• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii tutor program chat thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mycooly

Banned
Ive only gotten one session with my tutr :p
but its ok! cause that was the only lesson i needed! thanks doc :)

I need some help battling.

PokemonTrainerKaden

^^ The next session starts some time after the 21st of this month.

I was thinking it'd be a good idea to have a place where we could view conversations between tutors and students. Maybe a thread where they can copy + paste their PMs or something. That'd be a good way for other people who aren't students to see what the program is like, and also learn a little bit even without being in the program.

PokemonTrainerKaden

I was thinking it'd be a good idea to have a place where we could view conversations between tutors and students. Maybe a thread where they can copy + paste their PMs or something. That'd be a good way for other people who aren't students to see what the program is like, and also learn a little bit even without being in the program.

Thats actually a good idea.

Cometk

west side
Haven't had a meet-up with my student yet. xack, if you're around this weekend, I'll be on most of the time. Hopefully we can get some progress made!

This sounds legit.

TwinkleSparkleLashes

I really don't mean to come off as punching this topic in the nose but, and this only applies to people wanting to get good at specific tiers, wouldn't it just be better to go on shoddy or pokemon online and contact the top rated players there to see if they have time to play with you and give you some tips? That worked really well for me. Krack on shoddy was teaching me how each pokemon has a learning curve and he was showing me all sorts of cool tricks and tips about metagross leads and stuff, also taught me that when first making a teams and improving that making lots of teams is bad, and that you should just focus on playing better with the team you have right now WITHOUT changing anything about it *unless its a really bad team* then after you've played a lot in that certain tier and really strengthend your playstyle and strategy with that one team you might be smart enough to make a new team thats much better

AB2

cake cake cake cake

To bad every serebii tutoring session takes place in either serebii pm or on the osl xat, both of which its annoying to log longer conversations. Not very many tutees use irc so I don't know how that would work :(!

I really don't mean to come off as punching this topic in the nose but, and this only applies to people wanting to get good at specific tiers, wouldn't it just be better to go on shoddy or pokemon online and contact the top rated players there to see if they have time to play with you and give you some tips? That worked really well for me. Krack on shoddy was teaching me how each pokemon has a learning curve and he was showing me all sorts of cool tricks and tips about metagross leads and stuff, also taught me that when first making a teams and improving that making lots of teams is bad, and that you should just focus on playing better with the team you have right now WITHOUT changing anything about it *unless its a really bad team* then after you've played a lot in that certain tier and really strengthend your playstyle and strategy with that one team you might be smart enough to make a new team thats much better

aka a tutor.

Vandslaux

Could someone tutor me?

PokemonTrainerKaden

They will post a new round soon. You post it there not here.

bob517

Shiny Hunter
Can anybody teach me? Vm if youcan :)

Jew Bagel

Phoenix
I would appreciate if I could just have one lesson with my tutor, but it isn't either of our faults, we are in different timezones, so We haven't even got one session in.

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
My question is: Does this cover in game battling of some kind or just the online shoddy type battles?

It's usually done via Pokémon Online (a Shoddy-esque system), but I suppose some of the tutors do WiFi. PO is a lot easier for this kind of stuff, if you ask me.

Sorry for the random intrusion xD Though I do intend to sign up during the next round. I could really use some touching up xD

PokemonTrainerKaden

Any word on the next round of tutoring? I really need the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.