• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serena's goal.

What do you think that Serena/Serena will do in the anime?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

skulkidcachi90

I think one of the worst decition for Serena Caracter was is Crush for Ash Right now that is all is caracter.

Shipping fanservice is one of the worst decition of the this new Writers.

Sorry for my really bad english

Well, a lot of the hate come fom some BW fans. They are really burned that the season they liked was hated for almost everybody, that in a fashion of "revenge" they criticize every single aspect of the season that have more acceptance now.

Aa for Serena goal, I really want to see what the writers are gonna do with it. But at the moment ,its seen that they don't have a clear idea of what they want to do.

I don't know if you realize this, but one can dislike aspects of a series for well-founded and reasoned claims after giving it a chance: people did so with BW, and now they're doing it with XY. Unlike many, I didn't like DP, and I have some good reasons for it, whereas pretty much everyone who is left on the forums considers it the best series of the anime (I highly disagree with that myself). It has nothing to do with 'revenge', so much as aspects said individuals liked from BW vanishing. I am no fan of the XY Series right now based off of the last 11 episodes (I'll give it until about XY035 before I decide if I want to continue with it), but that's because I dislike some of the writing decisions that have been made here, such as with Team Rocket and Serena. I am not too impressed by Bonnie, either, although I'll admit she's okay. Clemont and Ash are the only ones I find are handled well for the most part this arc, but I'm afraid the cons are outweighing the pros about this series for me right now.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think one of the worst decition for Serena Caracter was is Crush for Ash Right now that is all is caracter.

Shipping fanservice is one of the worst decition of the this new Writers.

Sorry for my really bad english

I really don't get why so many people are against Serena's crush on Ash. This is the first time in a while that we've had a female with confirmed feelings for Ash and I think it's refreshing that the writers are trying something different. As long as things don't get out of hand, I think Serena's crush will make her a very interesting character. Heck, she's already interesting in my opinion; I don't understand why people insult her and call her bland and other names just because she's not out collecting ribbons or constantly training her Pokemon. It's very unfair imo.

I really don't get why so many people are against Serena's crush on Ash. This is the first time in a while that we've had a female with confirmed feelings for Ash and I think it's refreshing that the writers are trying something different. As long as things don't get out of hand, I think Serena's crush will make her a very interesting character. Heck, she's already interesting in my opinion; I don't understand why people insult her and call her bland and other names just because she's not out collecting ribbons or constantly training her Pokemon. It's very unfair imo.

But Pokemon is not a shoujo.The romance aspect is always gonna be just a little part of the show.So if a characters is gonna be heavily related to the romance aspect and nothing more,then we left with very little of said character.That is indeed a big problem.

Lorde

But Pokemon is not a shoujo.The romance aspect is always gonna be just a little part of the show.So if a characters is gonna be heavily related to the romance aspect and nothing more,then we left with very little of said character.That is indeed a big problem.

I don't expect Serena's crush on Ash to blossom into something bigger; I just think it's a good thing because Serena's devotion to Ash could come in handy. I think she did a good job cheering for Ash at the Santalune Gym and I hope she does more of that since it helped Ash's confidence. Like I said before, I don't understand why it's wrong for Serena to support Ash. At least it gives her a purpose unlike certain other characters who don't have one themselves.

Navin

MALDREAD
I don't expect Serena's crush on Ash to blossom into something bigger; I just think it's a good thing because Serena's devotion to Ash could come in handy. I think she did a good job cheering for Ash at the Santalune Gym and I hope she does more of that since it helped Ash's confidence. Like I said before, I don't understand why it's wrong for Serena to support Ash. At least it gives her a purpose unlike certain other characters who don't have one themselves.

Well that's his worry. That if Serena is entirely defined by her role as Ash's "crutch" then it leaves her with nothing else to talk about.

I hardly think that's a legitimate worry because for the umpteenth time I have mentioned it in this thread, we haven't seen Serena lusting over senpai in a month's worth of episodes.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Well, a lot of the hate come fom some BW fans. They are really burned that the season they liked was hated for almost everybody, that in a fashion of "revenge" they criticize every single aspect of the season that have more acceptance now.

Oh no, some of us don't think XY is as good as the massive overrating hype makes it sound! There must be some sort of sinister revenge conspiracy!

Should I accuse you Serena fans of liking her out of "revenge" because you didn't like Iris? XY fans of liking it purely out of revenge for BW being bad? No? Thought so.

Last edited:
Oh no, some of us don't think XY is as good as the massive overrating hype makes it sound! There must be some sort of sinister revenge conspiracy!

Should I accuse you Serena fans of liking her out of "revenge" because you didn't like Iris? XY fans of liking it purely out of revenge for BW being bad? No? Thought so.

Please quote where I said I dont like Iris(she is me second favorite female companion)

But if the writers want to develop Serena(I trust they want), her feeling for Ash do have change in some aspect.Since her crush is presented as a important part of her character.Maybe her feeling are gonna get stronger, or maybe her crush is just gonna fade away.There is no way that they just going to live her feelings unresolved by the end of the saga.

Navin

MALDREAD
This thread makes you lose brain cells. Everyone who browses this thread is now dumber for having read through it.

If anyone asked me, we should wait and see what happens before we hit episode 50th at the latest before coming to a conclusion about Serena's character as a whole.

One of the most intelligent statements posted here. Someone sticky this please.

Last edited:

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Steering the conversation back into a PRODUCTIVE DIRECTION...

