• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serena Catches Her First Pokémon!? Pancham VS Fennekin!! (850)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Pancham was really a handful wasn't he ha ha. I like it when Serena's active and when she battles, so I was so proud of how she set out to catch Pancham here. :D

JudySpell

Banned
Shauna appearing made this episode perfect. I didn't like the Pancham much at 1st but it grew on me once Serena managed to catch it after battling it. 7.5/10

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Since I'm seeing this episode way after it first aired and have gotten to see how nearly the whole XY saga plays out, it always seemed like pancham was an odd fit for Serena, compared to Fennekin and *SPOILER* sylveon, but at least I can see where it does fit as part of her team since it likes to perform. I'm glad Serena finally got a second pokemon, it was a loooooonnnggg time coming. I was also glad to see Shauna again. I'm also glad that both Serena and Jessie got to see a Performance, opening up their storylines, and Serena finally finding a goal. If there was one weakness, it's that we barely got to see the Performance at all before pancham ruined it.

8/10

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
It was good to see Serena finally get some character development, that and her new Pancham was epic. I loved seeing it doing back flips. It's good to see that it can also hold its own in battle as well. Anyway, great episode.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was pleased to see Sana again, as well as watching her and Serena witnessing a TryPokaron competition. Elle was amazing on-stage, and as soon as Yancham dropped in, I kind of knew that he was a fan of performing. Him stealing people's things pretty much proved that he liked attention, and I'm glad he was captured.

Alloutℯ

Banned
It's great that they showed the obvious, Jessie would like to perform as well. Clemont without glasses was also so funny and cute. I like how they had him constantly squinting - just like how real people do when they lose their glasses. Nice detail there.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Looking back, it's somewhat odd that Serena captured Yancham in this episode rather than during Yancham's debut episode in the bamboo forest. The fact that the writers waited this long to give Serena her second Pokemon was a flaw in XY's pacing.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Looking back, it's somewhat odd that Serena captured Yancham in this episode rather than during Yancham's debut episode in the bamboo forest. The fact that the writers waited this long to give Serena her second Pokemon was a flaw in XY's pacing.

I think it's more a flaw of how the writers are priotizing the characters from the recent region arcs. As of SM062, the main boys outside of Satoshi have 2 Pokemons, excluding riding Pokemon, while the main girls only have one Pokemon. Yet people didn't complain about them having few Pokemons, unlike Serena.

Last edited:
It was great to see Serena finally obtain a new Pokemon since I always felt Fennekin was going to be lonely, and Pancham is definitely a Pokemon that suits her goal well. Strange how for the first time a Pokémon is better at a main character's primary interest than the main character itself.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Strange how for the first time a Pokémon is better at a main character's primary interest than the main character itself.

I wouldn't say that Yancham was better at performing than Serena. While Serena lacked experience, she at least knew what direction to take for TryPokaron, while Yancham seemed like a free spirit who was running wild.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
-Clemont’s Chespin truly has a mind of his own.

-Shauna reminds me a lot of Bianca. Tell me I’m not the only one who believes this!

-Every time I watch XY, I start summing the various Kalos game themes that play in the background.

-Pancham is truly a ham. This is great. Breakdancing in the middle of a pageant!

-HE’S A SAVAGE BOI

-Clemont is me when I’ve lost my glasses. Half the time, they’re on my head or otherwise nearby, but that’s beside the point.

-Pancham is a hoarder. Got it.

-TSUNDERE PANDA I’M DEAD

TRULY THE BEST POKÉMON IN THE SERIES

-Jessie’s voice as she’s describing her evil plan to become Kalos Queen is priceless. Priceless. Team Rocket are truly lovable.

-Pumpkaboos bounce!

-Clemont’s goal is to make people and Pokémon happy through SCIENCE!

I approve.

-Clemont’s Chespin truly has a mind of his own.

-Shauna reminds me a lot of Bianca. Tell me I’m not the only one who believes this!

-Every time I watch XY, I start summing the various Kalos game themes that play in the background.

-Pancham is truly a ham. This is great. Breakdancing in the middle of a pageant!

-HE’S A SAVAGE BOI

-Clemont is me when I’ve lost my glasses. Half the time, they’re on my head or otherwise nearby, but that’s beside the point.

-Pancham is a hoarder. Got it.

-TSUNDERE PANDA I’M DEAD

TRULY THE BEST POKÉMON IN THE SERIES

-Jessie’s voice as she’s describing her evil plan to become Kalos Queen is priceless. Priceless. Team Rocket are truly lovable.

-Pumpkaboos bounce!

-Clemont’s goal is to make people and Pokémon happy through SCIENCE!

I approve.
YES PANCHAM SUPREMACY

SWAG PANCHAM