• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SerebiiForums 2022 Fanfic Awards and General Forum Activity

Spiteful Murkrow

Early Game Encounter
Hey everybody, as you may have gathered, but the past set of fanfic awards here was… uh… quiet to say the least. The moderators were actually going about soliciting feedback about that in some parts, and asked me to put up my own in the hopes of stirring up some general discussion.

So, my conclusion was that the two were actually two separate issues that kinda went hand-in-hand with each other. One was participation in the actual awards themselves, while the other was the broader activity on this forum in general.

Now I was of the school that a few things that could be tried to encourage participation in the fanfic awards such as doing something like guaranteeing a review for participating or something like that, but in the end, to have takers, one kinda needs some baseline level of people actually reading and reviewing. As it stands, there's a bit of a vicious cycle since there are some features on other forums that writers have gotten used to elsewhere that aren't presently here on Serebii (e.x. laxer character limit caps, threadmarks), and when they see their stories not getting any attention, a lot of them just tune out to focus on those other platforms. Even something like trying to get all the authors with stalled versions of their stories here just to get them up to date with their offsite versions would potentially be a big step towards correcting that.

One thing that might be worth having forum events concurrent to the nominations/voting phase, or in general, since I felt that the awards are more likely to be in a position where they can be healthy again when there's more activity in general. It’s a practice that seems to work well on some other writing forums, and it’s honestly a little surprising that we haven’t tried hosting any of those, or at least not recently. A few of my companions were a bit opinionated about how realistically such a viable baseline could be established by next spring, but eh. I’m an optimist, and even if it didn’t pan out, it’d build a foundation for the future.

And that was why I kicked this thread up, so there could be a sounding board for that to see what ideas people had and what would interest others. It’s admittedly a bit of a big problem, but hey, if you’re here reading this thing, you cared enough about this site to fire it up, so what do you have to say about things you’d like to see tried for breathing life into things? Whether it’s for the coming awards or into the forum in general?

Venia Silente

[](int x){return x;}
Oh boy where do I begin.

It is a big issue, or rather a matrix of various social and technological issues that are interacting; it affects other communities as well so Serebii is not unique in that regard but from my experience over the last 6 or so years across different forums, Serebii is in the first or second place for communities that have been hit the hardest with "It".

Loose ideas and commentaries that I think are related to the situation of "General Forum Activity":

* Seasonal and zonal effects are... a thing. Depending on how much a proportion of writers and readers are geographically clustered in certain regions or countries, it's just going to be a fact of life that there's times of the year where barely anyone is going to be generating new content.

* Demographics as well. Without a means to refresh the population of writers, the current pool is not getting any younger, and we are getting busier with the parts of life we need to depend on. So it's important to find a good way to have ongoing writers (or readers) bring new writers in.

* Related to that is the Dead Site Negative Feedback Loop. Since activity in Serebii started dying, it has not been able to reverse course simply because there's no preventing people from getting to know other places as well. There's no people who are going to do things for no one here, either. The fact that I only ever found out about the latest iteration of the FF Awards because of a reminder on *reddit* for another user, that was posted publicly, speaks volumes: where is the Serebii Marketing Team? Where are the Serebii Cheerleaders and the Pikachu Celebi mascot?

* Over time there's been too much reliance on "live chat" platform Discord in some communities. This is worse for the community, for all communities, because Discord activity is not an observable effect to people logged in to the forum, certainly not to irregular visitors either, let alone to nonmembers considering if to join. The Discord platform is closed, hostile to third party development, not searchable and not indexable, and it definitively doesn't run well on many machines (electron client ughhh), all which means that discussions that take place in there are soon enough lost into the void and a lot of potentially useful information or potential for interaction are lost. It happened to me with TR; I had joined that community because I saw it seemed to have good worldbuilding and discussion threads, but after about six months that section of their community forum has died and instead it has moved over to Discord, where it's next to useless to me, so now I'm considering dropping TR as well.

In terms of what the current implementation has issues with and what can it change:

* Forum tech status is honestly not that of a big issue for me. One thing I like about Serebii compared to other platforms is that its default theme is quite lean, I can scroll and navigate through the forums like I was Sonic the Hedgehog. So it'd be ideal to not lose that. I'm fearful of what is going to happen with a few other communities that are preparing migrations, partly because they do have become more slow and bloated due to that focus on "modern web that a writing board doesn't need other than for the writing toolset itself.

