• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serena the Kalos Queen fan club v2~

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCW18

Go, Explotaro!
I'd love to join, please :D

Username: JCW18

Why I like Serena: Because she is the most relatable poke girl to date. For me particularly it was her trying to figure out what she wanted to do, since I shared a similar experience. It's also that she is levelheaded, calm, and sofspoken as well

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'd love to join, please :D

Username: JCW18

Why I like Serena: Because she is the most relatable poke girl to date. For me particularly it was her trying to figure out what she wanted to do, since I shared a similar experience. It's also that she is levelheaded, calm, and sofspoken as well

Sure you can join, welcome! :D

She's really relatable to me as well for similar reasons. I'm still trying to figure out what my future is and I have a similar personality to her as well. My hair color is also somewhat similar to her hair color as well XD

FulgoreX

Banned
Serena has somehow managed to go all 3 years of XY without finding out Ash traveled with girls before her. Since Iris didn't get a cameo and none of the other girls were referenced or brought up, Serena has no idea about any of them.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Serena has somehow managed to go all 3 years of XY without finding out Ash traveled with girls before her. Since Iris didn't get a cameo and none of the other girls were referenced or brought up, Serena has no idea about any of them.

I really wish that she met Iris. I wanted to see how the two would interact. No doubt it would have been entertaining and interesting. I'm still hoping for them to meet if Serena gets a post XYZ series special or if there is some kind of 20th anniversary thing. I would have also liked for her to meet Dawn and Misty as well, but not for shipping purposes lol.

FulgoreX

Banned
I really wish that she met Iris. I wanted to see how the two would interact. No doubt it would have been entertaining and interesting. I'm still hoping for them to meet if Serena gets a post XYZ series special or if there is some kind of 20th anniversary thing. I would have also liked for her to meet Dawn and Misty as well, but not for shipping purposes lol.

Perhaps Iris and Serena meeting would have been too identical to Dawn/Iris, since its the same thing of Iris meeting a girly girl.

Dawn and Serena meeting would have a lot in common because they're both very girly and care a lot about fashion. Misty and Serena have virtually nothing in common, and plus you'd have Poke and Amour shippers at each others throats, so its for the best Misty never met Serena. Misty never really had any reason to meet any of Ash's recent companions to be honest.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Perhaps Iris and Serena meeting would have been too identical to Dawn/Iris, since its the same thing of Iris meeting a girly girl.

Dawn and Serena meeting would have a lot in common because they're both very girly and care a lot about fashion. Misty and Serena have virtually nothing in common, and plus you'd have Poke and Amour shippers at each others throats, so its for the best Misty never met Serena. Misty never really had any reason to meet any of Ash's recent companions to be honest.

That could have been it, but I still wanted to see them meet regardless :p

I could see Dawn and Serena getting along very well if they ever meet. As for Misty I think mostly everyone would be surprised by their interactions. I think they would be extremely interesting to see and I doubt they would fight over Ash or whatever the shippers want to see. I think they would get along extremely well lol.

Anyways I just found this image made by WillDynamo55 on deviantart and I thought I'd like to share it with everyone on here. And lol it seems like her hair is starting to grow back a little XD

serena_relaxing_with_her_legs_in_water_by_willdynamo55-da5q3li.jpg

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
That could have been it, but I still wanted to see them meet regardless :p

I could see Dawn and Serena getting along very well if they ever meet. As for Misty I think mostly everyone would be surprised by their interactions. I think they would be extremely interesting to see and I doubt they would fight over Ash or whatever the shippers want to see. I think they would get along extremely well lol.

Anyways I just found this image made by WillDynamo55 on deviantart and I thought I'd like to share it with everyone on here. And lol it seems like her hair is starting to grow back a little XD

serena_relaxing_with_her_legs_in_water_by_willdynamo55-da5q3li.jpg

Made? I remember this episode, it's not possible xD. XYZ 123, at the end, they are swimming in the pool of Florgess. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGTy9R9vm-0 Skip to 19:00.
It's not really a fanmade picture, but he cut away Clemont xD. Poor Clemont. And about her hair, that would be funny if her hair was back to normal at the end of the series. But they don't grow, just like their age :D

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Ya know I was thinking...and I don't think it's been discussed here yet, but I think it could make for a good topic/question.

Which of Serena's performances were your favorite and how would you rank them?

The obvious choice is probably her last one in the Master Class final vs Aria for a favorite, but I really liked her 5th one too, where she won her 3rd princess key. Alot of people have said that every performance she did is similar, but there are subtle differences which I've seen. I guess you have to be a fan of Serena or performances to spot them lol. Anyway, here's how I'd rank them:

1. Master Class final vs Aria
2. Fleurrh City, her 3rd win
3. Dendimille Town, her 1st win
4. Master Class semifinal vs Shauna
5. Couriway Town, Eevee's debut
6. Anistar City, her 2nd win

I guess if you wanted to throw 1 more in, you could say the one that she put on for Eevee during the capture episode. Also, if anyone is wondering, the reason I put the Anistar one last is because Eevee stole some of the spotlight and they didn't really show much of Serena's performance. It was great that she won though of course. I hope I didn't miss any btw!

Heekful

Ya know I was thinking...and I don't think it's been discussed here yet, but I think it could make for a good topic/question.

The obvious choice is probably her last one in the Master Class final vs Aria for a favorite, but I really liked her 5th one too, where she won her 3rd princess key. Alot of people have said that every performance she did is similar, but there are subtle differences which I've seen. I guess you have to be a fan of Serena or performances to spot them lol. Anyway, here's how I'd rank them:

1. Master Class final vs Aria
2. Fleurrh City, her 3rd win
3. Dendimille Town, her 1st win
4. Master Class semifinal vs Shauna
5. Couriway Town, Eevee's debut
6. Anistar City, her 2nd win

I guess if you wanted to throw 1 more in, you could say the one that she put on for Eevee during the capture episode. Also, if anyone is wondering, the reason I put the Anistar one last is because Eevee stole some of the spotlight and they didn't really show much of Serena's performance. It was great that she won though of course. I hope I didn't miss any btw!

