• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii's 7th Annual Pokemon Exam Final Results!

Hey Serebii.net Forums, the Final Results are in!
*For information on this year's exam, please click here.
For the prelim results, click here.
For the Round 1 results, click here.
For the Round 2 results, click here.

We started off with 66 Prelim candidates, then went on to having 30, 20 and then finally 10. These 10 were all required to take a timed (20 mins.) exam containing 12 questions.

- 10/10 users took the exam
- this round was worth 35 points. Exam was worth 31, time bonus 1 pt, Prelim Round 1 pt, Round One 1 pt and Round Two 1 pt. Time bonuses were awarded by dividing the time taken by 20 and then subtracting that number from 1 (so taking 10 mins. resulted in a time bonus of +0.5 whilst taking 20 mins. resulted in no bonus)
- the average score out of 35 is: 13
- the average time taken to complete the test: 20 min.

The Top 10 users are:
Profesco
Valoo.
Niihyl
Ellie
*Jean Grey*
The Eleventh
Dramatic Melody
CuriousHeartless
HydroSwampert
Ψosiden

Comments:
- The exams this year were much more challenging than previous years.
- The final round (this round) had the poorest performance. Average final score was 44% (prelim: 69%, R1: 62%, R2: 66%)
- Timing was really important, but I realise it may have been really limiting as well. This will be taken into account next year.

Here are the Final results! Scribd document/PDF download or PNG image.

Here is the Round 3 exam for your viewing pleasure (Scribd document/PDF download).

To view the .pdf files, you will need a PDF reader.

In order of descending final scores, here are the top 5 performers!
★★★ The Eleventh ★★★
★★★ Ellie ★★★

Profesco
Ψosiden
Valoo.

CONGRATULATIONS TO The Eleventh AND Ellie! THESE TWO USERS ARE THE 2012 WINNERS!

Congratulations to EVERYONE for participating. This would not have been possible without you.

See you all next summer for Exam #8.

Myrrh

I should have payed more attention to how the winner(s) was going to be decided. I thought there were going to be more rounds, but I forgot about the weeks you set up and all. Anyways, Congratulations to both Ellie and The Eleventh \o/ I hope I can take part in this next year too, and advance further. Thank you Black Marauder, this was fun . 3

HydroSwampert

Congrats you two! That final exam sure was a hard one!

I'm pretty happy with 10th place. :) Hopefully I can do better next year. That will be pretty hard, though.

Thanks a lot Black Marauder! It was really fun!

And to think that I haven't even played Black or White yet.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Congratulations to Ellie and The Eleventh, and to everyone else who took part in this exam! Those were some tough questions!

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
Ugh, I didn't even pass the preliminary. Certainly doesn't match my 95 ave in school. Oh well, I knew I wasn't going to make it.

Anywho, congrats The Eleventh and Ellie, you should be very proud. Everyone else as well. This is really fun to partake in. Can't wait for next year!

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
WHAT. HOW DID THIS EVEN HAPPEN? omg i thought i completely blew it with that last question because i missed the fact that it was supposed to be fully evolved and from unova. woooooow.

guess that makes me the only person to have ever gotten the highest score on the exam in two different years. even though i barely play pokemon anymore, i still got it :p

Aegon

Damn it, Ellie. ;)

I certainly did not expect to win. I don't know what to say, ad infinitum. Thank you for these irresitably challenging exams, Black Maurader.

I'll be back.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Congratulations to the two winners and indeed everyone who finished in the top 10 , you all did fantastically well. I can only hope I'll be able to beat that level next year when I attempt to reclaim my top 10 positioning

725roy

ambivolent
Congratulations, Ellie and the Eleventh! (Ellie won again?)

I did better than I thought I could! Hope I do better next year!

Rayofquazar

Congratulations to The Eleventh (though you are the first!) and Ellie.... You guys sure know a lot of things about pokemon!