* That doesn't mean the site can just be left to its own devices, FF.net style. Yeah we all know the memes regarding FF.net support status, if any, and the cryptid mods. More public attention to this site's maintenance status would also be nice. There was a big scare for me about a year ago when something happened to the JS of the forums that made every forum and subforum index always push the CPU to 100%, I even suspected it was a potential ransomware on the site, since it definitively was not from an external resource, and I never saw any disclosure on the subject matter, so it did push me to not really visit the site again for yet another ~3 months, so yeah that's a flight risk. To this day I have an extra blocking rule on uBlock Origin for this site just in case.

* Some facilities useful for writers would be nice to have, I guess threadmarks would be a relevant one since "everyone else is doing it" and it does automate an important amount of work for long-runners and recurrent writers, but I can think of a few other supplements or alternatives depending on what can be done on the current engine. Support for some more BBCode tags would be nice, I've fired up proposals in other forums and I could do the same here, IMO the goal would be able to provide a means to write stories in the current engine that can be copied over to or from AO3 without any significant loss of semantics. Saving drafts with the ability to work on a dedicated draft interface rather than on the posting interface would probably also be welcome in that it would more closely reflect Google Docs-style workflow.

* Certain forum sections, not just Fanfiction and writing, would benefit from a means to reflect into them the activity that takes place in related off-forum components. Serebii discord channels might be briming with worldbuilding activity, but I'll never know if I can't see that activity here. For me, this is the forum, this is the part about writing, and thus that information has to be available here. For example, an automatic system that reflects writing discussion subjects in eg.: the Discord channels for writing, or in a potential /r/serebiiwriting subreddit, as threads proper in Author's Cafe would 1.- show that there is activity going on and 2. allow people to have a searchable discussion material that they can also engage with. Ofc, Discord will most likely not let you do this, they are quite hostile to third party development, but with other chat systems that are more open such as XMPP or Mattermost, it would be near trivial to do. However a consideration point is that such means of "platform reflection" are better suited to a BBS style forum, with their short, response-oriented structure, than to Web 2.0 forum platforms, but I guess that's just another thing to study.

Writers themselves (ourselves) are also a factor, since people is a factor, so I have a few thughts on that as well:

* Writing is hard, and most of the time up until we post the new chapter or content in ready form, there's not much to show for it. There's not really a good place or a good etiquette to show in the forum "I'm re-drafting this chapter draft I though I had finished" as activity that doesn't potentially turn into noise or spam, but that needs to be fixed if we want to show that the forum has writer activity. It can't just be the end result, just like how the street-facing displays on most stores are still transparent to let you see the store inside.

* As discussion about writing migrates from the forum to live chat platforms, which are designed to pursue FOMO and persistent engagement, the attention of a writer to their writing (or to betaing for others) is contested by the attention to the livechat due to its limitations. Most of the time you *have* to be on time for a certain discussion, because afterwards it'll die down, be buried by scrollback and become unsearchable and unindexable, meaning it is a heavier material and mental cost to retireve it and examine it.

* Whether we like it or not, many writers write for the audience and the validation, and in that sense it is a problem when the site annouces, or is announced by others, to be the place to come to for X and then the writers come to do X here and the result is "0 views" / "0 replies", then it's a huge bummer and yet another reason to leave the community for other places where you get measurable response. After all, as easy as cross-posting is, it's still not zero-cost (see above on improving the toolkit), so dropping a site that doesn't give you results can lead to measurable gains. I always saw Serebii sold as "the place to go to if you want feedback on PMD material" but when I came here and posted two PMD stories that basically got 0 replies until review trades... well, after discounting the meta issues with the community dying I did still feel like I had been lied to.

Since it is part of the title, I'm going to speak also about what I consider some issues with the Fanfiction Awards.

* With the community dying, the awards can not afford to be Oscar-like elitist in terms of requriing a dying community to catwalk around their selection for them. By and large, a contest which you can only enter if your work is popular enough to be potentially grabbed for recommendation is not a quality contest: it's a popularity contest. So I think that letting writers submit their work themselves for consideration (which contests like the Oscars also do, via "For Your Consideration" submissions) would be a huge improvement. The internet is way too big and we don't and can't really owe to anyone else that our stories are eligible for readership, let alone for recommendation.

