• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SerebiiFORUMS.com Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typo

been a while
I don't have any suggestions but if you need any more help (such as mods or admins) I could possibly help. I have A LOTTTT of experience with forums and how to handle them.

Just saying...^^;

EDIT: btw...is it possible that there could be a spam section? Where postcount doesn't go up? :D
Because Joe is ALWAYS posting these things...

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=292111

SPAM? HERE!

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107992

I suggest that in the Trading Forums, put up a Trading Evolution Thread (tried to make thread, found I couldn't do it).

For people wanting to trade for evolution, like Alakazam, Golem, and the Clamperl evolutions. A simple trade to evolve, then an agreed trade-back so you can keep the evolved ones. Not technically a full trade, since you get to keep your Pokemon. :3

There is a way to evolve pokemon using the GTS with only one game. Google it.
- Smilies should be removed, the sarcasm here is too rich.
Pokemon smilies? I agree. These: :D:):( those won't so squat, because there will always be these:

^^;
^_^
>_>
<_<
>_<
-_-
o.o
o_0
o_O

So on and so forth.
Well, sorry to say this because you may hate this, but having a new name change thread, but with new rules.

Maybe the thread can have a limit of a certain number of requests. Obviously, if the limit were to be reached, the thread would be closed. And also, if once a month is too much, then maybe once a season...or year for some reason.
I agree with this part.

Also, my thoughts on this, why not have a rule set on when you can get it? Like this:

To change your name you must follow these standards.

Your account must be over X months
Post a good reason on why we should change it.
You may only request when we have X amount of people to do
You may only change once ever X months

Or at least something along those standards.

To tell the truth, I don't give a rat's end on if we can change our names, but I'm tired of seeing these things.
Also, alot of problems are going to rise with Anaya getting a name change.

Why does serebii keep going down and is slow and log me out every pass minute.
It use to be not like this!

Whenever it doesn't load it means you and 15k other people are overloading the server.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=268823

Also my suggestion: Why can't we have mods approve of all the threads on the site? Too hard? Just the ones that count your posts (in ADDITION to the current ones). After seeing the "I gotta pee" and "I'M A SHAAAAARK" threads, well, you know. As funny as it is....

~Typo

Edit: Since I don't need to post again, lol RaZoR LeAf and daveb. XD

Last edited:

daveb

Original ape
Heres a suggestion serebii forums, instead of wasting time banning me for having an opinion, try spending time fixing your fuc*ing site from lagging.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
If you can show a dedicated effort at following the rules, then we'll see if we can improve the server. I think a year is enough to show real dedication in, so if you're still here this time 2008, PM me and we'll chat.

daveb

Original ape
lol, what a shame. i cant stand using serebii anymore, what makes you think ill be here in a years time. I think i might do what the rest of the battling community has already done and ditch this site for a site that will actually work properly.

Melody93

<--Yay New me!
Ok it's not that bad sorry.

Also I think it this computer's web explorer logging me out. It doesn't happen on my lab top.

D'Artas

Slowking in love
^ There are other ways to make money for the server besides advertising. For example:

A donations system? I dunno how effective that would be but I'm sure plenty of people would spare a thought for the site and give a little to help it run.

A Serebii.net Pro? You could create some features on both the site and the forums that only members that pay a subscription service can have access to. I don't mean limit existing features but you could give subscribing members features that the members have been pestering you for, things like custom avatars, looser signature rules or different skins for the main site. I know in a previous post I fought very hard against there being a class system among members, and if that mattered to you, you could make the benefits that would be visible to other members only visible to other Pro members, so your custom avatar would only be visible to people with custom avatars themselves. I don't pretend to have all the answers here and don't know the limitations of the VB software but the general idea would surely be worthy of consideration.

And I'm sure there are many other potential ways to raise money for the site. A faster server (or multiple servers or whatever it is we need) would be something I'm sure a lot of members would be willing to pay for. What do you think?

Kat

Writer's block X_X
Hello. I have a few suggestions for the D/P and PBR Battle Areas.

-A seperate Subform in at least the D/P Area for Leagues, Tourneys, etc. The D/P Battle Area is crammed with both; orginazation could possibly be better?

-Rules for making Leagues, Tourneys, etc.
Something like this could be within the rules, and not somthing like this. (If you decide to consider this, I could write up the rules for you, if you so wish.)

-A possible Mod Q in those areas, to weed out the things that are not needed. (like the adverage would-be battler posting his thread 2-5 times.)

Thank you for your time!

WR,
Kat

Stuper

Mix'n-Match Trainer
If I may make a suggestion about the lag thing. A server overloading due to a mass number of people can cause some serious lag but exceeding bandwidth can also do it too.The forum started in 2000. thats 7 years of posting/topics/spam/and smileys. Eventually that can add up no? A bunch of people online at the same time can use up what little bandwidth there is(I do believe) Maybe the Moderation/Administration team could go around deleting threads that are older than the smelly cheese in the back of the fridgerator, if you don't already do this...

BlazikenBud

Only on Wii
Instead of just deleting the old or finished RPGs maybe we could have a separate sub forum to put them in so that people could read them instead of good RPing goin to waste. It can be a good way to kill time and people may enjoy even turning other peoples RPs into fics.

Just a suggestion, but I hope it goes through.

DieChavsDie

Surely it makes more sense to accept donations.

I mean, it will get to a point where you cant afford a new server, and the forum lags even more than now.

People will leave because of this, so your "business" (Advertisements etc) will die if you dont accept donations

Aewyne

alias:: Allure XI
Since custom avatars are not allowed, perhaps an "Avatar of the Month" contest?

The first week of the month could be open for submissions. Members would be able to post their avatar creations on an official submission thread or email them to a specified moderator or admin.

The next 2 weeks, the mods could deliberate and choose their favorite 10.

The last week of the month, users could vote on their favorite avatar. At the end of the month, the winning avatar can be used by all members.

Joe, I remember a while back that you wanted to make the website more interactive (with the Web Comic, etc.). A contest such as this would have Sppf members feel like they are directly contributing to the forums they frequent.

Obviously, something like this would only be possible if the mods/admins have enough time to -- I personally understand how time-consuming contests like these can be. Perhaps designating a team to take care of contests like this? Eventually it could expand to include other user-submitted ideas, such as new forum themes. Again, it would depend on how much time the staff has here, but I think it'd be a great way for members to feel more involved.

I don't know if somebody has already posted this, but here goes: Can you make more Brawl Avatars? A LOT of people want more, and a great example of one is the Snake Kirby in my signature.

Please and thank you(provided you do it).

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I don't know if somebody has already posted this, but here goes: Can you make more Brawl Avatars? A LOT of people want more, and a great example of one is the Snake Kirby in my signature.

Please and thank you(provided you do it).
They'll be worked on soon :)

Ayumi-chan

LULU!!!!!!!! 8D
I have a suggestion.

I think there are waaaaay too many mods in the Shippers Community. I would suggest lower a few of them and mod them to the sections where there are a few mods.

It's just my opinion. ><

Status
Not open for further replies.