• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SerebiiFORUMS.com Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemonster2191

turtles=pwnage
The SSBB avatars haven't been updated in a while. There are 19 Brawl avatars in total. There are currently 23 revealed characters. I think Pokemon Trainer avatars would be pretty popular. Not to mention pokeball pokemon avatars and other non-pokemon characters.

Last edited:

Slowpoke_Trainer

I’m new here, and though I have been a fan of Pokemon for over 10 years, I do not know the gamer lingo, the forum short-hand, the abbreviations. I have been looking around (using the search option) probing for a thread/topic that just lists the forum-speak and their meanings, but I have found none.
Possibly I missed it, and if I did, forgive me for this but would there be a way to make a sticky-thread for noobs of the forums to be able to go and learn the lingo, so people don’t throw rocks at them and scream “noob!” whenever someone like me asked “what the heck are you talking about?”

that would be my suggestion.
(most Harry Potter forums and such will have a post like this that I suggessted, so people know what a OTS is -One True Ship- so I thought it would only help a site like this to do much the same.)

Sird

Johto native
Fan Art Requests rules be tighten. It must be in proper manner. Let it be approved first.

Something like this be approved, not this.

I hope you take this into consideration, as well, many shops are unorganised.

~Bon Voyage

Last edited:
What I don't get is why we have Misc. Polls/Games and not "Miscellaneous Face-offs". The FOs are far more organized than the games. Most of those games are mindless whereas some (though not traditional voting FOs) FOs are not. Therefore, the rule of pokémon only FOs should be removed (with certain limitations) or a separate Miscellaneous Face-offs forum should be made. There's a forum for everything else (non-pokémon fics to Fizzy Bubbles), so you may as well take this board full circle. Granted, most mods will die before that happens, but without the post count boost few users will have the incentive to spam it up 'cause they can do that better in a forum where post counts do go up. =P

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
I’m new here, and though I have been a fan of Pokemon for over 10 years, I do not know the gamer lingo, the forum short-hand, the abbreviations. I have been looking around (using the search option) probing for a thread/topic that just lists the forum-speak and their meanings, but I have found none.
Possibly I missed it, and if I did, forgive me for this but would there be a way to make a sticky-thread for noobs of the forums to be able to go and learn the lingo, so people don’t throw rocks at them and scream “noob!” whenever someone like me asked “what the heck are you talking about?”

that would be my suggestion.
(most Harry Potter forums and such will have a post like this that I suggessted, so people know what a OTS is -One True Ship- so I thought it would only help a site like this to do much the same.)

The sticky FAQ in the Newbie Forum has a "Dictionary of Terms" with the most commonly used terms from all the forums.

Well, I wondering this.

I hang around the fanart requests form alot and I was thinking this. What if to post a new shop, it had to get approved first? Like with the clubs and games because I've seen a bunch of shops open up that make things that can be found in many other shops or their work is just terrible. Or maybe because the maker isn't that active. So, only the really good shops or shop makers with previous shops, etc. that are made are approved. You get what I'm saying? Because I kind of lost myself.

cybermew

A la lune!
I think in the trade forum there should be an option to only see online poster, and posters within your timezone.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
You're meant to organise a time to trade with a person in the trade forum, not do it straight away. There is an online and offline image next to every members name (Pink/Green celebi on default or unevolved/fullyevolved on type skins).

Mumage

- Smilies should be removed, the sarcasm here is too rich.

- Post edit information should be removed too, its both ugly and useless.

Emergency BuTcH

Team Rocketron! D8<
Well, sorry to say this because you may hate this, but having a new name change thread, but with new rules.

Maybe the thread can have a limit of a certain number of requests. Obviously, if the limit were to be reached, the thread would be closed. And also, if once a month is too much, then maybe once a season...or year for some reason.

I don't really fully expect that this may not happen, but I would like to change my name because this was just an emergency account made because my first name couldn't be used because of the cross in it.

Leki

Gym Leader Morty <3
I suggest that in the Trading Forums, put up a Trading Evolution Thread (tried to make thread, found I couldn't do it).

For people wanting to trade for evolution, like Alakazam, Golem, and the Clamperl evolutions. A simple trade to evolve, then an agreed trade-back so you can keep the evolved ones. Not technically a full trade, since you get to keep your Pokemon. :3

Frozir

F-f-freezing... NOT
Something regarding moved threads:

Noticed that threads that are moved from one section to another are always marked with a 'Moved:' beside the title, which is totally unnecessary. Also moved threads have no post counts and view counts at all, even if there are posts and views. This may lead people to think that the moved thread is closed or inactive.

Virtual Headache

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Something regarding moved threads:

Noticed that threads that are moved from one section to another are always marked with a 'Moved:' beside the title, which is totally unnecessary. Also moved threads have no post counts and view counts at all, even if there are posts and views. This may lead people to think that the moved thread is closed or inactive.
It's there so people don't think their thread got deleted.
If they click the link they will be directed to the thread in the right forum.
I don't see how that's a problem. I actually think it's a very useful feature.

I think the item trading thread is kinda unorganized. Instead of having just one thread, there should be multiple sections (hold items; berries; etc.) and in each section there should be a sticky thread for each item in that section. It seems like a lot of work, but you did it for the pokemon trading forum, didn't you?

I am not sure if someone said this before, but how about more manga avatars from Pokemon Special?
I am just asking, that is all.

blackrose

1 - I think serebii forums is big enough to start making fan made events.
2 - batch event trade thread, like the batch shiny trade thread.
3 - batch ev trained pkmn thread, like batch shiny trade thread.

Last edited:

Hamstar

o snp.
I don't have any suggestions but if you need any more help (such as mods or admins) I could possibly help. I have A LOTTTT of experience with forums and how to handle them.

Just saying...^^;

EDIT: btw...is it possible that there could be a spam section? Where postcount doesn't go up? :D

Last edited:

Fang11803

Umbreon lover
I was wondering if you could do a team rocket page for the advent calender.;197;:meowthbal

Status
Not open for further replies.