• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serena the Kalos Queen fan club v2~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motor Bug2005

Someone knows when the amourshipping thread is back open? I'm so bored right now :p. Is it possible to continue the thread here? Or is this only about KQ

If past shipping thread closures are anything to go (this goes for all ships), the new thread will appear no later than a week after the previous thread's closure. We just need to be patient.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Someone knows when the amourshipping thread is back open? I'm so bored right now :p. Is it possible to continue the thread here? Or is this only about KQ

Amourshipping discussion is allowed since it's part of Serenas character, but it can't really replace the Amourshipping thread. This thread is more about Serena and her character individually. Anyways the new thread should be made soon.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
If past shipping thread closures are anything to go (this goes for all ships), the new thread will appear no later than a week after the previous thread's closure. We just need to be patient.

The Staff said it would be open later, so I guess they won't make a new thread. All those pages, all lost. Would be so sad

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Serena fan club? I'll join!

Username: JustAStatistic

Why I like Serena: Was drawn in by Amourshipping, but I really started liking her around the summer camp arc. I like her personality, her design (short hair>long hair though), and the hilarious faces she makes.
She could have been so much better, and she still has so much potential.

Serena4Alola: I'd honestly not have her go to Alola with Ash. My hopeless dream is that they start a new anime that runs side-by-side with the main, and have this second anime star Serena. Wishful thinking, I know, but I actually had it all thought out.

The Staff said it would be open later, so I guess they won't make a new thread. All those pages, all lost. Would be so sad

Was this one actually that long? I remember the first one topping a thousand pages. It was crazy, full of spam, but so much fun.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Alright guys stay on track and let's continue the discussion about Serena and her possible departure.

Does anyone think that if she does leave with Shauna that she could still train with Palermo afterwards? I'm thinking this is what may happen and I think Shauna could possibly tag along and give Serena support or possibly get mentored by Palermo as well.

Serena fan club? I'll join!

Username: JustAStatistic

Why I like Serena: Was drawn in by Amourshipping, but I really started liking her around the summer camp arc. I like her personality, her design (short hair>long hair though), and the hilarious faces she makes.
She could have been so much better, and she still has so much potential.

Serena4Alola: I'd honestly not have her go to Alola with Ash. My hopeless dream is that they start a new anime that runs side-by-side with the main, and have this second anime star Serena. Wishful thinking, I know, but I actually had it all thought out.

Was this one actually that long? I remember the first one topping a thousand pages. It was crazy, full of spam, but so much fun.

Oh and welcome to the club!

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm adding some gifs for you guys for the collection of the Serena club, all searched through google so here you guys are!
giphy.gif

tumblr_n3ts575Vq51r7banto1_500.gif

tumblr_njb9xggJwa1sr6y44o1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_n7nc76xud31svphrj.gif

AkDu0P.gif

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_36vfaaqo812ccgk0csowc4wok_640.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_o5psyzz19s1rt5lauo3_500.gif

What do you guys think? I'll probably be adding more pictures soon as well and these will be posted in the first post of the club. I'll also add a new topic question as well if anyone wants to take part in more discussions.

Have you read any fanfics with Serena in them?

I have read quite a few fanfics that Serena was in. Some of them involve amourshipping, and I also looked around a few times for fanfics where Serena met and interacted with Paul or N since I'd like to see character interactions between them as I find it interesting.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Alright guys stay on track and let's continue the discussion about Serena and her possible departure.

Does anyone think that if she does leave with Shauna that she could still train with Palermo afterwards? I'm thinking this is what may happen and I think Shauna could possibly tag along and give Serena support or possibly get mentored by Palermo as well.

I don't see how it couldn't, but do I want to see Palermo mentor her...NO! I have some thoughts on the matter for everyone and a question for the topic list, should spice things up a bit, anyway here it is:

To start, if the writers make her go train with Palermo...then I'd be inclined to throw some snowballs at them, Serena style!

