• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii's Pokémon Masterclass #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGP_

Approved by Ragnarok | Round One | Round Two | Round Three | Finals | Results

XXQjeG6.png

Tournament hosted by BGP_

Introduction

Welcome one and all to Serebii's Pokémon Masterclass Tournament! This tournament ideally will pit the best of the best against each other to determine who rules the roost. Thirty-two people will be competing for the crown but there can only be one winner!

How will this go down?

After we receive thirty-two signups, the first round will commence. Each round will last a week but the first round will be divided into a four and three day period. If an opponent is inactive for the four days after Round One begins, they will be subbed out and the round will continue as normal for the remaining three days.

Tournament Rules
  • Matches will take place on Pokemon Showdown.
  • This tournament will be played with the 6th generation ORAS OU tier. Should a ban take place mid-round, the round will finish with the rules it started with, and the following will use the updated ban list.
  • All matches will be conducted in Singles format.
  • When filling out the application, you must list ONE registered PS name that you must use for the ENTIRE tournament.
  • Do not start matches until they are posted on the thread for the sake of betting.
Battle Clauses
  • Wi-Fi Clause: Team Preview must be enabled for all tournament matches.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Uber Clause: Pokémon that are in the Uber Tier are not allowed to be used.
  • Timed Battle: Select this clause when having all tournament matches.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have more than 1 Dragonite on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.
  • Best of Three: Each match will be played using this rule. Basically the first to defeat their opponent twice wins the game.

Sign-Ups

Use this form below to sign-up. In the first section, put your username AS IT APPEARS ON THE FORUM.

Code:
Battling:
Forum Name | PS Name

[I][SIZE=1]Substitute battlers will also use this form to apply.[/SIZE][/I]

Example of an application:
BGP_ | BGP

[B][U]Betting:[/U][/B]
If you want in betting, just say "In for betting" or something to that effect.

Main Participants

01. MMS | MeanMrSnorlax
02. phantomclaw | phantomclaw 8888
03. xDIRCIOx | xDIRCIOx
04. Eliteknight l Guardian of Auir
05. Clone™ | C1one
06. Mr.Y | Gevvaldro
07. Ger9119 | 2LTD
08. Saph~ | Saph
09. EZ Target? | ez target
10. Conquer Phoenix | Conquer Phoenix
11. Moonclawz | Moonclawz
12. Psilo | Psilo
13. Sparkbeat | Sparklebeat
14. Cryssy | CrystalNinetales
15. Burnerv2 | Burnerv2
16. nikkun | better butters

Substitutes

01. destroyer39 | Nepeta Leijon
02. Usatoday | usatoday

Betting

That's right, the fun doesn't end with the battling! A unique feature of the Pokemon Masterclass Tournament is that we will reward you for making predictions on the outcome of the matches!

How it works

Things will be run a little different this year to allow for people to at least have a day to send in bets. For the first round, on Monday at 12:00 AM GMT-5 I will release the matches on the thread, and people may then begin battling. However, Sunday at 12:00 AM, I will PM the betters the matchups. You can PM your bets at any time after that, but if a battle takes place before you submit your bets, you automatically lose your chance to win a bet in said battle. A whole day is given, so this should not be a problem.

For Round 2, once the final match of Round 1 is completed, I will try to quickly get the next matches setup and once again send them to the betters, allowing exactly one day to make bets. If we approach the round deadline, I will send the betters the next round's matchups exactly one day before the deadline. If a battle isn't finished, you can bet based on scenarios. For example, if persons A and B have yet to battle, and winner is to play person C, you can submit your bets like so:
1 vs. 2
3 vs. 4
If A wins, A vs. C. If B wins, B vs. C

This system will continue on throughout all the rounds as needed. As for deciding the winner, you will get X points for each correct bet you make, with X being the current round number. When making your first round predictions, I will allow you to bet on a winner for the whole tournament. If that person is in the final round and you stick with that bet, you will win an additional 5 points. Also, for the final round, you will be asked to predict the scores of each game in the bo3 as well. If there's a tie at the end of betting for the tournament, the tiebreaker will go as follows:
  1. Whoever guessed the correct champion.
  2. Whoever's Bo3 score was closer. (2-1, 2-0)
  3. Whoever's total score of all 2/3 games is closer. (4-0, 0-3, 5-0 for 9-3)
  4. Whoever submitted their bet first.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to clarify.

01. MMS
02. Kitt Geekazaru
03. xDIRCIOx
04. Eliteknight
05. Clone™
06. Saph~
07. Moonclawz
08. Psilo
09. Sparkbeat
10. Burnerv2
11. destroyer39

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: My opponent is inactive? What do I do to avoid disqualification?
A: If you have PM'd your opponent and they do not respond, mark your activity by PMing/VMing me and/or posting on this thread so we can see you are the more active of the two. It is advised that you communicate through VM's so your activity can be measured unless you are unable to.​

Q: May I participate in betting if I'm in the tournament?
A: Yes, you may participate in betting if you are in the tournament.​

Q: I'm going to be away for the first few days of Round One. What can I do to avoid being subbed out?
A: Uh, then don't sign up. =/​

~~~
BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE =]
~~~​

Last edited:

Snorby

Snorby
MMS | MeanMrSnorlax

In for betting :]

BGP_

MMS | MeanMrSnorlax

In for betting :]

In for betting. I'll participate if you're really desperate.

phantomclaw | phantomclaw 8888

xDIRCIOx | xDIRCIOx

Betting :)

Eliteknight l Guardian of Auir

In for betting

Clone | C1one

Might as well bet too =]

Mr.Y | Gevvaldro
Added you all, 26 spots left to go.

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
Saph~ | Saph