• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii's 7th Annual Pokemon Exam Round 2 Results!

Hey Serebii.net Forums, the Round 2 Results are in!
*For information on this year's exam, please click here.
For the prelim results, click here.
For the Round 1 result, click here.

We started off with 66 Prelim candidates, then went on to having 30 and then 20! These 20 were all required to take a timed (18 mins.) exam containing 10 questions.

- 18/20 users took the exam (1 user, fizzay, had technical difficulties and 1 user, Sietse23 failed to meet the deadline).
- this round was worth 30 points. Exam was worth 27, time bonus 1 and prelim score 1 and round 1 score 1. Time bonuses were awarded by dividing the time taken by 18 and then subtracting that number from 1 (so taking 9 mins. resulted in a time bonus of +0.5 whilst taking 18 mins. resulted in no bonus)
- the average score out of 28 is: 17
- the average time taken to complete the test: 16 min.

The Top 20 users are:
The Eleventh
Grei
Profesco
Prince Amrod
*Jean Grey*
Niihyl
CuriousHeartless
Cinna
misterdarvus
Phoopes
Ellie
Ψosiden
Bulba the Great!
bobandbill
Dramatic Melody
Kutie Pie
Thrain
HydroSwampert
Valoo.
Sietse23

Here are the Round 2 results! Scribd document/PDF download or PNG image.

Here is the Round 2 exam for your viewing pleasure (Scribd document/PDF download).

To view the .pdf files, you will need a PDF reader.

Profesco
Valoo.
Niihyl
Ellie
*Jean Grey*
The Eleventh
Dramatic Melody
CuriousHeartless
HydroSwampert
Ψosiden

How grading was done:
-A preliminary marking of all exam answers was done. Answers were graded as the users submitted them.
-After 18 users submitted, the final markscheme was adjusted based on the preliminary marking. Even the final markscheme was not rigidly applied. I read each user's answer to see if it was logical. I awarded points positively.
-Re-marking of all submissions was carried out to get final scores

Congratulations to all the Round 3 Final candidates! Thank you EVERYONE for participating. To the 8 (or 10) eliminated users, it is sad that you cannot move on but the top 10 all earned their spots.

ROUND 3 EXAM (THE FINAL EXAM) WILL BEGIN SOON.

Other Comments:
-Phoopes had problems seeing images, even though others did not and even though they did not have problems in earlier rounds. I don't know how to explain that.
-Sietse23 failed to meet the deadline and so was eliminated.
-Please do NOT sign up for the exam if you know that you will not meet deadlines because you are going on a vacation or that you know you will be away from a computer for prolonged periods. It slows the competition and takes up the time of me and others.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
*checks the answers* Ohhhhh, that was close! I might've actually (barely) made it had I remembered those other moves! I thought about Softboiled, but yeah. Never had the move Milk Drink.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Congrats to the candidates!

*checks the answers* Ohhhhh, that was close! I might've actually (barely) made it had I remembered those other moves! I thought about Softboiled, but yeah. Never had the move Milk Drink.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Congrats to the candidates!

You did really well. You barely missed the finals. Congrats :)

CuriousHeartless

Wow. If only I realized Psychich could work for thst one along with Dark, I'd off gotten higher. Guess I should pay more attention in the last round if I want to win. Good luck everyone.

Aegon

I really hate my performance in this round. I panicked way too much; the exam looks far easier without a time limit. I wasted three minutes on an answer I should have gotten immediately. I just hope these scores don't count for much in the final round.

RE Phoope's problem: The images wouldn't load for me immediately (I just saw code), but after about fifteen seconds, it worked fine.

Wow. If only I realized Psychich could work for thst one along with Dark, I'd off gotten higher. Guess I should pay more attention in the last round if I want to win. Good luck everyone.

You're going to have to be very careful in the final round. Congrats!

I really hate my performance in this round. I panicked way too much; the exam looks far easier without a time limit. I wasted three minutes on an answer I should have gotten immediately. I just hope these scores don't count for much in the final round.

RE Phoope's problem: The images wouldn't load for me immediately (I just saw code), but after about fifteen seconds, it worked fine.

Congrats and thanks for letting me know. I never thought that images would be so troublesome! Phoopes would not have been able to properly take part in Round 3 had he/she moved on though so I feel less upset about that :)

Thrain

A New Journey Awaits
Well, thirteenth's not bad, I'd say! I'm still really surprised I made it this far!

Congrats to everyone that made it through, and I hope you all do amazing in the final round! ^^

Wow, my internet really sucked. XD That's the reason I had one more minute, BM, in case you were wondering. I was done with the first round after around eight or nine minutes then it took five minutes for the next page to load. But this wasn't because of the test itself - my browser was on the verge of crashing.

But either way, I'm glad that didn't deter me from passing. Congrats to the nine other finalists, and good job on the ten other semi-finalists! :D

Wow, my internet really sucked. XD That's the reason I had one more minute, BM, in case you were wondering. I was done with the first round after around eight or nine minutes then it took five minutes for the next page to load. But this wasn't because of the test itself - my browser was on the verge of crashing.

But either way, I'm glad that didn't deter me from passing. Congrats to the nine other finalists, and good job on the ten other semi-finalists! :D

OMG. I totally forgot to change your time to the baseline of 18. You were supposed to have that negative bonus! I'll change it right away! Oh, and congrats ;)

Last edited:

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
congratulations to everyone who made it through, looks like i wasnt meant to make it this time. better luck next year i hope, both for me and everyone else who fell short of the top 10 this year

Earthia100

I read the test. It looked so hard! I'm gonna study real hard for next year.

Congratulations to everyone that passed! And Congratulations to everyone who made it that far! Good luck to all of you in the next round! :)

MistyMayDawn

Pokémon Coordinator
Next year I shall do rhis! As I havent before

Phoopes

There it is.
Welp, sucks that I couldn't even attempt the test, but oh well, stuff like that happens sometimes.

Sorry to see some people that I know not make it, but good job regardless. And good luck to all of you in the final round!

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
boo i didnt know you had to mention both possible types for that question. you should mention that in the future :p

at least i made it to the finals tho. good luck to the rest!

boo i didnt know you had to mention both possible types for that question. you should mention that in the future :p

at least i made it to the finals tho. good luck to the rest!

The question asked what it could be :p Saying Dark alone (or Psychic alone) is saying that it could ONLY be that.

Good luck in the finals!

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
well i interpreted it to mean saying psychic could be the type doesnt exclude others! but it doesnt matter, i will do better in the next round :D

CuriousHeartless

Well I bombed that. Well, I bombed the second page, I didn't notice when it said that they were Fully Evolved Unova Pokemon until I had less than half a minute left.