First off, it'd be a bit hypocritical. Back when Ash was trying to win his 3rd badge, he wanted to imitate Tierno by using his rhythmic battle strategy, which required Ash to learn to dance. Serena tried to teach Ash to dance, it didn't really work out, so she told him that he has he own unique style. We know then that Ash looked up at Serena during the battle, realized this, and he won. It seems to me that Serena already understands that you have to be yourself and to not copy others to win. If she goes to train under Palermo, she would then be taking the same path as Aria did. Serena also came to realize that she was always on the receiving end of support and that's basically not the way. This also brings me to my question.

Do you think it would be uncharacteristic of Serena to go train with Palermo?

My answer is yes and this goes a little deeper. Serena has shown great strength and resolve on numerous occasions. It was really first showcased in episode 53 where she challenged her mom to a race and showed how determined she was to pursue her new goal. Episode 60 showed it even more when she had a breakdown, but ultimately, she bounced back without anyone's help. Ash already had hinted that she was strong too (before it happened). Episode 79, she rips her skirt, but doesn't give up (thank you Ash). Episode XYZ 8, Eevee takes a spill during the performance, but Serena keeps a smile to help reassure Eevee that its alright and they finished the performance. We also have the snowball scene too, etc...I think you get the picture.

The point is, that Serena doesn't need Palermo to become Kalos Queen, she can do it on her own with or without her friends. Taking Palermo's offer would be like the easy way out or the fast track toward becoming Kalos Queen. To me, that would be a little damaging to her character because of all the stuff she's done throughout the series. Don't get me wrong though, it is a great opportunity and Serena would learn alot probably, but it just wouldn't be right from this point of view. If the writers truly want Serena to be an even greater character, then they'll put her on a path that doesn't lead to Palermo.

I apologize if my post was a bit lengthy, but I just wanted to throw this out there. I mean this is Serena the Kalos Queen fan club after all. :)

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I'm adding some gifs for you guys for the collection of the Serena club, all searched through google so here you guys are!
giphy.gif

AkDu0P.gif

giphy.gif

What do you guys think? I'll probably be adding more pictures soon as well and these will be posted in the first post of the club. I'll also add a new topic question as well if anyone wants to take part in more discussions.

I've seen some of those gif's via google image search. Most of them are cute. My favorite is definitely the one of Serena (actually I think that's Mirror Serena XD ) throwing up her poke-ball <3

Typically, I read fanfics that have shipping involved, and there was once a time I was an Amourshipper, so yes I have. My favorite is "The Road to be a Pokemon Master" by FanaticLAguy06. Well, the Kanto arc most specifically. I still like his version of Amourshipping in it because he gets right some of the things wrong with the anime's version of Amourshipping.

And Serena actually actively battles in it, making her somewhat more suitable for Ash :D

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member

I've read some interesting ones where Paul and Serena have interactions. I'm such a big Paul fan. If Serena was to ever meet Paul in the anime I wonder what she would think of him.

Red Pheonix

giphy.gif

AkDu0P.gif

giphy.gif

I have read quite a few fanfics that Serena was in. Some of them involve amourshipping, and I also looked around a few times for fanfics where Serena met and interacted with Paul or N since I'd like to see character interactions between them as I find it interesting.

They are fantastic! My favourite are the pokeball throwing one and the Serena flashback.

I'm thinking of reading fanfics. But I just keep thinking about it and never get to read them.

I don't see how it couldn't, but do I want to see Palermo mentor her...NO! I have some thoughts on the matter for everyone and a question for the topic list, should spice things up a bit, anyway here it is:

To start, if the writers make her go train with Palermo...then I'd be inclined to throw some snowballs at them, Serena style!

First off, it'd be a bit hypocritical. Back when Ash was trying to win his 3rd badge, he wanted to imitate Tierno by using his rhythmic battle strategy, which required Ash to learn to dance. Serena tried to teach Ash to dance, it didn't really work out, so she told him that he has he own unique style. We know then that Ash looked up at Serena during the battle, realized this, and he won. It seems to me that Serena already understands that you have to be yourself and to not copy others to win. If she goes to train under Palermo, she would then be taking the same path as Aria did. Serena also came to realize that she was always on the receiving end of support and that's basically not the way. This also brings me to my question.

