• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii tutor program chat thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
bay was tellin me it may start after the 27th but idk

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
:O if thts true tht sucks cuz i was really looking forward to better honing my skills :(

Akemi Skye

Jyousei-Shinkou
Well, if it helps any, I'm looking for a spot if they open. I know about the basics and all, but I just seem to get lost trying to apply it all.

Akemi Skye

Jyousei-Shinkou
Regardless, this isn't the signup thread....

I understand it isn't, but the problem aforementioned with them not doing it again maybe is because there were issues with communication with tutors and those being tutored was lacking. If enough people were to say that they'd want to do it and somehow show a level of enthusiasm and dedication to it, they may consider another round of it, thus benefiting us whom have been waiting patiently and would possibly take it seriously (I can only speak for myself).

I'm not trying to hassle anyone to sign up, but merely stating I'm interested. It's sure to get some gears turning in someone's head.

Bla7kCaT

going off what akemi said, I'm extremely interested in this, I'd love to find a tutor, I love thinking of strategies, and movesets based around odd ideas. my knowledge is limited (but quickly expanding). so while official tutors aren't available, if anyone wants to bounce ideas off each other hit me up! (pm and we can exchange information)

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
yea like the ones above me said i would love to get a tutor and would b an active/energetic tutee

SelordDK

There is really no way to know if they will do another round or not. I was really looking to be in the next round but we will have to wait and see if they start the next round.

Akemi Skye

Jyousei-Shinkou
has anyone PMed the one in charge of the tutoring program?

I'm sure someone has and if they wanted to start it up again, whomever is in charge would. They must have a good reason to otherwise to go on hiatus for this long.

I guess we just play the patience game.

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
i been told 2 diffrent story's i got told they was not doing it because members would not pm the tutors when they signed up but last nite i was told because school just started they are delaying it for a few weeks or so

Akemi Skye

Jyousei-Shinkou
i been told 2 diffrent story's i got told they was not doing it because members would not pm the tutors when they signed up but last nite i was told because school just started they are delaying it for a few weeks or so

Alright, thanks for the information. Hopefully something happens soon.

I guess I kinda jumped to a conclusion there. Meh.

Mendonky

Old School Trainer
Im a uni Student. patience is not one of my strong suits. It should just be better regulated to trim the non communicating "fat" (metaphorically speaking, of course)

Akemi Skye

Jyousei-Shinkou
Im a uni Student. patience is not one of my strong suits. It should just be better regulated to trim the non communicating "fat" (metaphorically speaking, of course)

And how would you recommend they do this? Better post any suggestions here to hopefully help better Serebii.net than not doing anything at all and just sitting here waiting for the program to start up again.

Last edited:

Big Beluga

u r a fatty
ok guys, im really sorry for how long it took for an update, ive just been kinda busy with getting back to school and what not. the competitive mod section has agreed that the tutor program will be hence forth discontinued. this is due to numerous issues, namely many tutee's not getting good use out of the system and our time, or the tutors not having the time of their own to properly tutor efficiently. sorry to all that didnt get a chance to get tutored, i really would like to continue the program, but we currently don't have the circumstances to keep it running.

Status
Not open for further replies.