I really don't see how the Battle Chateau and Maison can be considered "goals." They're just two locations out of all of Kalos, and if Serena were to focus on them, then that would mean she leaves the group before Ash even gets to the League. I doubt they're gonna bring back Contests, barring a Hoenn Confirmed scenario. So really, the only logical choice would be becoming a Sky Trainer, though even then, that's kind of iffy, considering how few Flying-types have been introduced in this Generation. By that statement, I mean they'd probably prefer to showcase new Pokemon rather than old. So really, all I can do is adopt a wait-and-see attitude on the matter.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
This thread has gotten even more out of control! Now we're bringing BW into the mix! Poor Serena. Poor, poor Serena. I'm done trying to guess Serena's goal and I'm done worrying about it. All I want is for Serena to interact more with Clemont, catch her Pancham, evolve Fennekin, battle every once in awhile and regain some of her rebellious attitude. Do those five things and I'll be fine with Serena. I'm not wasting anymore time freaking out over a goal.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Please quote where I said I dont like Iris(she is me second favorite female companion)

So you ignore the larger point.

This thread makes you lose brain cells. Everyone who browses this thread is now dumber for having read through it.

You know, it speaks volumes about your fanbase that this is what you resort to when she gets criticized.

One of the most intelligent statements posted here. Someone sticky this please.

Yep, there goes the goalposts getting moved again. Now we've gone from episode 30 to episode 50. Of course that's "one of the most intelligent statements posted here."

Lorde

But if the writers want to develop Serena(I trust they want), her feeling for Ash do have change in some aspect.Since her crush is presented as a important part of her character.Maybe her feeling are gonna get stronger, or maybe her crush is just gonna fade away.There is no way that they just going to live her feelings unresolved by the end of the saga.

This is the Pokemon anime we're talking about; most of Ash's companion's goals are left unresolved anyway. So I could see Serena's crush on Ash (which I'll call her goal from now on just to make things easier) being unresolved even when XY ends. That way shippers can keep shipping Ash and Serena if they want, and the people who aren't keen about the shippy aspect can still be happy that it never escalated into shoujo territory.

So you ignore the larger point.

I was talking about a couple of specific fans as I stated early. You know, the type who tag NSFW in material to make the fans uncomfortable.Dont you agree that the worst and most inmature kind of "fans" do that?

This is the Pokemon anime we're talking about; most of Ash's companion's goals are left unresolved anyway. So I could see Serena's crush on Ash (which I'll call her goal from now on just to make things easier) being unresolved even when XY ends. That way shippers can keep shipping Ash and Serena if they want, and the people who aren't keen about the shippy aspect can still be happy that it never escalated into shoujo territory.

This is why is more probable that she just get over Ash.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
You know, it speaks volumes about your fanbase that this is what you resort to when she gets criticized.

Actually, it speaks entirely volumes about me and my sarcastic jabs at some of these asinine generalizations being formulated in this thread.

Yep, there goes the goalposts getting moved again. Now we've gone from episode 30 to episode 50. Of course that's "one of the most intelligent statements posted here."

Since when was the goalpost ever settled at episode 30 in the first place? Maybe I might have given a number a couple hundred posts back, but my overall point was that people need to not get their panties in a knot because Serena doesn't have a goal by episode 11.

NPT

Just a member
Whoa, some people sure are impatient about Serena's goal.

I find it ridiculous that some people on here think that being sassy or strong/defiant makes the best characteristics and anything else is considered "bland", "boring" or contains "no personality". Sorry to break it to you but there are a lot of different characteristics out there. I don't want another Misty or Iris (as much as I liked them).

This! I agree with you. I already had enough of sassy-ness with Misty and Iris, so it's good to have a female protagonist with a nice personality. I don't understand why most people prefers a sassy girl over a nice girl? What's wrong with having a nice girl in the main cast for once?

Morning Sun said:
After Iris, a girl who is the total opposite is very refreshing imo. It also irks me how some people talk about Serena being a girly girl. It is in no way inferior to a tomboy at all. With the way some people in this forum talk, you'd think being a girly girl is a disease or something. They are just different.

Personally I think Serena is not too girly or too tomboyish........but in the middle.

Morning Sun said:
As for Serena being boring, I disagree. I don't find her boring in the slightest and I enjoy her character very much in episodes. Yes she hasn't done anything THAT interesting so far but she did only have one episode centered around her so far so give the girl a break.

Well said.

There's only one Serena-centered episode so far....but I'm sure there'll be more episode for Serena to shine. Just like May, Serena didn't decide her main goal before starting out her journey. Now she's trying to find a goal, so it could take her long to finally choose her goal.

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
This! I agree with you. I already had enough of sassy-ness with Misty and Iris, so it's good to have a female protagonist with a nice personality. I don't understand why most people prefers a sassy girl over a nice girl? What's wrong with having a nice girl in the main cast for once?

Because if a character like Serena is not given anything to do and rides on simply just being a "nice girl," all she ends up being is a cheerleader for everyone else with no actual presence of her own.

Lorde

This is why is more probable that she just get over Ash.

Maybe she will, but I'd still like to see her support Ash when he needs help. She could be his training partner, which would benefit both of them since their Pokemon would get stronger at the same time. Even though I don't see Serena as much of a battler, she'll still need to get involved in battles against Team Rocket, so she may as well keep her Pokemon well-trained. It never hurts to see characters develop their Pokemon imo.

NPT

Just a member
Because if a character like Serena is not given anything to do and rides on simply just being a "nice girl," all she ends up being is a cheerleader for everyone else with no actual presence of her own.

Like I said, right now Serena is trying to find the perfect goal for herself.....and she will find a goal eventually. I don't think Serena will end up being just a 'cheerleader' or 'waifu' in the XY anime.

Edit: Maldread was right about this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.