• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serena the Kalos Queen fan club v2~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Now that it's been 1 year since Serena made her decision in her final episode (XY&Z 45 aired 1 year ago) how do you feel about this decision now that a lot of time passed ?

Personnally , I still think it was a great idea and a great way to conclude her character but I wish they showed a bit of Serena's journey in Hoenn during the year , imo they definitely had a room to do it especially with all the breaks they did.
On October 27th it will be one year since we last saw Serena and I think no other main character waited so much time without reappearing in the anime or a special episode except May who waited 1 year and half between AG191 and DP075.
I guess we'll see in 2018 if Serena is cursed xD
I still agree with it and like it. Going to Hoenn and not staying in Kalos to train with Palermo or go follow Ash around, was still the best decision. Serena is trying to grow more as a person, become more independent, and work on her craft in a different way. I actually think that it would've been an injustice to her character, if it was any other way, and it also leaves the writers to bring her back whenever they please.

I wish they would've had a special for her already as well, and I'm still remaining optimistic for one, but the more time passes...the less likely it seems. Who knows, maybe she'll make an appearance in Alola and put on a Performance and ride some Pokemon (Tauros). ;)

flashtone

What Legendary Could You See Serena Bonding With?

Other than Diancie and Magearna, I'd say Shaymin

Now that it's been 1 year since Serena made her decision in her final episode (XY&Z 45 aired 1 year ago) how do you feel about this decision now that a lot of time passed ?

I still (and always will) feel like going to Hoenn by herself was the right choice for her so she can hone her performing/contest skills to meet her end goal of being able to make people smile. It's a shame she hasn't gotten a special episode yet, but she'll likely (eventually) get one because of how popular of a character she was (that's what I think anyway).

Don Velasquez

El Patrón
What Legendary Could You See Serena Bonding With?

I felt this a good question. Somehow, I see her having a good relationship with Mew. Not sure why XD Meloetta too possibly.

It's a great question! I'm surprised no one mentioned Xerneas, since y'know, Manga Serena caught one and even nicknamed it, lol. Besides that, I think Suicune would be a great fit for her. It's majestic aura and BA vibe would really give Serena a new edge, IMO.

Yeah Meloetta would be perfect even if Serena already had a good relationship with Diancie and Magearna in the movies , I guess Tapu Fini and Mew like you said could work too.

Personnally , I still think it was a great idea and a great way to conclude her character but I wish they showed a bit of Serena's journey in Hoenn during the year , imo they definitely had a room to do it especially with all the breaks they did.
On October 27th it will be one year since we last saw Serena and I think no other main character waited so much time without reappearing in the anime or a special episode except May who waited 1 year and half between AG191 and DP075.
I guess we'll see in 2018 if Serena is cursed xD

I think the decision was for the best. While I (and I'm sure many others) would've loved to see Amour continue and blossom into something even more beautiful, that monumental moment should be saved for something big, like a special or movie.

I'm on the same boat; I want to see Serena in Hoenn so bad! I just miss her pretty face, lol. She does get compared A LOT to May so perhaps, the writers took note of this and are actually waiting to see long they can hold out before fans get rowdy. I definitely think we'll see her again in 2018.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I agree with others who said it was a great idea and the best decision Serena could have made. That she chose to follow her own path and become a great Performer in her own way, rather than stay in Kalos and train under Palermo, shows her independence, which I also like. I definitely would like a special where we see what Serena is doing now, if she doesn't appear in Alola (I feel like I'm one of the few people who would not mind seeing Serena interact with SM Ash).

On another subject, I was hit with sudden inspiration yesterday to make Serena banners. These aren't specifically for the fan club, but they are Showcase-themed, so I thought I would share them here. I intended to make only one or two, but I ended up making four. :redface: You are welcome to use any of these, as long as you give me credit.

Putting these in a spoiler tag, since there are so many of them and they are kind of large.

eWTQFo9.png

09QIG3M.png

Slhd9gU.png

8AwJCBI.png

Don Velasquez

El Patrón
I agree with others who said it was a great idea and the best decision Serena could have made. That she chose to follow her own path and become a great Performer in her own way, rather than stay in Kalos and train under Palermo, shows her independence, which I also like. I definitely would like a special where we see what Serena is doing now, if she doesn't appear in Alola (I feel like I'm one of the few people who would not mind seeing Serena interact with SM Ash).

On another subject, I was hit with sudden inspiration yesterday to make Serena banners. These aren't specifically for the fan club, but they are Showcase-themed, so I thought I would share them here. I intended to make only one or two, but I ended up making four. :redface: You are welcome to use any of these, as long as you give me credit.

Putting these in a spoiler tag, since there are so many of them and they are kind of large.

eWTQFo9.png

09QIG3M.png

Slhd9gU.png

8AwJCBI.png

I'm certain Serena will always love Ash, through thick and thin; I just hope that if she does appear in Alola, that the staff doesn't ruin her character. (i.e, dumb her down, make her comedy relief, turn Amour into a gag, etc)

Btw, those banners are phenomenal! May I ask what program you used to make them? O:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I'm certain Serena will always love Ash, through thick and thin; I just hope that if she does appear in Alola, that the staff doesn't ruin her character. (i.e, dumb her down, make her comedy relief, turn Amour into a gag, etc)
I have no doubt Serena will always love Ash, regardless of how he acts, but it would be interesting to see her initial reaction to SM Ash, since he is a little more excitable than the Ash she hung out with. Must be all that tropical air in Alola. ;)

I expect Serena will be the victim of one or two gags (since everyone in SM is subjected to be victims of a gag at one point or another), but I see no reason for her to be dumbed-down or turned into comedic relief. In fact, I expect her to impress the Alola crew—especially the girls—with her Performance skills. (Maybe she will inspire Kiawe to pick up traditional Alolan dance. :p )

Btw, those banners are phenomenal! May I ask what program you used to make them? O:
Thank you! :) I use Adobe Photoshop to create my banners.

