defog.

Steelix @ Life Orb
Sheer Force
Brave
252 HP, 252 Att, 4 SpDef
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Rock Slide

I'll admit his set isn't the best, mostly because I threw him in at the last minute. Originally I had Eviolite Gothorita, until I realized that Shadow Tag is banned from UU down; Competitive is nice but already Wigglytuff's niche, and Frisk just doesn't cut the mustard for me. I struggled with picking out his Steel-type STAB, since everything has drawbacks; Heavy Slam is usually the most powerful move but leaves him taking Life Orb damage and isn't as effective against heavy foes, Iron Tail has crappy accuracy, and Iron Head is pretty meh as far as power even with Sheer Force boost. Stealth Rock isn't a major component of his set, but it works very well with Wigglytuff's Competitive ability, and I figured since two other team members carry Earthquake, it'd be silly if everyone with a Physical movepool had it. Crunch and Rock Slide offer effective coverage options that get boosted by Sheer Force. He's great for absorbing status, too, since he's immune to Toxic and Thunder Wave and can't be touched by Toxic Spikes, and is a good counter to NU's Fairies.

Before I get on with these, I should note that I kinda made a mistake and forgot to give my Steelix any EVs, since he was Gothorita's last-minute replacement, and I didn't realize it until I was going through the movesets to type in here. So it's not performing to its full potential by a long shot. I also didn't change its nicknames (it became my team's Fester, while Wigglytuff got turned into a female and renamed Wednesday :p), but that's hardly a gameplay issue. :p Anyway, on to the battles.

----------

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nubeta-142741937 - This battle was a pretty close one, showcasing the strength of the majority of my pokemon. Sadly it began with some failhax, as my Relicanth missed his Head Smash against my foe's Altaria and was promptly eaten alive by a Power Herb boosted Solar Beam (which I honestly was not aware was a thing on Altaria). Besides that, though, and not predicting my opponent using Earth Power with his Stunfisk, I feel I did a great job of predicting his moves. He may well have been able to finish me with Mantine if it had Air Slash, but I would guess by his forfeiting that it in fact didn't. That, and even if it did, Sawk would likely have cleaned up with Thunder Punch.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nubeta-142724428 - I lost this one, but it was still a nice fight, albeit short, that displays how well Relicanth can do. It took out the two things I feared most on his team - Omastar and Mismagius - fairly quickly, and the rest of his team quickly followed suit. At the end of the day, though, I underestimated his Primeape; being left with three pokemon, two of which were weak to Fighting, allowed him to roll the remainder of my team with it. This is an instance where forgetting to invest those EVs really hurt me badly; Steelix would have had a good shot of surviving CC by a slim margin (assuming he was standard Scarfape, he'd only have about a 1/3 shot of finishing Steelix off based on my calcs) and countering him with Heavy Slam. However, because I forgot the EVs, I had no chance of winning by that point. Even with that loss, I feel I played this match fairly well.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nubeta-142733839 - I loved this match; it really came down to the wire here, and I love when a battle goes like that. Early on in the match, after some pretty rapid switching, he eventually got a Choice Scarf on my Wigglytuff, which in most cases would have been deadly for it, but because it's slightly more offensive a set than is typical, it wasn't all that big a problem, and that actually comes into play at the end of the battle. When I saw his Altaria jump in and Substitute, I was really expecting him to DD, but thankfully at that point he just Roosted up, allowing me to see if my Steelix could break its Sub with Rock Slide (which it could). The set would later prove to be DD after all, which would again factor into my win. It took a whole 19 turns until someone finally lost a pokemon (my Relicanth to his Magmortar, which survived Steelix's Rock Slide, and probably wouldn't have had I not forgotten to invest EVs XD). By turn 54, I was down to Wigglytuff, convinced that I'd lost the match, but it turns out thanks to his trading me that Choice Scarf, I was able to outspeed the remaining members of his team and wipe them with Dazzling Gleam. All in all it was an amazing fight.

Code:
Lurch (Sawk) @ Choice Band
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Morticia (Mismagius) (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Power Gem
- Destiny Bond

Gomez (Tropius) (M) @ Rowap Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Roost
- Giga Drain
- Air Slash

Pugsly (Relicanth) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Bounce

Wednesday (Wigglytuff) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Wish
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

Fester (Steelix) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Brave Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Rock Slide

Sorry for not responding to this sooner, guys!

Kinda cheap, but this is easily the best team I've ever made :$

landorus-therian.gif
keldeo.gif
pinsir-mega.gif
latias.gif
mamoswine.gif
rotom-wash.gif

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

I like Mega Pinsir. I wanted to make a team around Mega Pinsir. This is what I got. Mamo is my hazard lead. Jolly because Lead Sashloom is annoying, and being able to OHKO with 3 hits of Icicle Spear or 2HKO with 2 hits really pays off in the long run. He can also revenge kill with Ice Shard mid-game if rocks are off the field. Lando is my scarfer and acts as an offensive pivot, while soft checking opposing birdspam with Intimidate. Rock Slide because it OHKOes Pinsir and Smogon Bird. Along with Lando comes my main Bird Spam check in Rotom-Wash, who creates a nice Volt Turn core with Lando. Chesto Rest over lefties for instant recovery. Speed EVs to outspeed BellyJet Azu. Keldeo is my special wallbreaker that softens things up for a Pinsir sweep. Icy Wind to hit the latis and DNite. Latias is my defogger, and she has Healing Wish to give a second life to a teammate. Lastly we have Pinsir himself. Mold Breaker to hit Rotom on the switch with EQ when not Mega evolved. SD to boost his attack to sky high levels. Frustration over Return for Dittos. Thats basically it.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-141748132
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-141072978
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-140773322

First of all, this time is pretty good. It handles a lot of threats and has a really good offensive presence. I see a few major threats to this team, though. First of all, Greninja rips through this team. You really can only beat it by killing it with Landorus, let Sash kick in on Mamoswine, or bring in Latias at full HP. All are quite shaky. Another major threat is Kyurem-Black. You have no switch ins to this, it just OHKOs everything with the right move and rocks up. Lastly, Keldeo + Charizard Y are major threats, as Latias can only take so many hits from either Poke, and as you lack Recover, it doesn't counter them. Lastly, you have little to no answer to stall teams, as the standard team has a counter to everything on your team.

I suggest you make these changes:

380.png
Healing Wish -> Recover
473.png
->
036.png

479w.png
ChestoResto -> Lefties + Pain Split

This allows you to handle CharY/Keldeo and Stall better, as well as have answers to Kyurem-Black and Greninja. Feel free to use my suggestions or keep your own!

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock / Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower / Stored Power

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

All in all, this is a very solid team that is good in the metagame. Approved! If you feel my suggestions or any other changes you make to this team are better than the copy here, please PM me with your updated version and why the changes were made.

A hot n' spicy team without a mega and also with a choice specs zapdos b!tches

Zapdos @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Scald

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird

Breloom @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

So, I built this team with the goal of making an effective team with Specsdos in mind. Since most people upon seeing Zapdos will assume it's the standard physically defensive set, will play without caution and end up getting a key pokemon KO'd/crippled. Zapdos is my usual lead because it can fire off powerful Volt Switches, and in the case of the popular Landorus-T lead, OHKO with HP Ice. Heat Wave can thrash Ferrothorn, Scizor, Aegislash, virtually any steel type not named Heatran. Volt Switch is a powerful STAB that provides momentum, while HP Ice complements it well. Extrasensory helps as a surprise check to Mega Venusaur. Zapdos, though it loses much of it's physical bulk, still can beat Mega Pinsir and Talonflame with it's powerful Volt Switch and can soak up a hit or two. Tyranitar holds a Smooth Rock to help Excadrill break down the opponent's team by giving three more sand rush turn to play with. Pursuit traps Lati@s, Crunch is useful for reliable STAB, and Earthquake hits Aegislash without KS mindgames, as well as Bisharp and Heatran. SR is obligatory on any team. Excadrill hits very fast and very hard with sand support, and spins away SR on a team with a x2 and a x4 weakness. Keldeo provides a special nuke in Specs Hydro Pump, and baits in Lati@s allowing me to double switch to TTar and trap the twins. Scald is useful for giving a reliable Water STAB and allowing Keldeo to possibly cripple Azumarill on the switch. Swords Dance Talonflame, while normally considered outclassed by CB or BU sets, finds a role on this team for it's abillity to sweep late game. Once the counters have been taken down and SR is off the field, nothing cleans up late game quite like it. Breloom is in the last slot of the team for it's abillity to pressure the opponent with Spore, and it's powerful priority move to take down the likes of Greninja in Mach Punch. It also provides an Azumarill check.

