• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii's Mystery Dungeon Magnagate & The Infinite Labyrinth Discovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
There's a chest near Kecleon's shop where you can store items and/or money.

Kecleon runs the market, as usual.

Quagsire then introduces you to the Timburrw ho take you to Swanna's kitchen where Gurdurr isand he will agree to help you build up the paradise

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Coronis has got his game and has sent me a few tidbits to post

1) Damage inflicting moves can be levelled up now, and the more you use a move, the stronger it gets. There's this gauge bar thing that does a counting (pretty much like the Ranger gauge bar). I'm not sure how high the levels go, but there is also a meter that measures the exact 'strength' of an attack. I've grown some of my moves to level 3 or 4 but the 'strength' gauge is still quite low, so I suppose the level can go quite high. This move growth is shared among all your teammates. Take Quick Attack for instance, if Pikachu and Emolga both know Quick Attack, they share the same level of Quick Attack. Basically, you can think of you 'team' levelling up the move instead of a single Pokemon. That means everyone who uses the move adds to the gauge bar of that move.

2) It is mentioned that ALL Pokemon you have recruited earn experience, including ones that you do not take to the dungeon. I haven't really recruited anything beyond 4 yet, so I can't confirm this. But it sounds easier to level up all your Pokemon.

3) You can't seem to do multiple quests at the same time now, even if they're in the same dungeon. Only one at a time

4) There is some known as V-waves, brought upon by Victini's arrival. Basically, the 'weather' changes every day to favour one elemental type. That type has higher attacks, and PPs during that day. You can pay Victini to play its V-wave Roulette to change the type randomly.

5) This game takes on a lot of 'Farming game' essence, if you know what I mean. You can construct your own facilities in the Paradise with Gurdurr's help, and you need to collect items and money (mostly from quests) as ingredients for Gurdurr to build them. These facilities are either berry-growing soil, move power-up gyms and so. You can also expand your land in a similar fashion. There seems to be 9 acres of land altogether and each holds like 3 facilities from what I can see. There are many facility options though, so I suppose you don't get to own all of them, just according to your choice, pretty much like the Joint Avenue in B2W2.

6) Cinccino's store creates specific 'Gifts' that makes Pokemon recruitment easier. These gifts are built upon raw ingredients like Gurdurr's, mostly from Berries and so. Apart from type-specific ones you get from boxes, Cinccino's are Pokemon-specific, like Archen-Gift and Vullaby-Gift. The option to create the gift appears once you have seen that Pokemon in a dungeon.

7) The dungeons this time have some 'outdoor areas'. You enter one floor, exit from the top of some cliff, and then enter another floor. In these 'outdoor areas', there may be wild Pokemon walking around too, but you can avoid them simply not by walking directly into them. They will not attack you unless you collide into them.

8) Tried out the MagmaGate thing. You basically find any circular object that is detectable by the camera and you randomly turn into a Pokemon to start exploration. It doesn't seem to tie to the main plot at all, but the items and cash you earn goes to your main game when you finish the dungeon. You can use the same object to access multiple dungeons. I have just tried 3 so far, and they vary in difficulty. They are rather difficult compared with the main one, I haven't actually beaten any of them yet, but there appears to be a boss Pokemon at the last floor. The only one I came across was a high level Audino. These dungeons you have accessed will be logged and you can access them again later.

=============

Plot wise, basically the same human turned into Pokemon thing, and your main character gets turned into a Pokemon after hearing a cry for help. You specifically see a Munna chased down by a Hydreigon, but it isn't clear if Munna is really the one crying out for help. You wake up, see your partner, and you accompany your partner to Quagsure, where you partner purchases a piece of barren land to start building a Pokemon Paradise. Quagsire takes you to the Town Center where all the stalls are, and you first get Gurdurr and his two Timburr young brothers to help you build a house. Gurdurr needs you to get some blue stones from a dungeon, but after you do so, a Scarggy snatches them away. You later find out that Gurdurr was just toying with you and never intended to help you, until his Timburr brothers reveal that Gurdurr actually was a famous architect but suffered from some back injury which made him partially disabled. He turned into the evil business afterwards, but you and your partner manage to convince him to take up his old job again, and so you get your house.

The town gets set up, and you get your first mission to find a Dunsparce. You meet Dunsparce's friend Emolga on your quest. After you succeed, every goes back to Town and Virizion, an adventurer, visits. Everyone is infatuated by Virizion, and Dunsparce actually went missing earlier because it was trying to find a crystal to impress Virizion. Dunsparce requests to be friends with Virizion, but Virizion refuses and says she doesn't trust the thing called friendship. Dunsparce gets dishearted, Emolga infuriated, and some Pawniards tricked Dunsparce into yet another dungeon. You and your partner go rescue Dunsparce, and later Virizion brings everyone to help. At the end, you set up your team and to your surprise, not only Emolga and Dunsparce join you, but Virizion too.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
It begins...will continue on from where the demo left off. Won't be able to touch on the story myself much as my Japanese knowledge is rudimentary, but I'll leave that to Coronis and my translators
487024_378114308941529_483763557_n.jpg

There are 138 Pokémon available in the game before you hit the ending
You can recruit Pokémon in Magnagate Dungeons and they'll appear in your standard game

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Ivy Park is the Snivy DLC and is 3 star difficulty. It gets you the Grass Device. O
shawott DLC is also 3 Star and takes you to the Ocean Beach. It is filled with Water-types and gets you the Water device.
The Pikachu DLC is Shiny Land. It gets you the Electric Device.
Training Mountain is a 2 star mission and costs 200 Yen. It has you hunt for a specific seed, the Communication Seed.
Finally, the Skill - Treasure DLC is four star difficulty and has you go through thedungeon using Team Skills. You then get a chest to open in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.