• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii Yuletide: Fan Fics Hub (Info and Discussion)

AmericanPi

Write on
I've got two assignments - my original one and my pinch-hit one. My original assignment is completely done - I got it done early in anticipation for NaNoWriMo. Unfortunately, thanks to NaNoWriMo, I'm putting my pinch-hit assignment on hold so I can focus all my energy on making that 50,000 word count. But I think I can definitely get my pinch-hit gift done by December 15. I've already written a few pages of it, and from experience I can easily grind out a one-shot in a week, so I'm good. :)

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I'm thinking it's because I feel obligated to give it a happy ending and yet I'm not sure how to get to that happy ending without making it bittersweet or ambiguous (or even Disney-clichéd).

ARE YOU ME?

Anyways, I only JUST started yesterday, but I managed to write out HALF of it in one go! I'm just afraid mine's gonna be super short compared to everyone else's like last year.

Cutlerine

Gone. Not coming back.
My prompt contains a ... well, an interesting string of requirements that all have to be met, but I'm pretty sure I've worked out a setting in which they can all be met, so it should be perfectly possible. I've been quite busy, but I'm a few thousand words in and I'm sure the story will be done on time, or perhaps a little early. It's made me think of viable ways to represent insect speech given that insects don't really have vocal apparatus, so that's been fun.

GingerDixie

Hopes and Dreams
Ginger checking in! I have about 1,033 words written of my original prompt and a plot and outline of my pinch-hit one! Just hope whatever I write for either of my giftees is good...

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
I actually got done with my assignment a few weeks ago as the prompt I chose to write is much shorter than anticipated , but I haven't gotten the chance to have someone else give it a quick beta yet. I should have done that already, but got distracted preparing and doing NaNo. Yeah, will need to do that haha.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Technically I'm finished with my entry (currently sitting at around 1700 words) but there's still a lot more tinkering and poking about I'd like to do before submitting. The rate I'm going, I may actually end up filling multiple prompts, yay!

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
SO I just got part of the outline done and have a few ideas in my head that I want to work with. I haven't had much time this past month to just sit down and get it done, but now that I'm through with exams for the next month I should be able to get it finished on time.

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del
I plan to start mine this week. I've been busy with my main fic as I wanted to have it completed before the new year, and I have a couple of assignments due, but I should be done on time =) I intend it to be funny, so we'll see how this goes =D

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I've been swamped with school work for the past few weeks. The GOOD news is that I've decided on what my story is going to be about, and will start it sometime this weekend.

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del
Done and sent in! I enjoyed writing that. It turned out as funny as I hoped it would XD

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
My story's done, but I don't have access to my usual set of proofreaders right now, and the Beta House here seems more like...an apprenticeship program of some kind? Not the best place to ask for a quick read-through for consistency, tone, and quality? Also, it's been kinda dead for over a year now? Is there somewhere else I can go to for some proofreaders? Help? Question marks?

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
My story's done, but I don't have access to my usual set of proofreaders right now, and the Beta House here seems more like...an apprenticeship program of some kind? Not the best place to ask for a quick read-through for consistency, tone, and quality? Also, it's been kinda dead for over a year now? Is there somewhere else I can go to for some proofreaders? Help? Question marks?

As a side note, the reason why the Beta House hasn't been active for a year is because it was replaced with this thread and this thread. ;)

But seeing as no one's signed up to be a beta in the new thread, your best bet is to ask around. Like, approaching people who're active reviewers and asking politely if they do beta reading.

I've been a little bogged down with finals stuff, but I will finish the story before the deadline. It was kind of the same situation last year, and I'll get it done. I've just been very busy lately.

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Just a note to say that I have, at last, managed to get this thing done and sent in. Hope it got through OK!

It did indeed! We've just uploaded and tested it, and it's good to go! Thanks~! :D

For everyone else, we've got one final check-in. Those of you who are still working on assignments should be receiving a message in your inboxes. Please be sure to send us a message by posting below (or in the other hub) to tell us how you're doing. We've got less than a week before we get into Yuletide Madness, so be sure to let us know you're not AWOL so we don't accidentally take your prompt away from you!

Edit: And side note to Phalanx, no worries! I've got faith in you. ;D (But ah, the woes of schooling...) Thanks for checking in, and good luck on your finals!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I'm sorry to say I'm going to have to throw in the towel--didn't want to do it thinking I was going to make it work, but things happened, and it hasn't been going too well on my end. Stressed out enough as it is.