Click for Replay of this cute team in action
Click for another Replay of this team from an OU room tour's semifinals

Ironically, both are against Reverb.

Hey MMS, I like your team a lot. It's a very good gimmicky team. Specs Zappy can work very well, chipping away major damage on anything switching in. Your team is really weak to a few things, though. First of all, Mega Mawile, Mega Gardevoir, and Azumarill look like major issues. Really any Fairy type can come in on things and smash holes in your team. You, like Clone, have trouble with Greninja and Kyurem-Black. Tyranitar will win a 1v1 vs both, but can't consistently switch into them, and is your only real method of beating them, as Excadrill isn't a method to defeat them. Stall also looks like a major issue, as you lack any good way to beat it.

To fix this, I suggest you make this change:

663.png
->
212-m.png

286.png
->
646-b.png

This change allows you to handle to counter Mega Gardevoir, Azumarill, and Kyurem-B, as well as checking Mawile and Greninja. This still gives you a late game sweeper, like Talonflame provided you, but this allows you to to handle opposing threats easier. Kyurem-B allows you to not only beat BD Azumarill, like Breloom could, but it also lets you deal with stall, something you really have no answer to. Feel free to use my suggestions or keep your own!

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 116 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Outrage

Sorry, but I'm denying this team. It's really weak to a lot of relevant threats. If you wish to resubmit the team, please wait a little while before doing so, and explain how and why you've improved the team.

diggersby.gif
/
volcarona.gif
/
venusaur-mega.gif
/
tyranitar.gif
/
excadrill.gif
/
dragonite.gif

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Return
- Stone Edge

Volcarona @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Rest

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
Sassy Nature
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit

Excadrill @ Life Orb
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed

A balanced team, this team is centered around a four pokemon core of bulky volcarona, mega venusaur, defensive tyranitar, and excadrill, each playing a key role. Volcarona is the main sweeper of the team as most teams forget how good the moth is, making use of a chesto rest set to get around its low defense and weakness to priorities because of that, as well as giving it more longevity as well as allow it to stallbreak to a degree, healing off toxic and paralysis Mega Venusaur plays a key role in baiting in Heatran and doing 80% roughly with Earthquake as well as check troublesome pokemon such as Thundurus, Landorus, and Keldeo as well as the main answer to the rare Terrakion. Tyranitar ended up being a nice option with its physical bulk, allowing it to check things like Mega Charizard X, as well as bait in some annoying things like Excadrill, Landorus, and Gliscor as well as pursuit trap some annoying things like Latios. Excadrill is the primary revenger of the team abusing Tyranitar's Sand Stream. Now I didn't use the smooth rock on Tyranitar because while the sand helps in some cases, its more unhelpful to Mega Venusaur and Dragonite. Dragonite's primary role is a check to Charizard Y as well as a second win condition, setting up on waters that pressure Volcarona while Volcarona can set up on ice moves that scare off Dragonite. Lastly Diggersby acts as an answer to stall dealing a lot of damage to most pokemon, helping to wallbreak threats like Hippowdon and Gliscor.

Hey there danger, interesting team. First off, I don't like the Diggersby set. I find Life Orb SD, Sash SD, or Scarf to be much better than Band. LO Adamant hits almost as hard as Jolly Band does, doesn't force you to be locked into a move, and also gives you the ability to run Swords Dance. You also have no reason to be running Stone Edge over Wild Charge, as Skarmory completely walls Diggersby, and your team. I also don't like how your only method of beating common threats such as Iron Head Mega Mawile and Mega Scizor. These two things can sweep you from turn one as long as Volcarona isn't in. Volcarona also happens to be your only solid method of beating Skarmory, something that can literally beat every other Pokemon on your team 1v1. Almost every stall team has a Skarmory + Fire Type/Chansey, so I don't think your team will ever beat a competent stall player. Your team has multiple other threats, namely SD Terrakion, Alomomola, Slowbro, CM Landorus, Mega Medicham, SD Bisharp, Mega Heracross, CM Rain Dance Manaphy, Suicune, and Mega Charizard Y.

To help with this, I suggest you make these changes:

248.png
Physically Defensive -> Focus Sash
003-m.png
Specially Defensive -> Offensive
660.png
Choice Band -> Life Orb Swords Dance
637.png
->
681.png

149.png
->
647.png

First of all, yes, physically defensive TTar can be good, but I don't like it on your team. It'd fit perfectly on a more balanced team, but that isn't what I went with with my suggestions. Sash Tyranitar allows you to get rocks up when you need them and helps you deal with major threats to your team, such as Mawile, Mega Scizor, Landorus(-Therian), and Ferrothorn. Offensive Mega Venusaur, like Tyranitar, works better on bulky offensive teams, as it is capable of dealing with a lot of things far better than it could as defensive. HP Fire is here so Mega Scizor, Ferorthorn, and Mawile don't just come in and wreck havoc. I honestly don't see the point in CB Diggersby, as I said above. LO SD allows you to not only eases prediction, but allows you to beat Stall. Aegislash and Keldeo are added to the team to help with multiple threats, such as HP Fighting Latios, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Medicham, Mega Gyarados, and Mega Tyranitar.

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge / Pursuit

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 192 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis*

Diggersby @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Return
- Quick Attack

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpA
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Scald

All in all, for now I'm denying the team due to lack of counters to common things in todays metagame.

|
rayquaza.gif
|
groudon.gif
|
xerneas.gif
|
blaziken.gif
|
aegislash.gif
|
palkia.gif
|

Ah ubers the metagame of gentlemen (lol). Anyways a team that I've been working on for a few weeks now, it centers around a set that was actually quite common in gen 4; Sashlead Rayquaza. Rayquaza is there simply to bully it's way past Groudon and Lando-T. Draco meteor hits unimaginably hard and the sash allows it to live an non multihitting move. Blaziken was the next logical choice as it appreciated having the physical walls worn down by a special nuke. Then with Blaziken sun is nearly a must so along came Groudon and was quaintly a stealth rocker. Aegislash joined as the teams Xerneas counter and secondary Ekiller check. Palkia was added to check Kyogre and because nothing on my team appreciated water attacks I went with a specially defensive spread. Finally Xerneas was added to patch up the weakness to Darkrai and Yveltal.
Rayquaza @ Focus Sash
Ability: Air Lock
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Dragon Claw
- ExtremeSpeed

Groudon @ Lum Berry
Ability: Drought
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Blaziken-Mega @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Low Kick
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- Swords Dance

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Rock Slide
- Megahorn
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Atk / 184 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball

Palkia @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Surf
- Toxic
- Rest
- Fire Blast
Replay
cool-gifs-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2369.gif

You May Now Applaud

Hey Usa, this is a very solid team. I'm not too experienced with Ubers so bear with me. Your team has a little trouble with banded Ho-oh and hazards. To fix these problems, I suggest:

384.png
->
493.png

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Recover

I know this is what you built around, but imo this helps the team out more due to hazard control and a Counter to Ho-Oh and another check to Ekiller.

All in all this is a really good team from my experience. Approved!

May as well show off an NU team I've been working with for a little bit:

sawk.gif
mismagius.gif
tropius.gif
relicanth.gif
wigglytuff.gif
steelix.gif

Sawk @ Choice Band
Mold Breaker
Jolly
4 HP, 252 Att, 252 Speed
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

I initially thought I'd need Electivire to get this particular combination of attacking types, and I think he still could do a little more work with it, but what Sawk has over him is Mold Breaker, allowing his Earthquake to hit things like Mismagius and Weezing that think they could switch in on a Close Combat (as well as letting him hit Lightningrod Seaking with Thunder Punch, though that could probably fall to a CC anyway, or avoid triggering Motor Drive on a predicted Thunder Punch if the opponent switched Electivire or Zenstrika in). He also trades off Speed and a better defensive type for that ability. Not a huge issue, I needed a Fighting type on my team anyway and an Electric would give me a pretty nasty Ground weakness that my other team members would have issues dealing with. Jolly makes his middling Speed stat something I can work with. CC is his STAB and is the move I'll most likely use if he's gonna sweep, while Earthquake, Ice Punch, and Thunder Punch all combine to give him a great selection of super-effective coverage. I could probably trade his Band out for Expert Belt to give him more flexibility, or Scarf to let him more easily revenge-kill things, but he's done reasonably well with Band.

