• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SerebiiFORUMS.com Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Brain

I think with the "Name Change" back online that we should have an official "Rate this Name" thread. This would allow members to see what others thought of the name they want to change into before they tie themselves to that name for at least 2 months. ;025;

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
This is a Suggestion Thread for useful things not spammy games. If members need to have their names officiated by other members, then they shouldn't be having it changed in the first place.

juanda95

I have a suggestion: perform the server of this forums (or the bandwidth), cause when are many people logged in, the forums are very slow.

This is my suggestion :)

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Serebii would sooner close the forums than put them on free boards. If YOU want to go to forums that suck and have popups every 4 seconds, then feel free. The rest of us would prefer the lag.

juanda95

No, this don't have this Pop-Ups, but had a little of Sponsor.

But it's a suggestion, please only take it for future and to improve, don't take it to bad :), be friendly and open to this suggestion beacause some day can that they are good for the web.

PD: Should make some I link that says "Donate Us" for those that a lot of serebii.net serves to us :)

Don't take my suggestion to bad, please, it's only a suggestion not a order :)

Thank you

Bryl

Banned
The moderators here seriously need to chill out with the infractions...god, there's like no warning or anything, just BAM. I think first a verbal warning would be more appropriate, as we all make mistakes and such, rather than immediate slapping of an infraction. Seriously, I think more 'personal' moderators would work better here, rather than the "infract first, questions later" approach that has currently been displayed towards myself and I'm sure many others.

Anyway, I'll probably get infracted for speaking out, ha.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
The moderators here seriously need to chill out with the infractions...god, there's like no warning or anything, just BAM. I think first a verbal warning would be more appropriate, as we all make mistakes and such, rather than immediate slapping of an infraction. Seriously, I think more 'personal' moderators would work better here, rather than the "infract first, questions later" approach that has currently been displayed towards myself and I'm sure many others.

Anyway, I'll probably get infracted for speaking out, ha.

Lets see you've got an infraction for insulting other members, replying to spam and flaming the mods when you were warned. If you have a problem with the infraction system then you have two options. 1) Follow the rules. Flaming is a given, you shouldn't need to be told to be nice. Replying to spam is not only part of the rules, but a topic in it's own right. If this is too much for you then try option 2) Leave. We are not keeping you here, but if you want to be here then you will follow the rules set down by the forum.

Bryl

Banned
Lets see you've got an infraction for insulting other members, replying to spam and flaming the mods when you were warned. If you have a problem with the infraction system then you have two options. 1) Follow the rules. Flaming is a given, you shouldn't need to be told to be nice. Replying to spam is not only part of the rules, but a topic in it's own right. If this is too much for you then try option 2) Leave. We are not keeping you here, but if you want to be here then you will follow the rules set down by the forum.

The flaming was clearly a joke, and wasn't directed at anyone personally, and I doubt anyone would've taken it offensively...The mods here are oversensitive it seems. And replying to spam definitely doesn't warrant an 'on-paper' warning in my opinion. Whatever though.

I honestly expected a response from a bitter moderator saying "Then why
don't you just leave if you won't shut your mouth and completely conform" and I got it.

Manly Blissey

erm, all the "claim a ~bla bla bla~" in one forum. like a climing forum or whatever so you dont need to find it. some of them arent stickied... and sticky the pair up thread please :D

I agree with this.

Also, we could have an arcade with a high score table.
Something like this.

Last edited:

Thor's Beard

I don't know if anyone has suggested this as i don't have the time to read through all of the suggestions but how about having sub forums in the competitive RMT sections for uber, OU, UU, NU teams. This would allow people to compare their teams with other teams of the same tier more easily.

Just a thought, hope it helps.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
I think the RMT Forums have elisim problems enough as it is. All teams should be rated equally and fairly, regardless of what pokemon are used in them.

blueparukia

The Sexy Nerd
Well if I cared about this server I'd ditch vB, and switch to a free, lightweight alternative such as MyBB or even *shudder* SMF.

Of course, I know you are looking for realistic suggestions, but to me a forum's a forum, a place to post, nothing needs to be improved.

BP

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Well if I cared about this server I'd ditch vB, and switch to a free, lightweight alternative such as MyBB or even *shudder* SMF.

Of course, I know you are looking for realistic suggestions, but to me a forum's a forum, a place to post, nothing needs to be improved.

BP
They are more unstable for the larger forums

Status
Not open for further replies.