1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Serena's goal.

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Eievui-Nymphia, Dec 21, 2013.

?

What do you think that Serena/Serena will do in the anime?

1. Battle Chateau

30.1%
  2. Battle Maison

4.8%
  3. Pokemon Contests

6.8%
  4. Sky Battles

8.9%
  5. I don't know

19.2%
  6. Other options (Explain)

9.6%
  7. A passive goal.

20.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eievui-Nymphia

Eievui-Nymphia XY, gen of dreams.

2013 has been ended (as ar as Pokemon go) and this character hasn't got a goal yet.
    [img200]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/c/cc/Serena_XY.png[/img200]

The mystery o Serena is very high at this point o the series. We know more or less what Citron and Eureka will do in the series. And Satoshi is on the way of being a Pokemon Master. But about Serena we know what she do. We know the following:
    -She has a crush because Satoshi saved her in a forest as a child.
    -She loves Pokemon and battles.
    -She loves fashion.
    -She start hating Rhyhorn Racing, get over it but she still want to do something different.

The question is, what Serena 's goal will be? And why?

Edit: I made the decision to create this because Serena's goal is something that Serena actually said in the anime. I created a poll because I want what the "fandom" believes.

Edit: This is a discussion about Serena's goal. Discuss Serena's goal here.
    You can:
    -Change your opinions as much times as you want, specially when new info is revealed.
    -Compare what Serena will do compared what other charaters did.
    -Dedicate an entire off-topic post about a past charater only in the case that you are going to explain in detail what happened. But better have mentions of Serena even in that case.
    -Be dissapointed on what Serena has done in the series.
    -You can discuss the effects of Amourshipping in her goal.
    You can't:
    -Say things like Serena is a clone of X character, specially Dawn. I admit that there are similarities but not.
    -Changing the topic completely about another charater that is not Serena and his goal in the anime.
    -Say that his goal is marry Ash and only that. For that's there's the Amourshipping thread.
    -And respet each other opinions, and not bash them continuosly.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  2. SerenaForTheWin

SerenaForTheWin Yusarin >_<

wow a lot of people said battle chateau, so i think she might end up becoming a pokemon trainer.

3. AshsPikachu

AshsPikachu Well-Known Member

So far we've seen her interested in pokemon battling (after episode 7 when she was ecstatic about having her first battle) and also fashion. So right now I think those are 2 solid options she might choose IMO.

4. XY Rules

XY Rules Pokemon Master

well, she's already a Pokemon trainer. that happened when she got her first Pokemon. But since she does seem to like battles. I'm going with sky tranier.

5. Everlasting

Everlasting Everything stays.

To me, it's either Contests or Battle Chateau. I know I should get over contests, but I still believe there's a slight chance of seeing it happen. I think the Battle Chateau is a good idea, but I don't know how it would be handled, though.
    I really can't wait to see her goal, if she has one.

6. Having always been supportive of it, I voted for Battle Chateau. If XY is going down a similar route as AG, then Battle Chateau sounds like the thing for Serena, with changes courtesy of the anime.

7. Janovy

Janovy Banned

I picked Battle Maison because it has Battle Chatelaine girls.

8. SerenaForTheWin

sounds to me you have a fetish for girls lol.

well anyway i picked battle chateau since its because of the majority votes and given that i think
    that seems to love meeting different pokemon aka(a trainer)

9. Janovy

Janovy Banned

No, because they could serve as Serena's own version of gym leaders if she gets a battle-oriented goal.

10. That'll sound pretty awesome, then! Gym Leaders specifically for Serena.

11. Emperor Empoleon

Emperor Empoleon Honor of Kalos

I would actually find it interesting if she were to consider and try out several things...

If not that, then Rhyhorn Racing

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  12. Eneci

Eneci FrogadierMasterLucas

would be nice to see the Chatelaines appear in the show, they look to me like sailor scouts or the circus girls from sailor moon season 4.

Honestly I see her go and get a passive goal, don't know I really dislike she is getting now I hoped she would get more after that Iris failure (in my eyes) in BW:

13. Maybe for a few episodes. But for it to encompass the entire saga would sound very boring and repetitive.

14. I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid her goal might be nothing more than seducing Ash. I'd hate this for two reasons. First of all, I'm a PokeShipper and I'm afraid Ash might fall for her sooner or later, and another very important reason: it would mean Serena will be a boring, pointless character if she has no goal that's not related to Ashyboy.

However, I want her to become a Sky Battler. I liked those in the games, and think it would be cool if the anime would add more depth and importance to it. The games just had a few that couldn't be re-battled, it's sad that they didn't expand on it.

I wouldn't want to see the Battle Chateau being her goal: that's just regular battling, we already have Ash for that.

15. Viveshade

Viveshade What's Next?

I wouldn't mind either the Battle Chateau or Battle Maison, but I voted the Chateau because that's more what I'm leaning towards.

16. Janovy

Janovy Banned

Serena has already stated she wants to find something she really likes. Ash is not her goal. So you can relax.

She is getting something else.

That would be possible if her manga counterpart in special wasn't already a Sky Battler.

And even if she wasn't, Sky Battling would mostly give screentime to Serena's flying types.

Some of us don't want just Ash; I want to see a competent female battler in the group.

17. Well, I really hope she gets a goal like she said she wants to, otherwise it's going to be really crappy writing... I'm still afraid Ash might be her only goal...

Sorry, I don't read the manga. And she could specialize into Flying types if she'd become a Sky Battler. I'd like it, but I'm not expecting it.

Well, we've had Misty as a competent battler, that's at least how I see her. But I can see how it might be interesting for some people. And if it would lead to a rivalry between Ash and Serena, I'd actually like it too, it could spark some more personality into Serena, and having two main characters as rivals in an Ash/Gary and Ash/Paul-like way could be fun.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  18. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Rhyhorn racing, failing that then Ash.

19. Rhyhorn Racing's already out of the picture because she said that she wanted to do something else a couple of times before. Ash...as unfortunately as that sounds, it could be.

20. SerenaForTheWin

bro that's only his opinion, don't take it too seriously. since we all have different thoughts then we tend to have different answers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.