Mismagius @ Life Orb
Levitate
Timid
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Power Gem
- Destiny Bond

Mismagius is one of my favorites thanks to both having great coverage and carrying Power Gem, one of my favorite moves in the game. I think the set is rather self-explanitory; Shadow Ball for STAB, which combines with Dazzling Gleam for near-perfect neutral coverage. The one thing that combination of moves doesn't hit is Pyroar, which Power Gem handles effectively. The fourth slot is open to a lot of options; Energy Ball would give me even more SE coverage, Nasty Plot could be used for set up, Trick could be used to pass a Choice item to something that wouldn't like one very much. For this set, though, I ended up going for Destiny Bond; Since Mismagius has pretty good Speed it can use it to kill off opponents when its health runs low enough from Life Orb damage that it's worth the sacrifice.

Tropius @ Rowap Berry
Harvest
Calm
248 HP, 8 SpAtt, 252 SpDef
- Leech Seed
- Roost
- Giga Drain
- Air Slash

It's a real shame both of NU's Harvesters have meh defensive capabilities, but between the two, Tropius has better overall bulk and fewer weaknesses than Exeggutor, so I went for this one. I like the idea of Rowap Berry being used to punish Special opponents, especially late in the battle when the opponent has less options for switching out. This guy actually does a pretty good job of walling anything that doesn't have Ice or Fire moves, especially Grass types, and Rowap Berry adds just a bit more damage on top of what he's dealing out already. Leech Seed is both residual damage and heals, Giga Drain is STAB damage and heals, Roost is for when he just needs a straight-up heal, and Air Slash is secondary STAB and additional coverage. I'm debating giving him Starf or Sitrus and swapping Air Slash out for Substitute, but Starf won't benefit him much if it doesn't give him a buff to Def or SpDef, and while Sitrus would be really effective, I feel like it'd be a bit boring.

Relicanth @ Assault Vest
Rock Head
Adamant
252 HP, 252 Att, 4 SpDef
- Head Smash
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Bounce

This guy is a powerhouse. His Head Smash deals a huge amount of damage, and his defenses are good enough that he can easily survive pretty much any non-Grass attack. Honestly, I don't think he even needs Aqua Tail or Waterfall, but I may run into a Ground type he may need to handle. *shrug* In any case. Head Smash is the main STAB, with his Rock Head ability nullifying the monstrous recoil he'd surely suffer otherwise, and Aqua Tail acts as a secondary STAB. Earthquake combines with Head Smash for effective neutral coverage, and Bounce is mostly there to help him handle a Grass type that makes the mistake of trying to set up on him late game (though Zen Headbutt would probably be a stronger option). Assault Vest is great, as it's helped beef up his meh SpDef enough that he can survive some neutral Special attacks and strike back.

Wigglytuff @ Leftovers
Competitive
Modest
252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpAtt
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice
- Dazzling Gleam

I love using unconventional Wishers on my teams, and while I have a strong preference for Alomomola, it's not exactly an option in the NU tier, and while Audino is a great option, I just don't really like it much, so Wigglytuff it is. While I'd have loved to give it some decent defenses, I decided that its offense was more where I wanted to go with, so I opted for Modest nature and SpAtt EVs. Wish takes advantage of its high HP, since most of my team gets well over 50% health back from it, while Heal Bell is to heal status since Sawk and Relicanth are both crippled by Burn, and Tropius isn't a fan of Toxic. Hyper Voice and Dazzling Gleam are its STAB attacks, though I could probably swap one or the other out for Thunderbolt since it's most likely to switch in on a Flying type or Lumineon trying to Defog.

Steelix @ Life Orb
Sheer Force
Brave
252 HP, 252 Att, 4 SpDef
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Rock Slide

I'll admit his set isn't the best, mostly because I threw him in at the last minute. Originally I had Eviolite Gothorita, until I realized that Shadow Tag is banned from UU down; Competitive is nice but already Wigglytuff's niche, and Frisk just doesn't cut the mustard for me. I struggled with picking out his Steel-type STAB, since everything has drawbacks; Heavy Slam is usually the most powerful move but leaves him taking Life Orb damage and isn't as effective against heavy foes, Iron Tail has crappy accuracy, and Iron Head is pretty meh as far as power even with Sheer Force boost. Stealth Rock isn't a major component of his set, but it works very well with Wigglytuff's Competitive ability, and I figured since two other team members carry Earthquake, it'd be silly if everyone with a Physical movepool had it. Crunch and Rock Slide offer effective coverage options that get boosted by Sheer Force. He's great for absorbing status, too, since he's immune to Toxic and Thunder Wave and can't be touched by Toxic Spikes, and is a good counter to NU's Fairies.

Before I get on with these, I should note that I kinda made a mistake and forgot to give my Steelix any EVs, since he was Gothorita's last-minute replacement, and I didn't realize it until I was going through the movesets to type in here. So it's not performing to its full potential by a long shot. I also didn't change its nicknames (it became my team's Fester, while Wigglytuff got turned into a female and renamed Wednesday :p), but that's hardly a gameplay issue. :p Anyway, on to the battles.

----------

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nubeta-142741937 - This battle was a pretty close one, showcasing the strength of the majority of my pokemon. Sadly it began with some failhax, as my Relicanth missed his Head Smash against my foe's Altaria and was promptly eaten alive by a Power Herb boosted Solar Beam (which I honestly was not aware was a thing on Altaria). Besides that, though, and not predicting my opponent using Earth Power with his Stunfisk, I feel I did a great job of predicting his moves. He may well have been able to finish me with Mantine if it had Air Slash, but I would guess by his forfeiting that it in fact didn't. That, and even if it did, Sawk would likely have cleaned up with Thunder Punch.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nubeta-142724428 - I lost this one, but it was still a nice fight, albeit short, that displays how well Relicanth can do. It took out the two things I feared most on his team - Omastar and Mismagius - fairly quickly, and the rest of his team quickly followed suit. At the end of the day, though, I underestimated his Primeape; being left with three pokemon, two of which were weak to Fighting, allowed him to roll the remainder of my team with it. This is an instance where forgetting to invest those EVs really hurt me badly; Steelix would have had a good shot of surviving CC by a slim margin (assuming he was standard Scarfape, he'd only have about a 1/3 shot of finishing Steelix off based on my calcs) and countering him with Heavy Slam. However, because I forgot the EVs, I had no chance of winning by that point. Even with that loss, I feel I played this match fairly well.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nubeta-142733839 - I loved this match; it really came down to the wire here, and I love when a battle goes like that. Early on in the match, after some pretty rapid switching, he eventually got a Choice Scarf on my Wigglytuff, which in most cases would have been deadly for it, but because it's slightly more offensive a set than is typical, it wasn't all that big a problem, and that actually comes into play at the end of the battle. When I saw his Altaria jump in and Substitute, I was really expecting him to DD, but thankfully at that point he just Roosted up, allowing me to see if my Steelix could break its Sub with Rock Slide (which it could). The set would later prove to be DD after all, which would again factor into my win. It took a whole 19 turns until someone finally lost a pokemon (my Relicanth to his Magmortar, which survived Steelix's Rock Slide, and probably wouldn't have had I not forgotten to invest EVs XD). By turn 54, I was down to Wigglytuff, convinced that I'd lost the match, but it turns out thanks to his trading me that Choice Scarf, I was able to outspeed the remaining members of his team and wipe them with Dazzling Gleam. All in all it was an amazing fight.

Code:
Lurch (Sawk) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Morticia (Mismagius) (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Power Gem
- Destiny Bond

Gomez (Tropius) (M) @ Rowap Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Roost
- Giga Drain
- Air Slash

Pugsly (Relicanth) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Bounce

Wednesday (Wigglytuff) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Wish
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

Fester (Steelix) (M) @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Rock Slide

I have limited knowledge when it comes to NU, so bear with me. I did ladder with this team a bit, as I don't know anyone who plays RU. I learned that the team was quite weak to things like Slurpuff, any Fighting type with coverage, Sandslash, Barbaracle, Omastar, Archeops, Regircok, and Jynx. You don't have a reliable answer to any of these things.