Don Velasquez

El Patrón
Btw here is the final product :

gem-serena-figurine-page-1_edited1.jpg

https://pokeshopper.com/news.html

Who's about to pre order it ? It was originally supposed to be released on January 2018 but they pushed the release back to April 2018... I don't know why.

Oh, you already know I'm gonna be one of the first to hop on that pre-order train, haha.

If anyone here finds a link to pre-order this gem, please be kind enough to share with the rest of us. :)

Also, it's interesting that you mentioned how they pushed the release date to April instead of January...maybe they have something planned? :eek:

Edit: HAPPY AMOUR SMOOCH DAY, EVERYONE!! :D

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I may be a huge Serena fan, but unfortunately "Amour Smooch" day is in no way a day of celebration for me. I actually didn't even know until just now that today was the anniversary of... (shudders) ...that day.

Don Velasquez

El Patrón
So I have some more info to share with y'all!

g.e.m.-pokemon-serena-sylveon-figure-01.png

dadd9805c8f873c03c730f122bcd4ca6.png

https://pokeshopper.com/news.html

New Pokémon figurine information has now been published. The Serena with Sylveon G.E.M MegaHouse figurine preorders will begin this Saturday, 25th of November 2017 in Japan!

I have gone through the courtesy of finding an official Japanese link for anyone who wants to order of these beauties using a proxy site, which is the safest and quickest way to order from overseas, from personal experience: http://www.megahobby.jp/girls_blog/?p=473

The proxy site I use is: https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/

They are very reliable and I've had no issues with them, for the few figures/figurines I've ordered using their services. Please let me know if you would like any help going through this process; I will be more than happy to be of assistance!

Heekful

Hey ! Have you seen the Sun&Moon concept art book ? We can see Serena talking to Rotom and Rotom showing the Hoenn map from the games.

DRSojbcUEAEP8cq.jpg

Do you think it's something relevant ?

There's also another picture where we can see Serena and Ash with Bewear but I can't find it anywhere.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Hey ! Have you seen the Sun&Moon concept art book ? We can see Serena talking to Rotom and Rotom showing the Hoenn map from the games.

DRSojbcUEAEP8cq.jpg

There's also another picture where we can see Serena and Ash with Bewear but I can't find it anywhere.

I've seen it. I'm not sure if it's relevant if you mean of her making an appearance or something soon. The Bewear one looks entertaining.

Don Velasquez

El Patrón

DRSojbcUEAEP8cq.jpg

IT'S RELEVANT AF!!

Here's hoping we see our beautiful Queen in 2018! WOO!!

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Here are 3 new topic questions for the club to bring in some more activity.

If Serena appears sometime in the Sun and Moon series, what do you think would be the reason for her appearance and why?

What team changes would you like to happen on Serena's team?

If Serena returns would you like to hear what her character has been up to while she was away and why?

Satoshi & Touko

If Serena appeared in the Sun and Moon anime, I think the odds are good that she'll be there in part to see Ash again.

Since Buneary is in USUM, I'd like to see her get one.

Considering she went to Hoenn for Contests, I'd like to hear that she won one.

Don Velasquez

El Patrón
Here are 3 new topic questions for the club to bring in some more activity.

If Serena appears sometime in the Sun and Moon series, what do you think would be the reason for her appearance and why?

If Serena returns would you like to hear what her character has been up to while she was away and why?

- At this point in time, I'd prefer that we just get a special of her in Hoenn or maybe even another region. However, in relation to the question, I think she would travel to Alola for a vacation of sorts. As far as we know, she's unaware of Ash traveling to Alola so it'd be like kind of a surprise encounter that I think a lot of people would enjoy.

- I would love to see her with an Altaria on her team and an Absol, although I'm unsure as to whether or not I'd want Pancham to evolve. Just an added note, I would've loved to see her with a Popplio of her own but since Lana already owns one, that seems out of the question.

- If she shows up in Alola and meets up with Ash & his new gang, I would want to hear her talk about her adventures in Hoenn and other places, if she traveled anywhere else. It'd make for a fun episode or two, just to hear what she's been up to and how she has developed into a better person.

Alas, looming over all this is the fact of Amour. How would the SM staff handle it? Will Ash and Serena's relationship reignite? Or will they let it flop and barely mention it? I'm hoping for the former, for if the latter occurs, a good chunk of the fanbase might explode.

flashtone

If she did go to Alola, it would likely be to see Ash and to have a break from contests for a while. I honestly thought at one point that the XY music they decided to put into some episodes were foreshadowing her to come to Alola, but it's probably just overthinking on my part.

Another 2 pokemon on her team would be a good idea on her part, maybe a Fomantis/Lurantis if she were to come to Alola. Braixen and Pancham should both be given Everstones so they don't evolve

Yes, a few highlights of her experience with contests would be nice just to know how she's going with her decision to go her own way towards her true goal

Satoshi & Touko

Another 2 pokemon on her team would be a good idea on her part, maybe a Fomantis/Lurantis if she were to come to Alola. Braixen and Pancham should both be given Everstones so they don't evolve

This gave me an idea. It would actually be really funny, but cool if Serena did a skit with Lurantis where she dresses up in a Lurantis cosplay outfit like the one in the games (which actually looks sooooo kawaii except for maybe the shoes). She did this with the Fennekin outfit, so why not do this? She could do it as part of a Pokevision video where she vlogs about her vacation to Alola.

Status
Not open for further replies.