1. 3rd win (5th performance) I really loved the animations and Serena looks amazing with her Sylveon (and I love how before the performance , Sylveon was bad and Serena comforted her)
2. Master class vs Aria (even if I hate watch it because for me this performance was freewin but... Pokemon and the writers you know?)
3. 1st win (not really for the performance but for the never give up till the end attitude against Jessie)
4. The first Tripokalon of Evee , I liked the animations and how Serena was using Braixen's stick
5. 2nd win just because I like the college outfit and her heels lol ! But the performe wasn't as good as the others imo

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
For me her first win and the Master Class finals are tied as my favorites. The first one that she won felt most unique since she was wearing that dress given to her from Valerie and it marked her first milestone as a performer. I liked the Master Class finals as well since she made it to the finals and her performance was the best I've seen her do and she did it flawlessly with an injured wrist as well.
The others were nice as well and I liked her first ever Showcase that she lost, she then cut her hair as part of her new found determination to become Kalos Queen.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I really enjoyed Master Class and her performance against Aria. Her 1st win was also great.

I also can't forget her 3rd win. The animation was so well done.

Serena and Sylveon have such a good bond. Serena has always treated her Pokemon good.

Heekful

I really enjoyed Master Class and her performance against Aria. Her 1st win was also great.

I also can't forget her 3rd win. The animation was so well done.

Serena and Sylveon have such a good bond. Serena has always treated her Pokemon good.

Yeah I agree about Serena and Sylveon , so bad that the writers forgot about Sylveon after the master class (No screentime between XYZ22 - XYZ36) and it's one of the most popular Pokemon in Japan atm (top5) , that's really weird.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
I also agree about the bond between Sylveon and Serena. Like Clemont said during the episode, it has to be especially close to it trainer for that evolution to happen. Was a nice touch by the writers to further show how much Serena cares for Pokémon. I like the trio she has now, but I do wish she would've caught at least 1 more Pokémon. Maybe when she arrives in Alola, she could get a Comfey or if they have Ponyta there, I definitely like to see her have a Rapidash one day. I mean I know she has a fire type already, but Serena is good at riding Pokémon and it could also open up some possibilities if she does performances outdoors too.

Red Pheonix

I also agree about the bond between Sylveon and Serena. Like Clemont said during the episode, it has to be especially close to it trainer for that evolution to happen. Was a nice touch by the writers to further show how much Serena cares for Pokémon. I like the trio she has now, but I do wish she would've caught at least 1 more Pokémon. Maybe when she arrives in Alola, she could get a Comfey or if they have Ponyta there, I definitely like to see her have a Rapidash one day. I mean I know she has a fire type already, but Serena is good at riding Pokémon and it could also open up some possibilities if she does performances outdoors too.

Serena in a Rapidash, why didn't someone think of this before?

As for the performance, do you mean the performance itself or the whole episode? I'm not a big fan of the actual performance but I like everything around them. Like how Serena works towards them or her interactions with her pokemon. If you're talking about the episodes, my top pick is a tie between her her 1st win and the masterclass. Her debut comes second, simply for the haircut scene.

I like to bring a bit odd question-

Do you think the name "Serena" fits with Serena?

Heekful

As for the performance, do you mean the performance itself or the whole episode? I'm not a big fan of the actual performance but I like everything around them. Like how Serena works towards them or her interactions with her pokemon. If you're talking about the episodes, my top pick is a tie between her her 1st win and the masterclass. Her debut comes second, simply for the haircut scene.

I found this question funny because I live in France and Serena is supposed to be a "french girl alike" (more in the games but still) and I have never seen a girl named "Serena" in France , it is not a current name here but yeah that's a cool name.

Red Pheonix

I found this question funny because I live in France and Serena is supposed to be a "french girl alike" (more in the games but still) and I have never seen a girl named "Serena" in France , it is not a current name here but yeah that's a cool name.

Oh the irony........

Speaking of which, you are French, right? You can tell how "French" Serena is, right?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
To me it does. I think it's a cute name that suits her quite well actually. It sounds elegant enough as well. I prefer it over Y/Yvonne, which is used as her name in the adventures manga and it sounds more natural to me as a name.

Heekful

Oh the irony........

Speaking of which, you are French, right? You can tell how "French" Serena is, right?

I didn't really get what you meant but yeah I'm french and Serena is not a french name xD french name is like : Camille , Sarah , Samantha etc... Kinda ironic when Serena is supposed to be a french girl lol.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns

I meant the actual performances themselves.

As for her name, I like it. Serena comes from the word Serene, which means calm and peaceful. We usually never see her get angry, unless she's pushed too far (her Pokemon fighting, Ash lashing out, or TR being annoying). I think it fits her well.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
I didn't really get what you meant but yeah I'm french and Serena is not a french name xD french name is like : Camille , Sarah , Samantha etc... Kinda ironic when Serena is supposed to be a french girl lol.

But atleast some of the other boyz and grilz were xD. Clemont and Bonnie is kinda French I think? Miette and Shauna are French. Although Tierno and Trevor are kinda not? Pierre is, Aria not, Sycamore... That's not even a name that exists xD. Grace, is not. I think they didn't really base their names of France, only the landscape and the whole region.

TBH Serena is kinda used in France: http://www.behindthename.com/name/serena
Her name means tranquil , clear, which kinda suites her?

And if regions really bothered, Ash + all his companions till XY were from Japanese regions so all Japanese, which makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.