• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serena Catches Her First Pokémon!? Pancham VS Fennekin!! (850)

zhixun

But isn't pointless violence between super powerful animals the heart and soul of Pokemon? Seriously, I thought the headbutt was cool.

Something I'm curious about is Doryuzuu calling otakus 'perverts and pedophiles'. Wasn't there some other word for that? I mean, I thought that otaku means 'nerd'.

I like the headbutt too but some people here are very against Serena using physical attacks in the future. I would like to see Serena do less battling or Musashi will continue to think that she is violent.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I would like to see Serena do less battling or Musashi will continue to think that she is violent.

Why exactly does Jessie's opinion matter? She's done way worse things than tackling a Pokemon; she's a criminal ffs. Why is Serena in the wrong for defending a Pokemon here?

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I like the headbutt too but some people here are very against Serena using physical attacks in the future. I would like to see Serena do less battling or Musashi will continue to think that she is violent.

Eh, I don't care what Musashi thinks! All we need is Satoshi using his aura, and we're set!

TimerRabbit

Espurr Trainer!
Wow. I never felt this excited for a Serena episode, but maybe it's because of that little Pamcham who loves to perform! Yay!

Not much to say, but all I can say is "wow" when Serena forces to push that Pumpkaboo like a boss! And now our lady protagonist has a dream goal! :3

RVD_fan

Late to the party, but I though this was a pretty good capture episode. I'm torn on Team Rocket's presence, because it did let Pancham show off, but the final battle could have used a bit more time.

Navin

MALDREAD
Finally saw this episode. Here's the review.

Pros:
* Pancham and its mischievous nature rocked the show. I hope it keeps up that personality in the future and it's not subdued now that it gets to do what it wants in Performing. It'll make some fun interactions with Serena.
* Serena taking initiative and wanting to capture Pancham, via battling no less. It definitely showed growth from her end. I loved how she tackled Inkay too, that was great.
* Glassesless Clemont. Top kek.
* I was worried for a second that the writers were going to cop-out and make it easy for Serena to capture Pancham that easily after just one attack from Fennekin. I liked the touch of having that capture fail. It made it more realistic to the games where more damage is needed.

Neutral:
* Probably an episode where TR's presence was okay just to serve as Team Plot Device for Pancham and Serena's bond to grow.

Cons:
* So you're telling me that was the best the Kalos Queen can perform? Playing catch with Braixen's stick? Eh, the Pokemon Performing didn't look all that entertaining. Here's to hoping it'll be showcased a lot better once Serena starts performing.
* This isn't really a con, but I was hoping from the very beginning of XY that Serena would catch Pancham and her heavy/big guy/powerhouse would be Pangoro. However, not sure if Pancham will evolve or not. Although Serena performing with a huge Pangoro would be hilarious and awesome.

Overall, a much-needed big step forward for Serena. 7.5/10.

Vernikova

Champion
I liked this episode. Don't really are for the design of the Pancham line, but I'm happy that Serena stepped up here.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I am not so sure that performances can replace contests but it was a good episode for Serena. (a line up expansion was long overdue)

Other than some Serena development as well as her catching her first pokemon, this was not really that interesting of an episode for me.

Vipsoccermaster

Great episode for Serena! Also nice to see that Serena caught Pancham, too. It really likes to perform, it made sense when Serena found out why.

Other parts of the episode was good, too.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Overall this ep was ok. Serena was as attractive as usual (especially from Panchem's view) and Panchem's breakdancing was sooooo cute! I hope Serena is able to help refine it as it could work for future contests.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Finally got to see this episode for the 1st time. It's now one of my favorite episodes in the entire series so far. Pancham was awesome and hilarious, especially when it stole Clemont's glasses and Ash's hat. Team Rocket felt unneeded again in this episode, and it was really cool to see Serena acting determined to capture Pancham, she almost reminded me of Dawn. The battle was really good, and it seems Serena is a natural at battles, she really did well in it. I'm glad that she captured her Pancham and I'm looking forward to seeing Serena training Fennekin and Pancham for their showcase performances. 10/10

Lady Umbreon

So you're telling me that was the best the Kalos Queen can perform? Playing catch with Braixen's stick? Eh, the Pokemon Performing didn't look all that entertaining. Here's to hoping it'll be showcased a lot better once Serena starts performing.

Aria was there to warm up the crowd. If she'd done something huge it might have dwarfed the actual competitors' performances.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I loved this episode. It was great to see Serena finally get a new Pokemon.
Seeing Shauna again was nice too,

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
So we got a glimmer of the Pokémon showcase which to me seems to be an appeals round with additional razz-ma-tazz but I would like to see more before I pass judgement.

I really like Pancham. It has an amazing, cheeky personality and I can only see it adding to Serena, her team and the rest of the group. Also, Serena caught her first Pokémon which is great but I do wonder how many Pokémon she will catch.

Great episode, onto the next one!

Oh yeah, that's right, Fennekin was still the only other Pokemon Sarena had until now, wasn't it?

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Nice to see Shauna again. Her voice actor is improving, slowly but surely.

Glad this episode is Serena focused, and she's made up her mind on what she wants to do as a goal. I also hope Jessie participates in these performances as well.

When Team Rocket attacked, I was surprised that Serena had attacked Jessie' Pumpkaboo to defend the Pokemon. You don't see that every day. I love how the XY anime takes some risks.

Pancham is way too cute, and a rebel; a good fit for Serena. Can't wait to see more of these Pokemon Showcases.