I wold make some suggestions, but I really have little experience in NU and wouldn't know what to do without replacing a lot of things. If you feel you're capable of beating the threats I listed, please PM me and explain why. But for now, I'm denying the team.

Thank you to everyone who submitted a team, please do not be afraid of submitting a team. I appreciate it. Feel free to continue submitting teams!

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
130.gif
681.gif
646-black.gif
145.gif
639.gif
715.gif

Gyarados (M) @ Gyaradosite
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance

Kyurem-B @ Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 72 HP / 216 SAtk / 220 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Substitute
- Ice Beam

Aegislash (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Atk / 144 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Iron Head
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 68 SAtk / 100 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Noivern (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Switcheroo
- Flamethrower

Just put this team in RMT for show purposes but figured it could go here as well. Heavily Offensive beatstick team meant to pound the opponent into submission. This is done using two Mold breakers, an infiltrator, mixed attacking and a lot of power combined with defensive synergy to create opportunity. Aegislash/Kyurem/Gyarados make up the core. Gyarados works as a setup sweeper and wall breaker. Also eats sucker punches and can utilize intimidate to create opportunities. Aegislash and Kyurem counter Gyarados's weaknesses and can set up subs/mixed attack. Aegislash beats mach punchers like breloom Kyu handles bulky waters. Terrakion sets hazards and taunts for stall/BP. Also gives rock stab for genies fighting for blobs/bisharp/Tyranitar Zapdos counters talonflame and has defog support plus beats steels like scizor with heat wave. Noivern can clear subs, revenge kill, and clean up late game with its high speed as well as kill stall with switcheroo.

Onyx Tanuki

I have limited knowledge when it comes to NU, so bear with me. I did ladder with this team a bit, as I don't know anyone who plays RU. I learned that the team was quite weak to things like Slurpuff, any Fighting type with coverage, Sandslash, Barbaracle, Omastar, Archeops, Regircok, and Jynx. You don't have a reliable answer to any of these things.

I wold make some suggestions, but I really have little experience in NU and wouldn't know what to do without replacing a lot of things. If you feel you're capable of beating the threats I listed, please PM me and explain why. But for now, I'm denying the team.

Thanks for the consideration and advice dude. I'm thinking if I switched up Mismagius a little bit - give it Energy Ball over Destiny Bond and maybe hand it a Choice Scarf in place of its Life Orb - it could be a reliable counter to a number of the things you mentioned. Steelix is already good against Archeops, but does have an issue if said Archeops carries Heat Wave, and I'm thinking if Mismagius can be made to outspeed it, it could hit with a quick Power Gem that, if it doesn't outright knock it out of the sky, will put enough of a dent in it to activate Defeatist and cut the damage it does significantly. Relicanth can be a fair counter too, but I'd need to go fully defensive on it, which means a fair bit of loss of power in Head Smash. Even without Scarf, four of the threats you mentioned specifically can be OHKOed by a Life Orb Mismagius Energy Ball. Haunter actually has some potential as a replacement for Mismagius, even though it lacks Power Gem and Energy Ball, due to its typing giving it resistance to Grass and Fairy at the cost of a Psychic weakness; its offensive stats are very similar, with 10 more SpAtt and 10 less Speed. However, due to all of its defensive stats being significantly lower, that resistance probably wouldn't matter much, even with Eviolite. :p I could also go with Kadabra, which has on-par Speed and better SpAtt, but I'll lose three important immunities that way (Normal, Fighting, and Ground), none of which its measly defenses can handle even a resisted hit from.

Fighting types aren't really as much of an issue, simply due to how sparse they are in NU. I do agree that things like Eviolite Gurder and Scarf Primeape are problematic though, so I may need to swap Tropius - which I'll admit is a little more there for the Rowap Berry gimmick - for something both physically beefy and resistant to Fighting. Probably a defensive Flying or Levitating Poison type would be best, but I don't think I can afford a Psychic type since they have such similar weaknesses to Ghost. Vullaby, Weezing, or Rotom-Fan might be good bets. Or if I want to try and outpace a Fighting type threat, Fletchinder or Scyther could be possible options (I could have sworn Scyther was UU, but I've seen it used in NU so *shrug*).

If I'm not gonna worry about Dark types, though, I could potentially try out a Thick Fat Grumpig as a potential Jynx counter? I'd need to fodder something to Lovely Kiss, but that could be Heal Belled off by Wigglytuff after, and Grumpig has access to Power Gem to smash Jynx's face in.

I dunno, I'm just rambling at this point I guess. Anyway, hopefully the next team I enter will make it in~

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer
Here's a team that I made some time ago and will probably be retiring.

tyranitar-mega.gif
/
keldeo.gif
latios.gif
/
landorus-therian.gif
/
heatran.gif
/
shaymin.gif

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
EVs: 112 HP / 144 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 30 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 172 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 180 SpD / 80 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 80 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Rest

This is bulky offensive team based on a Dragon Dance Mega-Tyranitar sweep with Specs Keldeo. The team mainly relies on the synergy between its six Pokemon to win match-ups, while maintaining decent offensive pressure. Tyranitar EVs lets it live an Earthquake from LO Jolly Excadrill in the sand (at full health) and KO back with its own Earthquake. A Jolly Nature allows Tyranitar to outspeed base 130s after a boost, while the rest of the EVs are dumped in attack for maximum power.

Keldeo, Heatran and Shaymin form the backbone of the team, making a Fire-Water-Grass core. Specs Keldeo complements Tyranitar by luring in many Pokemon that Tyranitar can set-up on, mainly Latias and Latios. Heatran sets up Stealth Rocks and spread status with Toxic. Shaymin checks many ground-types and hits back hard with LO boosted Seed Flares. Rest+Natural Cure also allows Shaymin to stay healthy increasing its longevity.

Latios helps the team by check fighting-types with Psyshock, as well as firing off insanely powerful Draco Meteors. Thunderbolt allows Latios to KO Skamory, elimination on of Mega-Tyranitar's checks.

Finally, Landorus-T acts as the team's Scarfer, checking Pokemon such as Greninja, Thunderus, and opposing set-up sweepers. U-turn allows Lando-T to maintain momentum, and is usually spammed early on during a match.

Defog can be run over Roost or Thunderbolt on Latios. However, with the banning of Deoxys-D and Deoxys-S, spike-stacking teams are much more uncommon so I often find I don't need to be using Defog.

As this team is pretty weak to Greninja, AV Shaymin can be used over LO, switching Rest to Air Slash. Shaymin loses a lot of power though, and the ability to heal-up midway throughout the match.

Apollo77

John Doe
DK wants my big LC team :$

The cutest team in this showcase

staryu.gif
tirtouga.gif
ferroseed.gif
timburr.gif
spritzee.gif
larvesta.gif

Staryu @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Level: 5
EVs: 196 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Tirtouga @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 236 Atk / 92 Def / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Bullet Seed

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 76 Def / 156 SpD
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Larvesta @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 156 Def / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Morning Sun

So this is a fairly balanced LC team that I think would work well for anyone new to the meta. It's a bit old so it doesn't contain some of the current LC heavy hitters like Misdreavus and Pawniard, but it's still more than functional. The main win condition here is to remove Tirtouga's counters so it can set up with Shell Smash and sweep. With Sturdy + Berry Juice, Tirtouga essentially has 3 extra lives, so it's important that this is preserved. Staryu as a spinner helps to do this, keeping away the entry hazards that break SturdyJuice. Staryu also hits the coveted 19 Speed, which is the highest unboosted stat in LC save for a few rarely used mons. Staryu hits exceptionally hard with a Life Orb and threatens many mons, and can even sweep itself. The rest of the team forms a defensive core, with 2 walls and 2 bulky attackers. Ferroseed is an amazing wall in LC thanks to its typing and stats, and it walls many things, especially dangerous sweeping water types like Shellder, Carvanha, and opposing Tirtouga. It also sets up Stealth Rock for the team and can sorta heal other members with Leech Seed. Spritzee is the team's cleric and compliments Ferroseed wonderfully, soaking up fighting attacks that threaten it. Spritzee is your typical cleric, keeping the team in good health and status free, and can do quite a bit with Moonblast. Timburr hits very hard and can actually survive a lot of attacks with its Eviolite. It carries the essential Knock Off to remove opposing Eviolites and Berry Juices, as well as Mach Punch for priority in emergencies. Timburr is pretty much the go to solution for Pawniard, can even become a status sponge if burned by a Misdreavus/Ponyta/Larvesta, and also makes a great lead, beating both hazard setters like Onix and Dwebble and opposing lead mons like Misdreavus and Mienfoo. Larvesta rounds out the team with very high attacking power and coverage, doing a number on defensive threats such as Foongus and Lileep. It also has Morning Sun, increasing its longevity. Larvesta works as a great fighting type check since Mienfoo rarely packs Stone Edge anymore and opposing mons often get burned, crippling them. This defensive core is rather hard to break, and can help remove the things that hurt Tirtouga the most.

