• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serena's goal.

What do you think that Serena/Serena will do in the anime?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
I think she'll do Battle Chateau. Thenm when she gets to Duchess rank, she'll get access to face the Battle Maison's Chatelaines. And there you have something to do for the entire XY saga.

bro that's only his opinion, don't take it too seriously. since we all have different thoughts then we tend to have different answers

You're right, sorry. It couldn't be helped.

I think she'll do Battle Chateau. Thenm when she gets to Duchess rank, she'll get access to face the Battle Maison's Chatelaines. And there you have something to do for the entire XY saga.

That sounds awesome! It seems to reflect Ash's Gyms. Getting a higher rank equates to battling Gyms, while the Chatelaines equate to the E4.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
To me, it's either Contests or Battle Chateau. I know I should get over contests, but I still believe there's a slight chance of seeing it happen. I think the Battle Chateau is a good idea, but I don't know how it would be handled, though.
I really can't wait to see her goal, if she has one.
I hope not since I thought Contest largely became garbage fireworks shows toward the middle-end of DP.

Battle Chateau, Battle Cafe, Battle Maisons, Super Training, Sky Battles, Mega Evolution there are a multitude of different options for Serena in-game. If the writers can't utilize one it shows how not innovative they are with her and just want her to Ash's shojo character. All of those things can feasibly be adapted into goals in the anime so there's no excuse, I personally can only hope she gets inspired by Viola/Grant's battles and decides to walk that path. They could easily make Battle Chateau challenges into something great and I don't care that Ash battles, I want a strong female battler in the group as well. Sky Battles would be my second choice, people brought up it could rule Fennekin obsolete, but I disagree, just have Fennekin use its Psychic talents and/or witch-like talents as a Braixen to fly or something. Or fly on its stick or levitate somehow to participate, the anime is known for taking many liberties from the game and innovating so it could work well.

I'm just hoping she isn't just here for ship value and the writers can do something to shut me up about her character/goal quickly and show off her Fennekin in a battle for once.

AshsPikachu

I would actually find it interesting if she were to consider and try out several things...

That's a good idea! I think it would be interesting to see her try only a few different things and go through some troubles or even success; then finally she will choose her goal after long hard thoughts.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Serena has already stated she wants to find something she really likes. Ash is not her goal. So you can relax.

That would be possible if her manga counterpart in special wasn't already a Sky Battler.

And even if she wasn't, Sky Battling would mostly give screentime to Serena's flying types.

I highly doubt the anime cares at all what the manga does. Serena was their charcter first and I'm sure they already have plans for they're just holding back like they've been doing with a lot of stuff in XY so far.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
That sounds awesome! It seems to reflect Ash's Gyms. Getting a higher rank equates to battling Gyms, while the Chatelaines equate to the E4.

Yes, and also she could get some sort of "medals of honor" to reflect her rank. Therefore, she would need 5 medals in order to face the chatelaines. She'd have to defeat them for the Grand Duchess rank.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I hope not since I thought Contest largely became garbage fireworks shows toward the middle-end of DP.

Battle Chateau, Battle Cafe, Battle Maisons, Super Training, Sky Battles, Mega Evolution there are a multitude of different options for Serena in-game. If the writers can't utilize one it shows how not innovative they are with her and just want her to Ash's shojo character. All of those things can feasibly be adapted into goals in the anime so there's no excuse, I personally can only hope she gets inspired by Viola/Grant's battles and decides to walk that path. They could easily make Battle Chateau challenges into something great and I don't care that Ash battles, I want a strong female battler in the group as well. Sky Battles would be my second choice, people brought up it could rule Fennekin obsolete, but I disagree, just have Fennekin use its Psychic talents and/or witch-like talents as a Braixen to fly or something. Or fly on its stick or levitate somehow to participate, the anime is known for taking many liberties from the game and innovating so it could work well.

I'm just hoping she isn't just here for ship value and the writers can do something to shut me up about her character/goal quickly and show off her Fennekin in a battle for once.

Well, what are Contests without fireworks-like attacks, then ? Most of the "talents" you could enumerate (Kenny's weight lifting with his Machoke, for example) are visually boring and unappealing. It's honestly what makes the Contests battles enjoyable. Though I'll have to admit, Ursula's Plusle and Minun performance at Daybreak was a little overdo...
If Contests battles were to be like the Zoey vs. Nando quarter final battle, then I'm in 100%.