* Assembling the categories listing only *after* all entries are registered would allow for better organization. There's no need to preemptively have Best Human category in a year where all the material is PMD, for example, and we've already seen the issues with categories only getting one entrant, let alone none. This would also allow for determining the number of judges needed and effort to undertake *after* the entries are in.

* I'm on the fence on making more material prizes for the awards. Getting something like a guaranteed review would be nice, but that would have to be a review not from the judges, which means some people will have to be designated to create, compose and deliver rewards for a contest they are likely not otherwise involved with in the first place. A potential alternative would be an intermediate nomination phase, where after an initial list of entries has been made official, the entrants can only progress to the subsequent phase by participating in the creation of the prize, for example in this "free review" case, by themselves composing a review for another of the entrant stories. I'm not sure how something like this would even go if the prize was something like artwork tho, it'd likely require a pre-commit from a group in the Artists section since they'd have to be informed on the list of entrants with enough advance notice.

So, that was understandably long, I hve lots of things to say not just about Serebii but about writing communities and writing platforms in general, as I've seen many of them flourish, but also wither and die, as well as stuff to say about the culture that surrounds them. if I wanted to have a tl;dr list of suggestions to implement, which I do am working on in things for other sites as well, it would include things such as:

* better announce the things that the site / community is good at, and commit to them.
* promote interaction with other branches of the site besides simply eg.: "writers + RPers".
* improve the site's toolset for writers; pursue AO3 level of capability.
* figure out a means to prominently and progressively show that writers are working (not necessarily *publishing*).
* figure out a means to catalogue and provide interaction with writing related, off-platform sections and components.
* alternatively, refocus writing-related activity on the forum proper.
* probably get forum members a means to participate in the prizes for the awards themselves
* general stability fixes to improve the user's experience.

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
One thing I think needs to be done to bring people back to the forums, or at least not immediately drive them away, is to tighten up the moderation. Last night I came to look at fanfics and the FIRST TWO PAGES were ENTIRELY spambot posts. And this isn't unusual! There are usually at LEAST a dozen spam posts at top level and it's ridiculous. If the mods don't care, why should the users? It's ridiculous.

Does Joe himself even use the forum any more? Does he engage outside of Twitter?

Spiteful Murkrow

Early Game Encounter
So, that was understandably long, I hve lots of things to say not just about Serebii but about writing communities and writing platforms in general, as I've seen many of them flourish, but also wither and die, as well as stuff to say about the culture that surrounds them. if I wanted to have a tl;dr list of suggestions to implement, which I do am working on in things for other sites as well, it would include things such as:

* better announce the things that the site / community is good at, and commit to them.
* promote interaction with other branches of the site besides simply eg.: "writers + RPers".
* improve the site's toolset for writers; pursue AO3 level of capability.
* figure out a means to prominently and progressively show that writers are working (not necessarily *publishing*).
* figure out a means to catalogue and provide interaction with writing related, off-platform sections and components.
* alternatively, refocus writing-related activity on the forum proper.
* probably get forum members a means to participate in the prizes for the awards themselves
* general stability fixes to improve the user's experience.

One thing I think needs to be done to bring people back to the forums, or at least not immediately drive them away, is to tighten up the moderation. Last night I came to look at fanfics and the FIRST TWO PAGES were ENTIRELY spambot posts. And this isn't unusual! There are usually at LEAST a dozen spam posts at top level and it's ridiculous. If the mods don't care, why should the users? It's ridiculous.

Does Joe himself even use the forum any more? Does he engage outside of Twitter?

I broadly agree with these points, but at the same time, I'm wondering how much control we have over such things as end users. Like it'd be nice if we could get some more mods to try and help address some of these issues, but as someone who filled out a Google Form to be a mod and hadn't heard back anything about it afterwards... I kinda wonder if there's also some more grassroots things that could be organized, even if it's ultimately just a stopgap. There's even some already existing outlets for that here on-site. Like for instance, showing The Review Game some love, which I didn't realize existed until earlier last week since... it was dead for 3 years and no one talked about it. ^^;

For some outlets that don't exist but would be nice to have, perhaps it would make sense to organize events built around encouraging reviews and participation? For instance, there's a review exchange format that happens to be pretty popular on some other forums and servers that I'm on in which a group of writers join a pool and get randomized assignments from everyone else's stories to read. We presently don't have anything like that, but as long as a critical mass of people joining can be put together (which from experience, seems to be at least 6 people), it feels like a small but potentially effective way to encourage people to read and review on-site. Especially if the format had some tweaks to encourage participants to keep their stories up to date, or take part in other events that are ongoing on-site.