The Cute Replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lcsuspecttest-144760781
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lcsuspecttest-144763030
Ironically neither of these first two use Tirtouga at all, but demonstrate the strength of the rest of the team.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lcsuspecttest-144764824

Onyx Tanuki

Time to throw a new NU team in the ring for consideration!

wailord.gif
scyther.gif
piloswine-f.gif
mr._mime.gif
tauros.gif
dragalge.gif

Wailord @ Leftovers
Oblivious
Bold
248 HP, 252 Def, 8 SpAtt
- Scald
- Clear Smog
- Substitute
- Aqua Ring

My team's main physical wall, Wailord here takes hits pretty damned good for something with only 45 base Def, mostly thanks to the fact that he has the most HP out of everything in the NU tier. His Substitutes are absolutely massive as a result of having a whopping 543 HP to work with. Once his Substitute is up, he can put up an Aqua Ring to bolster his recovery. Scald is his choice for STAB, allowing him to potentially Burn foes, and Clear Smog keeps pretty much anything not named Klang or Klinklang from setting up. Def maxed out, HP as high as it'll go without hitting an even number so he can get an extra Sub, and the rest in SpAtt.

Scyther @ Choice Scarf
Technician
Jolly
252 Att, 4 SpDef, 252 Speed
- Bug Bite
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- U-Turn

Seriously, Smogon, I have no idea what you're smoking to think Scyther here belongs in NU, but I'm gonna enjoy the ride until you realize your mistake. I could technically go defensive with this guy, since he's got pretty surprising bulk and could hold Eviolite, but his typing really doesn't lend well to that, sadly. (On a side note, this guy holding Eviolite is almost better than Vespiquen, only lacking in the ability to hold Leftovers. Seriously, it's too good for NU). With Technician, its Bug Bite and Aerial Ace are boosted up to 90 power moves, and Knock Off up to 82 when the opponent doesn't have an item on hand. Choice Scarf makes him an incredible revenge killer and scout, able to outspeed pretty much anything that isn't sporting priority and swap out with U-Turn into something better able to take a hit. Once any priority users and physically defensive pokemon are out, he can jump in and sweep, as well. EVs are pretty standard, with the spare 4 in SpDef to keep his HP odd so he can survive two switches into Stealth Rocks.

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Thick Fat
Brave
252 HP, 252 Att, 4 SpDef
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Avalanche
- Ice Shard

At the cost of some Speed and Attack and Lefties recovery, Piloswine actually manages to have better bulk than its evolution, making it a beefy offensive powerhouse. Stealth Rocks helps pile on residual damage while Piloswine pours down the direct damage with Earthquake and Avalanche. Ice Shard helps make up for its low Speed and gives it the chance at on last shot of damage before it inevitably dies off. Its HP is maxed out, as is its Attack, giving it a decent mix of bulk and offense, and its Thick Fat ability essentially takes away its Fire weakness and makes it easier to switch in on another Ice type.

Mr. Mime @ Choice Specs
Technician
Timid
- Psyshock
- Shock Wave
- Icy Wind
- Trick

Yeah, another Technician user, IDGAF. This one uses Specs to pile on as much power as possible, because he's gonna need it once he locks himself into a move. Psyshock is STAB and helps him deal with special walls while he gets the Boltbeam combo via Shock Wave and Icy Wind, which each get boosted by Technician. Trick is there to debilitate any pokemon foolish enough to spam a setup move or anything that tries to hit him with a Dragon or Fighting attack. EVs, again, are about as simple as it gets.

Tauros @ Life Orb
Sheer Force
Jolly
4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
- Rock Climb
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Honestly. So many powerful pokemon in NU, and I have no idea why. This guy, as you might have noticed, takes full advantage of the Sheer Life Orb combo which allows him to get what I believe is a 69% boost to each move's power; Rock Climb gets boosted to 152 before STAB, while Rock Slide and Iron Head go up to 126 and 135, respectively. Pursuit is the only thing that isn't buffed by Sheer Force (and, by consequence, the only thing he takes Life Orb damage from), but this is made up for by hitting things hard that are scared off by the idea of taking one of those powerful hits Tauros is capable of dishing out. As for the EVs... you're not really gonna make me explain them are you?

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Poison Point
Mild
252 HP, 4 Att, 252 SpAtt
- Toxic Spikes
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Dragon Tail

I was actually originally going to give him Poison Touch for poison hax on Dragon Tail, but I've found that Poison Point works a little bit better for him, so we're going with that. This guy is a great special wall thanks to his typing, and can run the toxishuffle and special offense game pretty well. I resisted putting Venoshock here, instead going with Surf as additional coverage. His toxishuffle game is a lot stronger once I've gotten rid of any Poison types that might eat the spikes up, of course. His nature and EVs make it so he doesn't lose any Attack or Speed, the latter of which he's already pretty short on.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nubeta-144807581 - I actually lost this one by a hair, but I figured I did well enough that it'd be worth showing this off regardless. I think Dragalge was the star of the show early on, thanks to early application of a layer of Toxic Spikes and Dragon Tail Poisoning half his team and smacking his Clamperl away before it could take advantage of Shell Smash. Unfortunately, at turn 11 it got taken down by his Lickylicky's EQ (something I'd completely forgotten Lickylicky could get). It's a shame I didn't get to put up two layers of T-Spikes or my Stealth Rocks, because regular Poison wasn't quite enough to keep his Lickylicky down, and frankly it and my Wailord could have been sitting in front of one another all day long if they wanted. Eventually he went on the offensive with it though, and while it cost me my Wailord, I was finally able to finish it off with Tauros's Pursuit. He ran into some bad luck when my Scyther came in, both losing a turn to Recycle and missing the subsequent Toxic. With Trick Room still in effect though, it was enough for him to narrowly win with his Clamperl. Battle was close, and if I'm gonna lose, I'd rather it come like that. Dude was a worthy opponent and deserved that win.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nubeta-144823150 - I'm gonna have to give Wailord the MVP award for this one. I fell behind fairly early on, losing my Piloswine and Dragalge within a few turns, but doing so got me both layers of T-Spikes down as well as costing him his Probopass, and because Weezing has Levitate, I was in no danger of losing them aside from the unlikely chance of him having Defog on his Swellow. I lost Tauros fairly early too, but his sacrifice was worth it, because he was able to avenge Dragalge with Pursuit and rip a huge chunk out of Weezing's life, even after getting Burned. It was around turn 14 that Wailord earned its award by taking away his Gorebyss's Shell Smash buff with a CLear Sog, and from there I was able to take it out with Mr. Mime's Shock Wave; otherwise, Gorebyss likely would have swept my team. From there, Scyther was able to clean up with Aerial Ace.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nubeta-144824592 - Early on in the match Wailord showed again how amazing it can be, taking on the opponent's Kangaskhan like an absolute boss. I was really fishing for a Burn on it, but it wasn't to be. When he brought Sceptile in, Scyther got to show off it's surprising bulk, absolutely devouring an Energy Ball to the head, and I even got to maintain control of the match thanks to U-Turn, going right back into Wailord when he thought his Kansaskhan was safe from it. Dragalge got to show off its bulk against Sceptile too, and against a Leaf Storm too, leaving the poor thing too debilitated to even dare Dragon Pulse me. I almost felt bad for him near the end of the battle, but I can't say I've ever been this proud of my performance in a battle.

