• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serena and Ash's Journeys are parallel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheScentedApple

Hey everyone!
I didn't really know where to post this soooo here it is!
So first off Serena and Ash both lose their first part of their respective goals
Serena loses her first tripokalon and Ash loses his first Kalos gym battle against Viola but then after some training (Fennekin evolving and help from Clemont and Alexa) they come back victorious.
Then Ash goes through 6 more gyms victorious and serena really only gets one more win.
Then when it come to getting their final badge/ princess key they both lose and go off for training (Eevee evolves into Sylveon and Ash masters Ash-Greninja) they come back and win.
Then heres where the speculation starts
In the master class (which can be seen as parallel to the Kalos League) Serena goes through to the semi finals where she has to compete against Shauna (probably her main rival/friend) and then goes up against Aria (someone who she has never beaten) annnnnd she loses.
So, if we were to look at this then it would mean that in the semi finals Ash goes up against his main rival Sawyer (which he does) and then IF (probably will but IF) he does progress through to the final it will be against someone that he has never won against and that person is Alain. But if Serena lost at the final then that probably is going to mean that Ash is and hes going to beat Alain sometime during the team flare arc climax

The only hole in this theory is that their captures aren't really the same (idk) and that Serena goes up against Miette in the first round of the Master Class and it looks like Ash doesn't have any rivals to go up against before the semi finals (theyve all been fed to the likes of Sawyer and Alain)
K thanks for reading, tell me what you think

Navin

MALDREAD
Yes, there has been some degree of parallelism between Ash and Serena in XY.

And I don't know if this was done as an animation trick to save budget, but there definitely have been multiple visual parallels between both of them this series.

Acrobatics

Sky Master
Yes, there has been some degree of parallelism between Ash and Serena in XY.

And I don't know if this was done as an animation trick to save budget, but there definitely have been multiple visual parallels between both of them this series.

What do you mean visual parallels?

Torterraaaa

Hmm, when you point it out that is quite similar, though it could be coincidence. One thing though, is that Aria was the Kalos Queen, ie the equivalent of the Champion. I think Serena's battle with her would be more analogous to Ash facing Diantha again and losing.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
That actually is kinda interesting. I wonder if anyone in the Amourshipping thread has ever brought this up. Be an interesting topic of discussion for them.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
No, they are not parallel at all. There may have been some coincidences but that is it. Both journeys and trainers are completely separate and different to each other.

Akashin

No, they are not parallel at all. There may have been some coincidences but that is it. Both journeys and trainers are completely separate and different to each other.

...Besides the similarities clearly pointed out, I assume you mean. Whether or not the similarities are deeper than coincidence and whether it means the end result will be the same or not is debatable, of course.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Ash winning the league doesn't mean Serena would win and Serena winning the showcase doesn't mean Ash would win the league. Both of them could lose which is likely since Ash and the female companion are known to lose at their respective competition. One could win while the other loses. I don't see either winning in my opinion.

TheScentedApple

Ash winning the league doesn't mean Serena would win and Serena winning the showcase doesn't mean Ash would win the league. Both of them could lose which is likely since Ash and the female companion are known to lose at their respective competition. One could win while the other loses. I don't see either winning in my opinion.

I think thats what I was trying to get at haha...

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Are some rhymes and parallels in specific themes, but I mostly find them in the OP scenes. Such as Serena grasping the sun, Ash having tears in his eye, etc. Other than that, there is nothing really similar between the two beyond the normal career competition plot you generally see in other characters. Though I do see them complementing each other in other ways such as Serena and Ash inspiring each other.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Storywise: No. Serena's story is an arc about a girl finding out what she wants to do and overcoming insecurity. Ash from the getgo knew what he wanted to become and is probably best defined by his determined attitude.

There might be beats that coincide: Ash losing his first attempt at the Santalune Gym, and Serena losing her first Tripokalon, but that doesn't mean that their stories are parallel at all. Their stories aren't even on the same page.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Storywise: No. Serena's story is an arc about a girl finding out what she wants to do and overcoming insecurity. Ash from the getgo knew what he wanted to become and is probably best defined by his determined attitude.

There might be beats that coincide: Ash losing his first attempt at the Santalune Gym, and Serena losing her first Tripokalon, but that doesn't mean that their stories are parallel at all. Their stories aren't even on the same page.

tbh I think Dawn's story is more of a parallel to Ash's story than Serena's. She pretty much knew what she wanted to do from the beginning as well and became overconfident.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
tbh I think Dawn's story is more of a parallel to Ash's story than Serena's. She pretty much knew what she wanted to do from the beginning as well and became overconfident.

Dawn, in general is like a female version of Ash but one that focuses on Contests rather than battles

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

Yea Serena was too indecisive when she first emerged, so I don't think she's like Ash, at least not in the beginning. But she did develop her own goal eventually and I feel like Ash really helped to inspire and support her. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.