Just throwing some thoughts out there. Since while "mods, please fix the site" is something that I think is worth acknowledging, I think it also makes sense to review what options for trying to get users more active and involved exist at hand from an individual contributor level.

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
I don't have to much to say atm, partially because I need to word my thoughts after reading the posts here. But the main one that sticks out to me is this:

I think it would be nice to allow more constant posting in the fanfiction subforums in the form of status updates from the authors. Of course that depends on whether authors wanna do it themselves or not, but for those that do, it would mean more activity. I know I'd post progress status updates. I already do it on one orher forum as a form of a reminder for myself as well as let readers know if anything in my life is affecting how much I can write for my main project or if I'm writing other things and such.

I don't know if that'd actually help or anything in here, but just thought I'd mention it since that's my most concrete thought at the moment.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Regarding the "mods, fix the site", there is only so much one can do as all plugins need to be via Mr. Serebii, as well as setting changes. However, I can prod him with this thread - maybe best to do after a compiled list. Please post things you want to see, with specifics (e.g. an expanded character limit for posts - how high should it be, specifically? Enhanced BBCode options - which ones if you know, is there a specific xenforo plugin that is well rated and hence more likely to be tried out? Etc.)

The adbots issue... well, it's been something overwhelming to mods, really. I know in the last month Joe tried using something that might have helped a decent bit, but it is harder when these days a lot of adbot accounts are straight up signed up to the forums by people. (and yeah, Discord definitely has an effect.)

I'll reply on other aspects later, but maybe let's focus on this first. I think starting an event in the next few months would be good to do though, and maybe we could try to use NaNoWriMo as a launching point. There's also the SPPF Exquisite Corpses (e.g. https://forums.serebii.net/threads/sppf-exquisite-corpses-2019.669458/) that get some traction and can be fun.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Yeah speaking of Discord, the main Serebii Discord didn't even know there WAS a fanfic Discord. That sort of disconnect is ridiculous!

Spiteful Murkrow

Early Game Encounter
Regarding the "mods, fix the site", there is only so much one can do as all plugins need to be via Mr. Serebii, as well as setting changes. However, I can prod him with this thread - maybe best to do after a compiled list. Please post things you want to see, with specifics (e.g. an expanded character limit for posts - how high should it be, specifically? Enhanced BBCode options - which ones if you know, is there a specific xenforo plugin that is well rated and hence more likely to be tried out? Etc.)

The adbots issue... well, it's been something overwhelming to mods, really. I know in the last month Joe tried using something that might have helped a decent bit, but it is harder when these days a lot of adbot accounts are straight up signed up to the forums by people. (and yeah, Discord definitely has an effect.)

I'll reply on other aspects later, but maybe let's focus on this first. I think starting an event in the next few months would be good to do though, and maybe we could try to use NaNoWriMo as a launching point. There's also the SPPF Exquisite Corpses (e.g. https://forums.serebii.net/threads/sppf-exquisite-corpses-2019.669458/) that get some traction and can be fun.

Regarding the features of the forum, I think that the short term goal should be to try and match some mixture of AO3 and Bulbagarden Forums' level of more basic functionality. The most immediate tweaks I can think of mechanically for implementing that would be:

• Threadmarks and threadmark indexes, which IIRC are supposed to be a standard feature of a Xenforo implementation
• A 6-digit character cap. AO3 has a 500k character limit per chapter, Bulbagarden... I'm unsure if it even has one since I was able to successfully preview a 2MB Lorem Ipsum text with their post preview feature. Even something like 250k or even 100k as a new cap would be a massive upgrade over what we presently have, and would satisfy almost all use cases for writers here
• Supporting hovertext, which will likely require a custom implementation. For reference, this is what BG's implementation of hovertext on their forums looks like.
• Considering doing something about the profanity filter if that's still active, even if it's just partially rolling it back to put it on par with American broadcast TV standards. While I'm not terribly fazed by it myself, I've personally run into multiple authors that cited not wanting to bother with the hassle of working around the forums' profanity filter as a reason why they either stopped supporting the Serebii versions of their story, or else chose not to make one in the first place

Also, while it's not supported by either BG Forums or AO3, being able to put in custom icons for threadmark indexes would be a nice QoL feature that should just be a matter of changing permissions. For an example of what that looks like, this is what the threadmark index of one of my stories looks like on a forum that supports that functionality.