Something I noticed while testing this team out was that I lacked a good way to handle Water/Ground types; there were a few instances where a Seismitoad rocked my team and it took several of my pokemon to take it out, putting me at a pretty severe disadvantage. While I have some weakness to hazards as well, I think the lack of a Grass move is my team's biggest downfall. Another thing I saw after looking over my team was that Tauros's Rock Climb, after factoring in STAB, actually would outdamage Rock Slide on a Rock type pokemon, and both of its coverage moves on a Steel type. So here's what I think I could do to improve my team's sets:

Mr. Mime
Shock Wave > Magical Leaf - Making this change would give me a Grass move to work with. It's not much, but if my opponent knows I'm carrying Magical Leaf, it could make him think twice about sending in his Seismitoad or Whiscash on Mr. Mime.
Icy Wind > Hidden Power [Rock/Fire] - Although Icy Wind is useful in taking on opposing Grass types, that's what I have Piloswine and Scyther for. Mr. Mime won't lose his super-effective coverage on Flying type with HP Rock and it'll grant him the best possible overall SE coverage with the combination of Psychic and Grass type attacks. Fire may be a better option, though, as that'll prevent me from being walled against Steel types, and will trade my SE coverage against Flying types for coverage on Grass types instead. Either option could prove viable.

Tauros
Iron Head > Earthquake/Bulldoze/Zen Headbutt - Iron Head really isn't doing Tauros any favors. There's not many Steel types that are neutral to Steel and would making Iron Head a better option versus Rock Climb against them. Heck, the only Steels that have such a typing are Steel/Fairy (both of which are locked in higher tiers) and Steel/Rock, and Steel/Rock would be hit much harder by a Ground move, since at present there's no Steel/Ice types. Earthquake would be the more powerful option, but Bulldoze doesn't come with Life Orb recoil attached thanks to the Sheer Force/Life Orb combo. Zen Headbutt is a strong option as well, allowing Tauros to more easily take out Poison types that would otherwise eat Dragalge's T-Spikes and Fighting types that could otherwise tank his attacks and counter with a Fighting move, but that means giving up real coverage for implied coverage.

Dragalge
Surf > Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt - I'm thinking that any of those would actually be an improvement as far as coverage, although this is the least important change I'd want to make. The only things Dragon Pulse can't really hit hard are Steel and Fairy types, and honestly, there aren't a heck of a lot of those in NU to worry about anyway. Sludge Bomb would let Dragalge hit Fairies much more reliably, but would leave him walled by Steels; Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt both work well to cover Steel threats thanks to the Steel resistance nerf without losing coverage against Fairies, but both are on par with Surf in terms of power. It really is a crap shoot to find what would be best for Dragalge to use of the three.

Without changes:
Code:
Scyther @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Bug Bite
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Avalanche
- Ice Shard

Mr. Mime @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Shock Wave
- Icy Wind
- Trick

Tauros @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rock Climb
- Rock Slide
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Dragon Tail

Wailord @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Aqua Ring
- Scald
- Clear Smog

With changes as proposed above:
Code:
Scyther @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Bug Bite
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Avalanche
- Ice Shard

Mr. Mime @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Magical Leaf
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Trick

Tauros @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rock Climb
- Rock Slide
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Dragon Pulse
- Shadow Ball
- Dragon Tail

Wailord @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Aqua Ring
- Scald
- Clear Smog

Last edited:
I was thinking of holding this off a bit longer so I could use this team in a few tours, but it already did its primary job by getting me through to the Semis of the Gauntlet.

greninja.gif
mawile-mega.gif
dragonite.gif
azumarill.gif
terrakion.gif
latias.gif

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Extrasensory
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Dragonite @ Choice Band
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

I made this team for the Gauntlet III on Smogon, and more specifically, the Quarter Finals. I based this team off of the Greninja - Mawile - Dragonite core, as these three work very well together. They can come in on each others checks and force others out with their great offensive synergy. With this in mind, I had to support these three, although with a twist.

I got lucky with this team, because in previous rounds, once you lost a Pokemon you arent able to use it again for the remainder of the tournament. I had lost a few heavy hitters, but I still had quite a few options under my belt. To support the core I was using, my first choice was Latias. Latias brings the team key Defog support, which allows DNite to come in multiple times throughout the match on double switches and keep Multiscale intact, which acts as a great buffer against SE hits. Along with this, Latias has access to Healing Wish, which allows her to sacrifice herself to fully heal a teammate, which can effectively give them a second life. With Hazard control covered, I needed some of my own. After a lot of testing, I decoded to go with Sashed Terrakion over Mamoswine. The reason I chose Terrakion is because fighting type coverage was needed on this team to get past Chansey, as she otherwise could wall a good portion of this team. Terrakion gets almost perfect neutral coverage with his other STAB, rock, which leaves the last moveslot open. I chose Earthquake, as it allows im to hit Aegislash, who otherwise completely walls him. Taunt was an option against other leads, but I felt that Aegislash was more important to hit. Finally, I needed the glue of the team to act as a pivot of sorts. Seeing as my current team was quite Mamoswine weak, AV Azumarill was chosen. She checks Mamo quite well while also checking Keldeo, non HP Grass Greninja, and Dragon types while still maintaining high offensive presence. She is also the third priority user of the team, and is able to RK Sand Rush Excadrill with Aqua Jet, who can muscle his way through my team if Mawile goes down. Speaking of priority, Talonflame can be a bit of a problem if hes given a free switch, but he can be killed by DNites Extreme Speed if hes taken enough prior damage.

So yeah, thats basically it. This team carried me through the quarters and worked quite well on the ladder.

Replays:
The Gauntlet Match itself
Suspect Ladder Battle

Last edited:

Usatoday

Eternal God
MOAR UBERS CAUSE ITS UBER COOL HA IM SO FUNNY not really

115-mega.gif
382.gif
707.gif
645-therian.gif
484.gif
716.gif

This team is an alternative to the HO or general offence that plagues the Ubers ladder. Geomancy Xerneas, Mega Gengar, and LO Ho-oh are monstrosities that every player has to look out for. Therefore, defensively oriented teams are hard to build and use. This team showcases the solid core of Lando-T/Palkia/Klefki, a core usually used in standard HO. However, I decided to implement it into a different team that I made. Lando -T provides rocks that are ever-so-crucial to every team in order to cripple Ho-oh and Lugia, AV Palkia is for hard countering Kyogre, and Klefki is a solid Xerneas check and provides utility with dual status, as well as Spikes. Originally, I had Aromatherapy + Rest Xerneas to just generally soak damage and heal status, but I realised that it kind of proved redundant as I also had CM Rest Ogre, which already in itself was a solid status absorber. Therefore, I changed the Xerneas set into the famed Polopxern (a type of Xerneas that was able to tank physical hits while setting up Calm Minds) which was deadly in combination with Kyogre. Mega Kangaskhan is there to add some offensive presence to this team and absolutely destroy Deoxys-Attack leads, which prove very damn annoying. It also removes nasty sashes so that's cool as well.

At first glance, my team may seem kind of weak to any form of Ho-oh, but Lando-T + Physically defensive CM Ogre can soak up a ton of damage and completely OHKO in return. Another weakness to this may also be Ekiller, but residual damage from hazards + status from klefki + attacks from ogre and Lando-T completely wear it down.

Now, I don't really have SUPER good replays of my team in action, but I guess this is a decent one: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-142799183
It features the sheer defensive backbone of the team and starred CM Ogre, being able to tank a few hits and hit back hard. It also shows how well the team can perform even w/o hazards, which was pretty unexpected to me as well. Now, this was before I changed surf to scald (i forgot to do that from the beginning LOL) and Xerneas wasn't Polopxern yet. But trust me, my team improved from these changes, so it's even better now than it was in the replay.

