• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serena's goal.

What do you think that Serena/Serena will do in the anime?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Like I said, right now Serena is trying to find the perfect goal for herself.....and she will find a goal eventually. I don't think Serena will end up being just a 'cheerleader' or 'waifu' in the XY anime.

Keep hoping for that then. As I've pointed out, this "trying to find the perfect goal for herself" is so far just a few passive comments she's made and not an actual story.

Maybe she will, but I'd still like to see her support Ash when he needs help. She could be his training partner, which would benefit both of them since their Pokemon would get stronger at the same time. Even though I don't see Serena as much of a battler, she'll still need to get involved in battles against Team Rocket, so she may as well keep her Pokemon well-trained. It never hurts to see characters develop their Pokemon imo.

She could fall out of love and still support him you know.
We have a lot occupations in the Pokemon world. The problem is that the anime is long commercial, and I dont think that they are just gonna give a already existing occupation.Maybe she become a detective to promote the new Pikachu detective game?Dunno.

Like I said, right now Serena is trying to find the perfect goal for herself.....and she will find a goal eventually. I don't think Serena will end up being just a 'cheerleader' or 'waifu' in the XY anime.
This is not bad.Like the cutie mark crusaders in MLP, maybe her goal is find a goal.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD

I am bemused at how this thread started with possible goals for Serena and subsequently degenerated into a morass of arguments over whether she'll get an actual goal in the first place (that's not Ash).

As much as I don't like it, I wouldn't be surprised if her goal ends up being related to fashion. I hope the writers handle it well.

Edit: Maldread was right about this thread.

Thanks friend!

LizardonX

Banned
Being the next Iris/Misty isn't that bad IMO. I don't see why serena necessarily needs to play a massive role in the anime, especially since her ingame counterpart didn't do anything important.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Being the next Iris/Misty isn't that bad IMO. I don't see why serena necessarily needs to play a massive role in the anime, especially since her ingame counterpart didn't do anything important.

She defeated Team Flare and caught the Legendary, along with playing dress up all the way to winning the league and knee-hitting Diantha multiple times in my eyes.

LizardonX

Banned
She defeated Team Flare and caught the Legendary, along with playing dress up all the way to winning the league and knee-hitting Diantha multiple times in my eyes.

Yes but that's the player character. You could even say that red was beaten by the pokemon equivalent of mario or that the god of the pokeverse got himself caught by a 10 year old with a magic miniskirt if you look at it that way. And ash represents the PC in the show.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Some of you really need to reread the announcements: 1, 2

There's no need for complaints about this thread(=people posting here) being so and so, or (non-)fans of *insert series/character* being so-and-so. Do not talk about the forum members but the anime itself!

If some think Serena will have a different goal from the ones listed, cool. Elaborate. If some think her purpose will be to find a goal, that's okay. If some think she'll have none of those things and have a mere supporting role (or something in-between), guess what - it's perfectly fine to assume that too! If you really have a problem with what other people post, please take it to the mods in private instead of wasting space in the thread. We will then determine whether there's actually any rule-breaking going on at all. If it's just a case of someone simply perceiving things in a different way (which is what's going on most of the time), then you just need to accept that and move on.

On a different note, I'm really starting to question whether this thread should exist at all. If this largely boils down to Serena's appearance, or AmourShipping (bye feminism), then I don't think anyone would disagree if I said the XY Character thread is sufficient ;/ I won't close it just yet, but people... please? I can somewhat understand AS worming its way into the topic every now and then, but Serena's looks?

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
On a different note, I'm really starting to question whether this thread should exist at all. If this large boils down to Serena's appearance, or AmourShipping (bye feminism), then I don't think anyone would disagree if I said the XY Character thread is sufficient ;/ I won't close it just yet, but people... please? I can somewhat understand AS worming its way into the topic every now and then, but Serena's looks?

We aren't really exactly given much to go on with her... maybe bringing her looks into it is a bit too much, but still.

skulkidcachi90

Yes she hasn't done anything THAT interesting so far but she did only have one episode centered around her so far so give the girl a break.

Half of the time of the that episode just exist for shipping reason that is the problem.

LizardonX

Banned
Well the thing is when you get down to it, asides from maybe Dawn, Serena really wasn't shafted in terms of screentime and cast importance all that much in the first 10 episodes of XY compared to the other girls. However the general hype for the character has become so high over the last few months of speculation that many people have had very high and quite frankly unrealistic expectations for the character. Furthermore I don't think that Serena needs a concrete, Do X so she can accomplish/become Y goal or aspiration in order to justify her role on the show. Nor do I find it boring or a detriment to the character. I mean just look at Clemont, all he's really doing on this trip is impoving his social skills to be a better gym leader. It's just something he feels like he wants to do, there isn't really is not a straightforward way to accomplish that and will reap no material benefit. And yet he's well liked with few criticisms of his worth to the cast.

Now from the first time Serena shows up in the show, she's decked in a Rhyhorn riding outfit which means she is trying to become a better Racer. Despite her being worse at it than AG Jessie was at contests, at least its a start. While she was exasperated, it seemed clear that eventually she would get the hang of it and become a racer. Then came the fateful TV show that changed everything. For while most girls her age weren't that into boys, Serena has had her heart stolen by Ash from summer camp. From the looks of it, she never stopped thinking about him and thought that their happy ever after was just a fairy tale. Until she saw her knight facing off against a berserk Garchomp, and not only did he not die not that fall damage exists in the pokeverse but still, he calmed it down and was rescued. With the sudden realization that the love of her life was only a few days walk away, Serena instantly knew what she had to do, she needed a pokemon so she wouldn't be stymied by wild fletchlings and bunnelbys, and she needed her Ash. When she finally found Ash, Serena knew that the person she had fallen in love with at camp was still there and he was still just as amazing as ever. Now Serena is just in that happy honeymoon stage where she can't believe that this is real and she isn't just dreaming. After this awkward stage wears off, there's no doubt that she'll demonstrate her love and cause ash to reciprocate over the course of the show.