My answer is yes and this goes a little deeper. Serena has shown great strength and resolve on numerous occasions. It was really first showcased in episode 53 where she challenged her mom to a race and showed how determined she was to pursue her new goal. Episode 60 showed it even more when she had a breakdown, but ultimately, she bounced back without anyone's help. Ash already had hinted that she was strong too (before it happened). Episode 79, she rips her skirt, but doesn't give up (thank you Ash). Episode XYZ 8, Eevee takes a spill during the performance, but Serena keeps a smile to help reassure Eevee that its alright and they finished the performance. We also have the snowball scene too, etc...I think you get the picture.

The point is, that Serena doesn't need Palermo to become Kalos Queen, she can do it on her own with or without her friends. Taking Palermo's offer would be like the easy way out or the fast track toward becoming Kalos Queen. To me, that would be a little damaging to her character because of all the stuff she's done throughout the series. Don't get me wrong though, it is a great opportunity and Serena would learn alot probably, but it just wouldn't be right from this point of view. If the writers truly want Serena to be an even greater character, then they'll put her on a path that doesn't lead to Palermo.

I apologize if my post was a bit lengthy, but I just wanted to throw this out there. I mean this is Serena the Kalos Queen fan club after all. :)

You really explained my gut feelings about this matter. Thank God that she's going with Shauna. Granted, she would have gained a lot of what it requires to be the Kalos Queen from Palermo but I prefer her going on a journey with her BFF. All hail the Kalos Queen!

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Oh no worries at all :p
Anyways yeah I agree and it does make sense what you're saying. It seems like going with Shauna (if she is) is like her own way of trying to achieve her goal to become Kalos Queen.
I've seen some of those gif's via google image search. Most of them are cute. My favorite is definitely the one of Serena (actually I think that's Mirror Serena XD ) throwing up her poke-ball <3

Typically, I read fanfics that have shipping involved, and there was once a time I was an Amourshipper, so yes I have. My favorite is "The Road to be a Pokemon Master" by FanaticLAguy06. Well, the Kanto arc most specifically. I still like his version of Amourshipping in it because he gets right some of the things wrong with the anime's version of Amourshipping.

And Serena actually actively battles in it, making her somewhat more suitable for Ash :D
Thanks!
And I gotta check that fanfic out. I'm a sucker for seeing Serena actively battling :p

I've read some interesting ones where Paul and Serena have interactions. I'm such a big Paul fan. If Serena was to ever meet Paul in the anime I wonder what she would think of him.
Same here. I gotta look for some soon! Anyways I think she might be annoyed by him especially if she's around when he insults Ash.
They are fantastic! My favourite are the pokeball throwing one and the Serena flashback.

I'm thinking of reading fanfics. But I just keep thinking about it and never get to read them.

You really explained my gut feelings about this matter. Thank God that she's going with Shauna. Granted, she would have gained a lot of what it requires to be the Kalos Queen from Palermo but I prefer her going on a journey with her BFF. All hail the Kalos Queen!

Thank you!
I think I'll look for Serena fanfics today when I get home.

Red Pheonix

Now, for something a bit negetive.

Who else hates the fact Serena doesn't get to finish her battles?

I mean I can accept that she's not so good with battling but for God's sake, at least give her a freaking chance! Idk, how many times this happened, but the one that stuck out for me was the cosplay episode. She was having an awesome battle with the Pika Rocker and they had to ruin it! Why writers? Why must you snatch away her chance to finish things off?

The TF arc sort of makes up for it though. Yeah, her Braixen gets smacked out of the sky several times but so are Sycamore's Garchomp and Steven's Metagross. Oh and who else thought Braixen riding Metagross was cool?