Walmart (Kangaskhan) (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

LOL (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Doge (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 160 HP / 12 Atk / 244 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stone Edge

OGRE SMASHER (Palkia) @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast

I am a HAT (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Toxic
- Spikes

gonna geo (Xerneas) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind

I'd actually like to give this team a few suggestions as I feel that is has potential. However it is one of those teams that just seems to sit there and do nothing. The team itself is as you said demolished by ho-oh, it has trouble with certain variants of extreme killer, and is also quite weak to palkia particularly lustrous orb. So to help fix this I would first suggest the use of a more offensive kyogre scarf, would be my suggestion but to each their own so its really your choice. I would also suggest the use of rest palkia over your choice of assault vest, this allows it to use pressure to stall things such as lugia, kyogre, and the occasional chansey. It also will add to your core of palkia, lando-t, klefki. Klefki is fine but it should be carrying enough evs to break the substitute of xerneas 28 attack evs if my memory serves me correctly. Landorus is to fine except the spread is insufficient it should run along the lines of 248 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spd. This allows it to hit 240 speed, enough to outspeed the ho-oh that like to speed creep for defensive groudon that run 32 speed evs. Lastly I feel that the need for Xerneas is actually not too great. Klefki takes the role it currently fills very well. I feel that an arceus form would be quite beneficial for the team. My suggestion would be to run a calm mind Arceus Ghost so that you can check extreme killer a little better and also gain a chance to hit lugia who your team kinda hates. Suggested sets can be found below. Hope this helps justin :].

Palkia @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Surf
- Toxic
- Fire Blast
- Rest

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Focus Blast

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Atk / 228 SpD
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Spikes

megawurmple

OU Balanced

[IMGSIZE=75]http://www.pkparaiso.com/imagenes/xy/sprites/animados/garchomp.gif[/imgsize] [imgsize=75]http://www.pkparaiso.com/imagenes/xy/sprites/animados/rotom-wash.gif[/imgsize] [imgsize=75]http://www.pkparaiso.com/imagenes/xy/sprites/animados/greninja.gif[/imgsize] [imgsize=75]http://www.pkparaiso.com/imagenes/xy/sprites/animados/excadrill.gif[/imgsize] [imgsize=75]http://www.pkparaiso.com/imagenes/xy/sprites/animados/pinsir-mega.gif[/imgsize] [imgsize=75]http://www.pkparaiso.com/imagenes/xy/sprites/animados/skarmory.gif[/imgsize]

MC Hammerhead (Garchomp) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Washington (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute

Humbug (Pinsir) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Skarface (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Kermit (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot

Mr Resetti (Excadrill) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 80 HP / 176 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin​

This is my attempt at a balanced OU team. The tactic, as with most balanced teams, is to set up hazards, eliminate sweep-stoppers, and then sweep. I started this team with a core of Rotom-W and Mega Pinsir. The two work well together, with Rotom-W able to eliminate rock and fire types that would otherwise hinder Pinsir. Rotom is a fantastic support pokemon, with Will-O-Wisp stopping physical attackers in their tracks. Pinsir also packs a stupidly big punch after a Swords Dance or Moxie boost, as shown in the replay provided. I then decided to add a special sweeper to compliment Pinsir's physical power, and Greninja was chosen because of its versatility and its ability to tear through weakened teams like wet paper because of its incredible ability and coverage. I then moved on to finding a hazard setter, and I found that Skarmory did the job quite well, walling all physical attackers and setting up Spikes. The ability to phase with Whirlwind means that he can abuse his own hazards easily. Looking at my team at this point, I realised I needed a spinner, as Rocks could really hurt my team. I picked Assault Vest Excadrill for its surprising special bulk that works well alongside Skarmory and Rotom's physical bulk, as well as the fact that he helps to patch the glaring electric type weakness in my team. Its high attack also means that I can use him offensively to an extent. At this point I felt like I needed to add to my offensive arsenal with another sweeper, and ScarfChomp caught my eye. It also helps to patch up my electric weakness, and his high speed and attack and great coverage allow him to revenge kill and sweep. He also has the capability to break certain walls with Fire Blast.

This is a replay. Note that I have edited my Skarmory set since then, adding Leftovers and replacing Stealth Rocks with Brave Bird to stop him from being Taunt bait. Excadrill also has Iron Head over Poison Jab.

Onyx Tanuki

Sorry, got kinda impatient, so here's another NU team for your consideration. :p

crustle.gif
ludicolo.gif
dragalge.gif
golurk.gif
wigglytuff.gif
rapidash.gif

Crustle @ Leftovers
Sturdy
Impish
248 HP, 8 Att, 252 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Rock Blast

I wanted to build my team around a reliable user of Spikes. It was between Garbodor and Crustle, and I decided on Crustle due to access to Stealth Rocks and because it's got better physical bulk. Sturdy ensures that even if my opponent leads with a really powerful antilead, I can at least get my Rocks up before getting killed. So far I don't believe it's come down to that except for one early match that I did pretty badly in. Anyway, his primary job is to set up hazards, Knock Off anything that might be holding a useful item, or Rock Blast if he has nothing better to do and I can't reliably switch anything in. Leftovers gives the chance of him building back up for a second Sturdy proc. I could go for Rock Slide for more reliable damage, but I'm not gonna use Rock Blast on anything I can't kill in two hits unless I know for certain I'm gonna survive the counterstrike anyway.

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
Own Tempo
Modest
252 HP, 252 SpAtt, 4 Def
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

With Crustle weak to Water, Rock, and Steel, I wanted something that could resist at least some of those, so Ludicolo fits the bill. I went with Assault Vest and made him bulky water offense. Giga Drain is pretty much essential so he can have some recovery, with Scald ruining physical offense if I can get to it before another team member does. Ice Beam and HP Fire act as coverage, though as of yet I haven't needed to use Hidden Power for any reason, so I might change it to something else. Own Tempo is there since, without me using Rain Dance, his other two abilities are pretty useless; at least this way he can avoid Confusion.

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Poison Point
Sassy
252 HP, 4 Att, 252 SpDef
- Toxic Spikes
- Dragon Pulse
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Ball

This guy serves a similar purpose to the one I had in my previous team, except instead of being specially offensive, I geared him more toward a defensive role. Still he has the same moveset; Toxic Spikes to make switching even MORE fun for my opponents, Dragon Pulse for STAB, Shadow Ball to help him hit Steel and Fairy types, Dragon Tail to shuffle things around and ruin setups. He works well to hold off pokemon with Fighting moves, though he's really more for Electric, Water, and Grass moves.

Golurk @ Choice Scarf
Iron Fist
Jolly
252 Att, 4 SpDef, 252 Speed
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Punch

Since I use so many hazards, I figured I'd need some way to keep them in play, and Golurk helps in this regard by blocking Rapid Spin. With a Scarf, Jolly Nature, and max Speed EVs, it can outspeed Jolly/Timid base 106 and under, meaning if it's not faster than a Jolly Liepard, isn't using a Scarf of its own, and doesn't have priority, Golurk will be going first. Earthquake and Shadow Punch are STAB, Drain Punch for healing and coverage, Ice Punch to hit Grass types harder. I might switch it for Thunder Punch to make him a more reliable counter to Spinners, since a lot of them tend to be Water types, but then most of the NU ones are likely holding Eviolite anyway, so it might not OHKO with a Thunder Punch.

Wigglytuff @ Leftovers
Competitive
Bold
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpAtt
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice
- Dazzling Gleam

Another returning pokemon from an old team, only I switched it up to be physically defensive this time around. Where Golurk handles Rapid Spinners, Wigglytuff is there to deter Defoggers. She still functions as the team cleric though, with Wish to heal up and Heal Bell to eliminate status. Hyper Voice and Dazzling Gleam are for STAB offensive options, particularly useful when my opponent is dumb enough to Defog or try and drop a Sticky Web on my side.