Though I'm down with the idea of that event, I just wonder what can be done to get people to actually notice that it's happening given we appear to have discovery issues just with the official fanfic server at the moment.

Last edited:

Monozu

この日、森の中・・・
I rarely post here, and I've never posted fanfic anywhere, so my opinion probably isn't as relevant.

And the forum probably doesn't need more bot activity considering the amount of spam I see here tbh. But still. To integrate the forums with Discord better, maybe you could set up a bot which reposts messages or threads of messages here?

Discord can be pretty unorganised so helping the bot identify which messages are worth turning into threads here would be quite a task, but it would at least allow forumgoers to have new things to talk about.

I can see this working best for general questions like "How can I make cultures within my worldbuilding feel distinct?" The OP could contain responses from the original discord chain which seem noteworthy (a lot of reactions on the message usually indicates that lol).

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I want to thank everyone who has participated in this conversation so far. I just wanted to comment on a few things.

I rarely post here, and I've never posted fanfic anywhere, so my opinion probably isn't as relevant.

And the forum probably doesn't need more bot activity considering the amount of spam I see here tbh. But still. To integrate the forums with Discord better, maybe you could set up a bot which reposts messages or threads of messages here?

Discord can be pretty unorganised so helping the bot identify which messages are worth turning into threads here would be quite a task, but it would at least allow forumgoers to have new things to talk about.

I can see this working best for general questions like "How can I make cultures within my worldbuilding feel distinct?" The OP could contain responses from the original discord chain which seem noteworthy (a lot of reactions on the message usually indicates that lol).

This is an idea I'm interested to see pursued. It seems like a good way to better integrate the Discord and the forums, and it should help with the forums' activity problems in an organic way.

Regarding the features of the forum, I think that the short term goal should be to try and match some mixture of AO3 and Bulbagarden Forums' level of more basic functionality. The most immediate tweaks I can think of mechanically for implementing that would be:

• Threadmarks and threadmark indexes, which IIRC are supposed to be a standard feature of a Xenforo implementation
• A 6-digit character cap. AO3 has a 500k character limit per chapter, Bulbagarden... I'm unsure if it even has one since I was able to successfully preview a 2MB Lorem Ipsum text with their post preview feature. Even something like 250k or even 100k as a new cap would be a massive upgrade over what we presently have, and would satisfy almost all use cases for writers here
• Supporting hovertext, which will likely require a custom implementation. For reference, this is what BG's implementation of hovertext on their forums looks like.
• Considering doing something about the profanity filter if that's still active, even if it's just partially rolling it back to put it on par with American broadcast TV standards. While I'm not terribly fazed by it myself, I've personally run into multiple authors that cited not wanting to bother with the hassle of working around the forums' profanity filter as a reason why they either stopped supporting the Serebii versions of their story, or else chose not to make one in the first place

Also, while it's not supported by either BG Forums or AO3, being able to put in custom icons for threadmark indexes would be a nice QoL feature that should just be a matter of changing permissions. For an example of what that looks like, this is what the threadmark index of one of my stories looks like on a forum that supports that functionality.

Though I'm down with the idea of that event, I just wonder what can be done to get people to actually notice that it's happening given we appear to have discovery issues just with the official fanfic server at the moment.

Let me just go down your list.
-Threadmarks are a fantastic idea.
-I support the character cap being raised, as well. As someone who posts large chapters, no longer needing to split them into so many posts would be convenient.
-While I agree with you on the profanity filter, I suspect that those higher ranked than us in the forum operation hierarchy might not be so favorable to it.
-Custom icons would be nice if they can be done.