Of course racing would be sweet too.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'm still wondering what happened to that fashion oriented aspect of the character went. Aside from that small scene where she changed hats it was never brought up again.

Given the santa clause outfit, I'm still wondering if they're going to "pull a Dawn" with her and have her in different outfits every so often.

Janovy

Banned
I'm still wondering what happened to that fashion oriented aspect of the character went. Aside from that small scene where she changed hats it was never brought up again.
She was never going to be fashion-oriented, that's just something people got themselves convinced of after reading her bio.

She's into fashion, but that's it. She might change her outfit a few times (it's bound to happen due to customization feature in XY), but that really is everything. Once again, people took something from her bio and made a huge deal out of it. It's nothing new.

skybattler262

Guys, I voted Sky Battles for the following reasons...
1. Fennekin (and future evolutiosns) is NOT a liability in sky battles. In fact, there is something that aerial Pokemon must fear: A dead-accurate long-range ground-based attack. We already know that in the Pokemon universe, there are several attacks that basically function like a homing missile. I'm pretty sure that another problem exists because most Pokemon don't know to 'pull the lead' (e.g. aim ahead of the traget to increase the chances by letting the projectile flight pattern meet at the location where the target is in the future). If the writers pull off a sky battle with Pokemon still stuck in the ground, it might be similar to having several floating disks in the where Pokemon might jump from one disk to another to cope up (which may happen given the anime's nature).
2. It's a bit fun to watch aerial combat, especially if it follows real-life dogfighting tactics. I find it weird that the anime frequently emphasizes unsafe head-on passes instead of 3 o 'clock- 9 o'clock high deflection shooting and even the most effective 6 o'clock come-from-behind attacks. I truly wonder when will this happen...
3. France is based in Kalos right? Guess what countries have the first aces in real-life history: Germans AND French! A very nice reference for sky battles, right?
So for me, Serena might go into this field, once she found a flying Pokemon that suits her up (Hawlucha, perhaps?). But this might get shattered once Espurr is captured instead. Besides, sky battles, for me, is more of mind games rather than brute strength, between different types of Pokemon that exploits their opponent's weakness while magnifying the Pokemon's strength while watching out their own weakness, making sky battling a unique yet elegant style aside that of conventional Pokemon battling, which isn't about dazzling the audiences but rather aerobatics of taking another person off guard. Personality wise, this might be a good nich for Serena since this deals with elegant fighting style without minding much of appealing the audiences (yet focuses on taking the opponent down). Overall, I want more logical flying Pokemon vs. flying Pokemon battles, where hovering in the air is a no-no (get still in the air and be prepared to get shot down), less head-on passes, more use of long-ranged moves at even closer ranges to ensure hits, and physical moves that requires really elegant moves for it to land
P.S. TO those who won't agree with this, google Lydia Lytvyak, the top-scoring female pilot of all time. She still remained a girl despite shooting down, well, just 12 aircraft on here own and 4 with her female wingmen against planes all piloted by male pilots.
P.P.S. I wanted to criticize a lot of the way air battles are done in the anime, because most of them, are actually unusual and without logic, even defying physics at some times. Besides, I'm yet to see someone who has to take advantage of energy tactics, because it also rightly applies to birds in nature (reasons why birds of prey perch on high altitude before grabbing some other smaller bird in lower altitude, and why prey birds turn sharply to an opposite direction to avoid them)
P.P.P.S. Looks like my obsession on sky battles had taken up :)

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Guys, I voted Sky Battles for the following reasons...

that is your opinion, while majority of the people still believe serena will go for the goal that relates to battle chateau or some kind of pokemon battling.

Kein

AKA Silktree
that is your opinion, while majority of the people still believe serena will go for the goal that relates to battle chateau or some kind of pokemon battling.
Wishful thinking means very little in terms of what will actually happen.

LizardonX

Banned

Given the santa clause outfit, I'm still wondering if they're going to "pull a Dawn" with her and have her in different outfits every so often.

She wants to go shopping in lumiose city.

/fashion

Sephora

yes I'm back

It doesn't mean the majority of people are right though. Battle Chateau just has the most votes because it's what most people would like her goal to be; doesn't mean most likely it will be BC because there is no evidence pointing to such so far. We just have to wait and see I guess.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm still gonna say that Serena's goal will eventually be the Battle Chateau. It seems the most likely thing from the games to be used in an active side quest out of everything else that's in the games.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster

Lol, the true Serena. I'd positively loved to see her do all those things in the anime, instead of the infinite loop the anime is stuck in today.

The writers could easily make goals for everyone if they weren't so set on repeating themselves.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
It doesn't mean the majority of people are right though. Battle Chateau just has the most votes because it's what most people would like her goal to be; doesn't mean most likely it will be BC because there is no evidence pointing to such so far. We just have to wait and see I guess.

Yes,because it's the most relevant goal and there is somewhat some evidence[if you can call it that] in the sense that it will actually debut in the future.So,here's hoping she'll be intrigued and want to partake in the Battle Chateau.

Status
Not open for further replies.