Rapidash @ Life Orb
Flash Fire
Adamant
252 Att, 4 Def, 252 Speed
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Drill Run
- Megahorn

I was lacking in speedy offensive pokemon pretty badly (aside from Golurk, who's function is more as a Spinblocker and late-game sweeper), so I brought in Rapidash to act as a suicide lead and wallbreaker. I don't think I have to really explain his moveset too much; Flare Blitz is powerful STAB, the rest are for coverage. I don't bring him in expecting him to live for long; he's just here to wreck as much stuff as he can until he dies, and if he can kill at least two things before he's gone, he's done more than enough to satisfy me.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nubeta-146068509 - I think my biggest issue on this person's team was Noctowl; it carries Defog, which kinda steps on my hazard game, and even with Wigglytuff coming in to get the Competitive boost, Noctowl's got some decent SpDef that makes it hard to take down without a move it's weak to. This is why I carry Rapidash though; where Wigglytuff at +2 failed to do much with Hyper Voice, Rapidash easily OHKOed it with Flare Blitz and still survive. Granted, I could only use it for fodder after that since it was too low to switch in with Rocks on my side of the field but it's no big. He would've killed it with Mach Punch anyway. Using it as fodder also taught me that my opponent's Electabuzz not only was Special, but most likely carried HP Psychic or Ground (and was later in the match proven to be Ground). His Scyther was another problem for my team, even after my Rocks went up; seriously, Smogon, Scyther is at least RU worthy, if not UU. I ended up having to fodder off several teammates to it, but finally managed to survive an Aerial Ace with my Dragalge, allowing me to smack it back with Dragon Tail, and from there the plethora of entry hazards I'd laid up on the field, as well as Dragalge's power as a Specially defensive wall, helped me finish him off.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nubeta-146072876 - This time I lead with Golurk, despite it being a rather meh lead, because I saw how heavy this guy's Fighting weakness was, and sure enough, he lead off with an Onix. His Primeape had me a bit worried, and it proved to be a decent threat as a pivot, but Wigglytuff was able to handle its U-Turns easily. Pyroar was an underestimated threat, most likely a Specs user based on how badly its Fire Blast damaged my Ludicolo, but some lucky hax on my part got it taken down when it missed the second FB and I OHKOed it with Scald. I have to admit I'm not sure what he was thinking with his Frogadier, considering it was carrying both Hydro Pump and Surf, but eh, whatever. From there I feel I made some pretty decent predictions; his Electivire locked itself into Cross Chop against Golurk, and either he wanted to fodder it off or expected me to switch, because I killed it next turn when it used Cross Chop a second time. Not that it would have mattered; if he wasn't Scarfed, I'd have outsped him. Once his Frogadier was down, with him having lost four team members and my entire team still jumping, he pretty much had no options left besides forfeiting, I guess; even if he hadn't, either Golurk would have swept with Drain Punch or Earthquake, or I could have finished his Pawniard with Rapidash's Flare Blitz and Primeape with Wigglytuff's Dazzling Gleam.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nubeta-146074604 - This guy actually ran a somewhat surprising team. I ran Rapidash to start since most of his team would be outsped by it, and I was able to completely wreck his Politoed, then bring Crustle in on Sawk's EQ so it could start hazarding up (since I could already see he lacked a Spinner or Defogger). His Leavanny actually turned out to be a rather interesting variant - a Screenanny, and while he did get his screens up as well as putting a Toxic on my Crustle, it was at the cost of me getting Rocks and two layers of Spikes, and since I was able to Knock Off his Light Clay before he screened up, it shortened the duration of them to long enough for me to do so. I'll admit at turn 12 I was intending to sacrifice my Dragalge in an attempt to stall out his screens, so I totally did not see it surviving Sawk's EQ, but it did, and it earned me a layer of T-Spikes as well as giving me a chance to use Dragalge as fodder later on if necessary. At this point I knew his Leavanny would be dead if it switched in as fodder itself, and opted for one last layer of Spikes on Crustle. Mismagius was another one I didn't expect to survive, but he made the mistake of trying to setup, probably predicting a switch, and lost it to a Knock Off. From there I was able to bring in Wigglytuff to get a Competitive boost from Sticky Web and sweep the floor with Dazzling Gleam.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nubeta-146077107 - LITTLE CUP TEAM!!! Of course, that didn't mean it was only hugs I'd be using to squeeze his guys to bits. I saw a pretty glaring weakness to Fairy considering he had three Fighting types and two Dark types (both of those including a Scraggy), so I lead off with Wigglytuff. He got some pretty lucky hax when I swapped my Golurk in, predicting his Meditite to use HJK, and instead took a critical Psycho Cut to the face and got it OHKOed. Which was a real shame since it would have saved me a HUGE headache much later in the game. I figured he might be running Curselax, and I was mostly right, except instead of Curse he was using Whirlwind. Why I have no idea, I guess to get Ghosts out of the way, whatever. Between Rapidash, Rocks, and a layer of T-Spikes, I was able to cripple a pretty decent chunk of his team. I think his Mienfoo staying in on Wigglytuff was his biggest mistake, as I as not only able to destroy it with Dazzling Gleam, but also got healed for most of the damage it'd taken with a Wish. I do wish I'd gotten a Heal Bell off, but considering he still had Porygon with T-Wave and Munchlax with Body Slam, I figured the Paralysis was gonna be there to stay regardless. I almost had to feel bad when he got Frozen by my Ludicolo's Ice Beam, but the hax gods were feeling especially fair today I guess, since he instantly thawed. Once his Murkrow was done, it was just a war of who would last longer that lasted for the next 30+ turns, and though he took down Wigglytuff, Ludicolo proved to be an effective counter to his Porygon once its Eviolite was knocked off, and Crustle was able to handle Munchlax well even when it still held Eviolite (which he pretty desperately clung to, I might note). I'm guessing once his Porygon was toast and it became a 1 against 3 match, he realized he was gonna run out of PP well before I would, and just headed off for regions unknown.

I'll be honest, I don't think there's any especially glaring weaknesses to my team. Xatu and Kadabra could be issues with my team, since one can bounce my hazards back to me if I'm not careful and the other isn't affected by Stealth Rocks or Spikes. Honestly Psychics in general are a slight problem since I have nothing to resist them. Water is also a slight weakness, particularly physical Water moves since both of the pokemon I have to handle Water are better with Special Defense. Priority is something I'd struggle with I think, since Golurk and Rapidash rely on outspeeding the opposition and either could be killed by a Sucker Punch or Shadow Sneak easily enough. However, none of the above is an issue I can't deal with, just ones that become problems when certain members of my team are lost. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with my team. If anything, I could say the following might be changed:

Crustle
Rock Blast > Rock Slide/Stone Edge - This really isn't a necessary change, but the other moves are still options. Rock Blast has the potential to be stronger than either move, but typically only hits three times, putting it on par with Rock Slide (since Crustle is fairly slow, I don't see it Flinching a lot of pokemon). However, while Rock Blast has a chance to be a 50 BP move, Rock Slide is stable at 75, and Stone Edge sacrifices 10 accuracy to guarantee a 100 BP move with a higher crit chance. I still think Rock Blast is the best option since I can use it to break through Subs, but I could be convinced to use Rock Slide. Maybe not Stone Edge due to its low PP, but hey, still an option.

Ludicolo
Hidden Power [Fire] > Hidden Power [Ground/Fighting] - Honestly any of these three options for Hidden Power work equally. The main point of it is to add to coverage, and all of them will hit a huge population of pokemon for super-effective damage when combined with Ludicolo's Water, Grass, and Ice moves. And I already mentioned that I never really had to use Hidden Power anyway, seeing as I have yet to encounter anything that resists all three moves.

Golurk
Drain Punch > Dynamic Punch, Iron Fist > No Guard - If I do this, I'm gonna be sacrificing some power on Ice Punch and Shadow Punch, but will have a more powerful Fighting move in turn. I'll also be sacrificing the ability to have him dodge some other low-accuracy moves, though.
Shadow Punch > Shadow Sneak, Choice Scarf > Expert Belt - Going with this approach means I'll be carrying some priority, something my team lacks. I could also trick my opponent into thinking I'm Banded. However, I lose the surprise factor of outspeeding an opponent's Mismagius and OHKOing it with Shadow Punch, or switching in on an Electivire or Sawk's Fighting move and knocking it down with an Earthquake when it tries to Ice Punch.

Wigglytuff
Hyper Voice > Thunderbolt - This change actually could be for the better. Since most Defoggers are either Flying or Water types, I could potentially predict one to come in and Thunderbolt it on the turn it Defogs for a potential kill. However, to do so I'll lose some power, since Thunderbolt won't be boosted by STAB. Probably more than worth the sacrifice, though.

Rapidash
Drill Run/Megahorn > Poison Jab - I currently lack an effective means to deal with Fairy types, and Poison Jab could be just the answer to that. I'm gonna be making a sacrifice though; if I trade out Drill Run I lose a fair amount of super-effective coverage, while trading Megahorn out costs me a means of handling Psychics as well as reducing the overall power of that particular moveslot. I'll more than likely stick to Drill Run/Megahorn unless I can be convinced Flare Blitz wouldn't be effective enough to take down a Slurpuff or Granbull.

Code:
Crustle (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Rock Blast

Ludicolo (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Own Tempo