• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Yuletide: Fan Fics Hub (Info and Discussion)

GingerDixie

Hopes and Dreams
Sent my form too! This will be my first year doing this, and it sounds like a lot of fun!

Psychic

Really and truly
Since we're all doing it, I have finally sent in my own form! I'm pretty stoked!

~Psychic

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
I didn't realize the deadline to enter was so close, so I just sent in my own form! So excited :D

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Finally sent in mine as well, and just as a confirmation, we have received all of the entries mentioned above. Thanks, guys! :D

For the rest of you, y'all still have a couple of days to enter, but remember that assignments will be handed out the first week of October. Get yer entries in!

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
And received, Dramatic Melody! :D

Reminder to the rest of y'all! Your applications should be in on October 1, so be sure to hit send sometime tonight or tomorrow if you haven't already! Assignments will start heading out on October 2, so keep an eye out~!

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del
I just sent mine in. Worried it's a little close to the deadline however! I hope it arrives okay. I copy-pasted the HTML into an email and it did strange things... hopefully it arrives in one piece!

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del
Sorry JX Valentine. That's just me being rather silly and not filling it out. I've sent it now lol. Thank you =D

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Update:
Assignments should be going out now! :D Please check your PM inboxes within the next couple of days; if you don't see anything, let us know! If you've got it, then good luck! Remember, you've got aaaaalllll the way until December 23 (as in, up to 11:59 on the 23rd, your own local time) to get your fics in, and there'll be check-ins periodically to make sure things are going smoothly for you. So no pressure! You can do this, guys!

Psychic

Really and truly
Awesome! I got my assignment and I am pretty stoked! I think you guys chose well for my assignment, and while it's going to be a bit of a challenge, I'm excited about the characters I'll be writing about!

Happy writing, all!
~Psychic

AmericanPi

Write on
When I got my prompt, my first thought was, "This is going to be tricky." The ships the recipient asked for were either ships I didn't ship, or ships that I weren't familiar with. But after doing a bit of research I'm confident that I can make this work. I'm really looking forward to the challenge! :D

AmericanPi

Write on
Quick question - I was going through the 2014 Yuletide's thread when I noticed that all the stories had summaries when they were posted. Are we supposed to write them ourselves, or do the event organizers write them for us?

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Quick question - I was going through the 2014 Yuletide's thread when I noticed that all the stories had summaries when they were posted. Are we supposed to write them ourselves, or do the event organizers write them for us?

Yes, please write them yourselves. D: It's easier for pretty much all parties and ensures we don't miss the point of your fic.

Thanks!

Edit: To clarify for all participants: There are instructions included in your assignment PM that specify how to submit your story. Please be sure to read them carefully to make sure everything goes smoothly for you! Thank you!

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Midpoint Check-In

(So apparently, "every two weeks" actually means "now and somewhere else down the line"—sorry!)

Congratulations, writers! You've made it to the halfway point between the beginning of your writing period and the very end. How are you doing? Still on task? Struggling? Thinking about that list of pinch-hitters on the side? Chime in and let us know!

For those interested, we currently have one person awesome enough to submit their work early, but don't feel panicked just yet if you're nowhere near completing your work. You've still got a little over a month to go, but still, let us know about any concern you might have!

Keep it up, writers! You're doing great! :D

Firebrand

Indomitable
Unfortunately between midterms and thesis work, I haven't had time to start, however the midsemester rush should be letting up by the middle of the week. I've plotted the whole thing out and have my notes, just have to put words to paper.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I got stuck on the one prompt I chose over the other thinking I'd come up with something simple, and then ended up going nowhere after a couple of pages. I'm going to try the other prompt and see how that one goes, but I'm starting to get doubts and I'm feeling regretful about it. And it's not because I'm not used to those kinds of stories, I'm thinking it's because I feel obligated to give it a happy ending and yet I'm not sure how to get to that happy ending without making it bittersweet or ambiguous (or even Disney-clichéd). It's a stupid roadblock, but I'm still going to try and see if that other prompt goes any better, probably because at least the characters were given for it.

Psychic

Really and truly
I literally chose my prompt, began plotting it in my head and started writing last night! I'm certainly not as far as I was hoping I'd be by this point, but I'm starting to get a decent idea of how I want the fic to go, so I'm definitely in a better position now than I was a few days ago. I think I may also end up using an idea I've had floating around in my head since the original RSE, so that's pretty cool. :D

~Psychic