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
giphy.gif

AkDu0P.gif

giphy.gif

Nice job here! I like the banners :D And I don't read fanfics Because I hate them because I want to know what happens first to Serena before reading new stories and new endings.
Always go for the offcial stuff before the fan written stuff :D

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns

Cool gifs! I really like the one from episode 60 where Serena is having flashbacks of moments before she cuts her hair.

As for fanfics, I only started to read some about 3 weeks ago. The ones that I read were written by Epicocity (the ones in his signature) and they have Amourshipping in them. However, his 2 long stories, Love in the Time of Teamwork and the Turbulence one had some powerful Serena moments in them.

Now, for something a bit negetive.

I mean I can accept that she's not so good with battling but for God's sake, at least give her a freaking chance! Idk, how many times this happened, but the one that stuck out for me was the cosplay episode. She was having an awesome battle with the Pika Rocker and they had to ruin it! Why writers? Why must you snatch away her chance to finish things off?

The TF arc sort of makes up for it though. Yeah, her Braixen gets smacked out of the sky several times but so are Sycamore's Garchomp and Steven's Metagross. Oh and who else thought Braixen riding Metagross was cool?
That's something that always bothered me and it's something that people are always quick to point out when reviewing her as a Pokegirl. I actually think should could be a good battler after watching all of Ash's gym matches closely. I really liked that the writers threw in that moment of her remember a strategy from Ash when she was battling with Pikachu in the cosplay episode. As for the TF arc, yeah that moment was good.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Nice job here! I like the banners :D And I don't read fanfics Because I hate them because I want to know what happens first to Serena before reading new stories and new endings.
Always go for the offcial stuff before the fan written stuff :D

Cool gifs! I really like the one from episode 60 where Serena is having flashbacks of moments before she cuts her hair.

As for fanfics, I only started to read some about 3 weeks ago. The ones that I read were written by Epicocity (the ones in his signature) and they have Amourshipping in them. However, his 2 long stories, Love in the Time of Teamwork and the Turbulence one had some powerful Serena moments in them.

That's something that always bothered me and it's something that people are always quick to point out when reviewing her as a Pokegirl. I actually think should could be a good battler after watching all of Ash's gym matches closely. I really liked that the writers threw in that moment of her remember a strategy from Ash when she was battling with Pikachu in the cosplay episode. As for the TF arc, yeah that moment was good.

Thank you!

Yeah I don't like it much either. I wish that she battled more and gotten some more wins as well because in the battles she is in she is a good battler. The battles she finished were really good though and I think she won 2 of them. I really wished that they let her finish the battle and save the day when she was dressed up as Ash.

FulgoreX

Banned
Its obvious Serena isn't in the beginning of Sun/Moon, but I hope they do the same thing they did with Dawn during BW2 and give her a lengthy return, or better yet have her enroll in Ash's school so she stays the rest of the season.

Remember episodes are scripted/animated 6-7 months before they air on TV, if there is any backlash over Serena leaving the writers won't be able to do anything about it till mid-2017 at the earliest. I guess it mainly depends on how the Japanese fanbase reacts to Sun/Moon over XY, with the change in art style and Serena leaving. They're really the only thing that depends on Serena getting a revival.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Its obvious Serena isn't in the beginning of Sun/Moon, but I hope they do the same thing they did with Dawn during BW2 and give her a lengthy return, or better yet have her enroll in Ash's school so she stays the rest of the season.

Remember episodes are scripted/animated 6-7 months before they air on TV, if there is any backlash over Serena leaving the writers won't be able to do anything about it till mid-2017 at the earliest. I guess it mainly depends on how the Japanese fanbase reacts to Sun/Moon over XY, with the change in art style and Serena leaving. They're really the only thing that depends on Serena getting a revival.

I'd love it if Serena returned and enrolls in Ash's school. Maybe Palermo/Shauna suggests her to do it or something.

I'm not really sure that will happen though. They very well may like the new style so they may not need to bring Serena back for that reason.

I want her back for the interesting interactions she'll have with other characters in SM.

Status
Not open for further replies.