I wonder how the Battle Chateau competition would be held, though. Like Contests, where many town/cities get their own building where people compete ? Each win get you a step closer to the Grand Duke/Duchess title ? Would trainers that won at the competition get something, like a badge, a symbol, a ribbon, a certificate ? Many details that have to be counted...
I don't think she'll do Sky Battles, sadly. Fennekin using Psychic would be weird, imo, and if Fennekin wasn't then it would be totally abandoned. I don't want her to catch flying/levitating Pokémon only either. I want a goal that will let all of her Pokémon participate, regardless of their attributes.

Last edited:
I wonder how the Battle Chateau competition would be held, though. Like Contests, where many town/cities get their own building where people compete ? Each win get you a step closer to the Grand Duke/Duchess title ? Would trainers that won at the competition get something, like a badge, a symbol, a ribbon, a certificate ? Many details that have to be counted...

This probably means nothing, but I notice that Serena's box in the ending theme has a ribbon on it. This could narrow it down to Contests or the Battle Chateau/Maison (which sounds like the other thing that is most likely to give out ribbons).

Everlasting

Everything stays.
This probably means nothing, but I notice that Serena's box in the ending theme has a ribbon on it. This could narrow it down to Contests or the Battle Chateau/Maison (which sounds like the other thing that is most likely to give out ribbons).

We all noticed that box and it's, honestly, the only thing that makes me hang in about Contests. Without this case, who seems to be a ribbon or fashion accessories case, I would have think Contests were gone for a while now.
I still wonder what is this box is up for. It's most likely a simple fashion case where she keeps a makeup set...

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
It's highly unlikely that it will be contests since they aren't in the games. It would be advertising something that wasn't there.

I don't know what she'll end up doing because she's had a slow start, but I hope that it becomes a subplot with the group instead of the competitive focus being on just Ash.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
It's highly unlikely that it will be contests since they aren't in the games. It would be advertising something that wasn't there.

I don't know what she'll end up doing because she's had a slow start, but I hope that it becomes a subplot with the group instead of the competitive focus being on just Ash.

i might be thinking serena's goal could be something we all haven't think of. i wonder what could it be. hmmm... still thinking

i might be thinking serena's goal could be something we all haven't think of. i wonder what could it be. hmmm... still thinking

Maybe an anime-exclusive goal? No one seems to be discussing about that. If there's gonna be unlikeliness to be found in any type of in-game goal that's been suggested, then it seems like something a lot of people could possibly agree on would be a goal that'll be made up by the anime itself and not taken from the games, because we don't even know what the anime can make up.

AshsPikachu

Exactly what I'm hoping as well. Similar with May and Dawn with their contests, I feel like they had a big part and it wasn't only Ash. But with Misty and Iris, Ash was the only focus. Don't get me wrong, I want them to keep the main focus on Ash, but at the same time I don't want it to only be about him. I think Serena's goal should have a big part in the anime.

Exactly what I'm hoping as well. Similar with May and Dawn with their contests, I feel like they had a big part and it wasn't only Ash. But with Misty and Iris, Ash was the only focus. Don't get me wrong, I want them to keep the main focus on Ash, but at the same time I don't want it to only be about him. I think Serena's goal should have a big part in the anime.

Same here. Considering that we've been dealing with Ash for 16 years, I think we deserve to have, at best, half of the focus diverted from him and focusing on someone else. In XY's case, it's gotta be Serena since she's got a lot of potential in her character, which for some reason has yet to be explored fully.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Well, about Contests, it's not absolutely impossible; there were no Contests in Fire Red and Leaf Green, yet the anime made Contests in the Kanto region following up the first generation remake. It could always happen in Kalos and would be a great tie with the third generation remakes, if they were to come.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Well, about Contests, it's not absolutely impossible; there were no Contests in Fire Red and Leaf Green, yet the anime made Contests in the Kanto region following up the first generation remake. It could always happen in Kalos and would be a great tie with the third generation remakes, if they were to come.

now i've been thinking about it, if there will be a contest about fashion well i think that's highly unlikely for now given that pokemon is about catching pokemon and not dress styling.

now i've been thinking about it, if there will be a contest about fashion well i think that's highly unlikely for now given that pokemon is about catching pokemon and not dress styling.

That's why the anime added the battling aspect to anime Contests in the first place. If Serena were to pursue Contests, I probably wouldn't have it any other way.

Although for Serena to pursue Contests would be repetitive, considering that we've already had the Contest treatment twice with May and Dawn. As enjoyable as they were as a side-quest, I think the time of Contests has long passed, and we need something original for Serena. Whatever it is, I just hope it requires a Pokemon team that she has to capture herself, and full use of each and every individual Pokemon.

Remmie

I would say the Battle Maison. She would get along well with the Battle Chatelaines and I could see her try to beat them all and earn a title, she likes fancy stuff and I think it could fit her. Just saying. Would be different from the rest of the girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.