• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SerebiiFORUMS.com Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Sorry if I'm treading on your toes here Joe, but if you want to keep the Serebii.net Suggestion Thread for the site only and not have people asking for Custom Avatars and Spam Forums, then this thread is needed.

Post your Suggestions for Serebiiforums.com here

If they're good ideas, they may be taken on board for discussion by the Forum Mods. But please check that your idea has not already been presented.

Ay suggestions for Custom Avatars, Spam Forums or the ability to change your own name will be ignored. The point has been made enough times to know they will never happen.

-------------

Never going to happen
  • Custom Avatars
  • Self Changing Names
  • Larger Signature Images
  • Spam Forum

To be taken under consideration
  • Removal of Smilies
  • Focusing on Fan Art Rules
  • Title editing by topic poster
  • Trainer Sprites as Avatars

Under discussion my moderator team
  • Additional General Discussion Mods

Done
  • This list :)

Ugobama

I think that clubs should be able to appear right when you post them. You wouldnt have to wait 2 days then. Just a thought.

AJ Flibble

Emohawk
Pkm Trainer Dewgong posted the idea about the Avatar search in the Serebii.net suggestion threads. It should be in here, but the point is is that it's a good idea. It's often very difficult to find what you want, especially with all the annoying Pikachu ones etc.

Moonlight.

Pkm Trainer Dewgong posted the idea about the Avatar search in the Serebii.net suggestion threads. It should be in here, but the point is is that it's a good idea. It's often very difficult to find what you want, especially with all the annoying Pikachu ones etc.
In order to do that Serebii would have to add search tags to each of the images or something.

Also, it's possible that vBulletin has no avatar search feature.

Still, it would make things much easier.

Savage X

dclxvi
It would be so cool if you got the vbPlaza hack Joe. I know everyone would have so much fun with getting the points and then being able to pimp out their names and user titles and everything else you can do with that, as well as maybe an arcade. I could guarantee it would get nothing but good comments. Also the AJAX shout box. But that would be a little crazy to even keep up because you have so many active members. But yeah, the vbPlaza hack would be amazing. (I honestly doubt it will happen though.)

Ugobama

It would be so cool if you got the vbPlaza hack Joe. I know everyone would have so much fun with getting the points and then being able to pimp out their names and user titles and everything else you can do with that, as well as maybe an arcade. I could guarantee it would get nothing but good comments. Also the AJAX shout box. But that would be a little crazy to even keep up because you have so many active members. But yeah, the vbPlaza hack would be amazing. (I honestly doubt it will happen though.)

What is vbPlaza?

Savage X

dclxvi
You would love it. You can get points for posts/views/threads and more. Then make your user name, title look cool. And buy better permissions. And play in the arcade. Here is the link Serebii: (It's obviously free) vBux/vbPlaza. I would install it for you in 2 seconds, but I know you wouldn't let me. But there it is. You will need to put the images in the zip to your FTP and a few template edits as well as uploading the .xml . You also need to be a licenced member of vb.org but I can give you my user name and change my password (I have done for other people too) so you can download it (in about 30 seconds) and then just change my password back.

Also maybe consider a gallery from Photopost or a free one?

blueguy

used Metronome!
On other forums one hosts the image at say Photobucket and inputs the URL of their avatar so that they can use it. Why couldn't that sort of thing be implemented? I don't think using the URL of an image would do much to the servers. -_-

Last edited:
Ay suggestions for Custom Avatars, Spam Forums or the ability to change your own name will be ignored. The point has been made enough times to know they will never happen.

Or that. Reading is cool.

(((Kuwagata Kross)))

Wazzupwiththeserver?
Sorry I asked this in the serebii.net thread Joe but I was thinkin'...the best way to lower the SPAM in the D/P section would be to turn off the user rank counter in it. I know many users will not like it but really, the users that have their minds in the right place don't care about user ranks to get to the point of preffering that mess and n00bism...thanks for your atention and sorry again for posting in the wrong thread...

Kinslayer

Nevermore...
^That wouldn't do ANYTHING. At all. :/

One idea that I heard was suggested during my absence was implementing the same Mod approval for thread making in D/P. Why won't you do this one, Joe? There's no logical reason not to. I mean, hell, there's 95% more SPAM in D/P than the Clubs section ever had. This would severely cut down on stupidity. It would in no way eliminate it, but it would help stop it.

I wonder what excuse this will be shot down with. ¬¬

Savage X

dclxvi
As I have said countlewss times when people present that idea. Link me to a hack for it and I'll implement it
We're not implementing vbPlaza or anything like that
??? I guess you werent talking to me then....
Sorry I asked this in the serebii.net thread Joe but I was thinkin'...the best way to lower the SPAM in the D/P section would be to turn off the user rank counter in it.
I'm pretty sure you can't even do that with vBulletin. And I don't think it's really the reason for SPAM.

(((Kuwagata Kross)))

Wazzupwiththeserver?
I'm pretty sure you can't even do that with vBulletin. And I don't think it's really the reason for SPAM.
Dude...it would be like the games section...
Originally Posted by Kinslayer
^That wouldn't do ANYTHING. At all. :/
Well, I've seen a couple of trainers telling they're making thread there to get their ranks up, so yes, it would do SOMETHING...could be ANY SMALL THING but it would be SOMETHING...your idea is very good...I think Joe should do it too...nice idea...

Savage X

dclxvi
Ohhh...I thought you meant make it so you can't even see it. Yeah he could make it so it doesn't count posts but that's stupid for people that don't spam. It's already hard enough to get your post count up for someone that cares about it but doesn't spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.