I don't have to much to say atm, partially because I need to word my thoughts after reading the posts here. But the main one that sticks out to me is this:

I think it would be nice to allow more constant posting in the fanfiction subforums in the form of status updates from the authors. Of course that depends on whether authors wanna do it themselves or not, but for those that do, it would mean more activity. I know I'd post progress status updates. I already do it on one orher forum as a form of a reminder for myself as well as let readers know if anything in my life is affecting how much I can write for my main project or if I'm writing other things and such.

I don't know if that'd actually help or anything in here, but just thought I'd mention it since that's my most concrete thought at the moment.

I also agree with this. I would be regularly posting such status updates if they were permitted.

Venia Silente

[](int x){return x;}
I want to thank also the other people who have participated in this thread so far.

For some outlets that don't exist but would be nice to have, perhaps it would make sense to organize events built around encouraging reviews and participation? For instance, there's a review exchange format that happens to be pretty popular on some other forums and servers that I'm on in which a group of writers join a pool and get randomized assignments from everyone else's stories to read. We presently don't have anything like that, but as long as a critical mass of people joining can be put together (which from experience, seems to be at least 6 people), it feels like a small but potentially effective way to encourage people to read and review on-site. Especially if the format had some tweaks to encourage participants to keep their stories up to date, or take part in other events that are ongoing on-site.

Just throwing some thoughts out there. Since while "mods, please fix the site" is something that I think is worth acknowledging, I think it also makes sense to review what options for trying to get users more active and involved exist at hand from an individual contributor level.
I seem to recall that format. But yeah, in general having any sort of event that can be carried, in general terms, with as little needed attention from the mods as possible would help, in that the work falls squarely on whether we as authors want to Get It Done™ or not.

I've been (and still am) in other forums that have a dedicated "tell us what you're working on" thread that is immune, or at least resistant, to the usual rules against double-posting, necromancing, etc, since its intended purpose is "writers can talk whenever they feel like it". Two particular forums I've been in have gone further and implemented a dedicated "author's thread" section where a given author is allowed to post what they're working on whenever, kinda like a "blog-but-in-a-thread", or even to serve as a dedicated review section / worldbuilding / meta section, tho I'm not sure if that's the best model to follow here.

Probably what would help most in the "constant posting" aspect would be to do things that favour a back-and-forth minimal conversation-model posting. Kinda like what was seen in BBSs back in the time, but hopefully more organized so as to follow eg.: writing-related topics.

I'll take you on that! I've already made some feature request submissions to Archive Of Our Own, for example, or to other Pokémon forums, on what BBCode and formatting features to enable, which I'm generally keeping track of; and I'll be examining the featureset here in Serebii to see what to recommend. I can foresee I will definitively lift a proposal for a more accessible implementation of tooltips / hovertexts, or a functional alternative thereof, as @Spiteful Murkrow was interested in it and it's something I've already found to be of tremendous use bot in AO3 and PC. I just want the results to be 1.- accessible and 2.- survive export renders (the two things are *likely* related).

Regarding the profanity filter, shouldn't that be configurable per-reader? I certainly *know* I'm an adult in this particular internet identity and I have already seen for a year the news on Ukraine and for far longer the racism in the US, so I know I can survive some simple cute words such as... well, I'd write them but they'g get swallowed by the filter anyways lol.

Alternatively, having the ability to tag a thread into the system as "hey, this is a content release that is PG-15" so that some stuff is not automatically censored (but still is elsewhere) would be nice. I haven't seen a working implementation anywhere for it tho, and I think the per-user option is far more preferable, even if that means authors might have to be stricter in recommending their stories as being of above a certain age-rating so that readers are not surprise-bleeped by default, as yes it sometimes it does highly ruin the experience.

(That and let's be honest, it's 2022, there's no sense anymore in censoring words like "butt").

As for your hovertext request, I'll get to lifting a proposal for at least one mechanism for it.

I want to thank everyone who has participated in this conversation so far. I just wanted to comment on a few things.
Danke, and will try to get back here more often to propose more things. Hopefully this garners a positive feedback loop to promote activity.

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Are we having a contest this year? I feel like giving up would be really bad.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Are we having a contest this year? I feel like giving up would be really bad.

My intention had been to run the awards this year as one final stab at the original format and then make changes next year. I need to reach out to bobandbill and Dragonfree to make sure that's feasible.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
How did that go?