• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serena's goal.

What do you think that Serena/Serena will do in the anime?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I would say the Battle Maison. She would get along well with the Battle Chatelaines and I could see her try to beat them all and earn a title, she likes fancy stuff and I think it could fit her. Just saying. Would be different from the rest of the girls.

The Battle Maison doesn't have titles; that would be the Battle Chateau. I really don't think she would compete at either place since there's only one of each location anyway.

The Battle Maison doesn't have titles; that would be the Battle Chateau. I really don't think she would compete at either place since there's only one of each location anyway.

Just like I said with Contests, the anime can certainly change up the Chateau or the Maison, in this case to give it multiple locations across Kalos. If they can add battles to Contests, then they can certainly add multiple locations to the Chateau and/or Maison. It wouldn't hurt it.

Remmie

Just like I said with Contests, the anime can certainly change up the Chateau or the Maison, in this case to give it multiple locations across Kalos. If they can add battles to Contests, then they can certainly add multiple locations to the Chateau and/or Maison. It wouldn't hurt it.

I agree. But wouldn't that make the Battle Chatelaines coordinators too? Except maybe Evelyn, if she is as shy as in the games just when she battles someone I can't imagine her performing in front of a huge crowd, unless her sisters push her around.

I agree. But wouldn't that make the Battle Chatelaines coordinators too? Except maybe Evelyn, if she is as shy as in the games just when she battles someone I can't imagine her performing in front of a huge crowd, unless her sisters push her around.

Wait, there are audiences in the Maison? I never really knew that. Then again, I don't have the games...

Anyway, I don't really think of them as Coordinators, especially if the prizes they give out aren't ribbons (IF there are prizes, even). They're just...Chatelaines. Sounds similar, but not identical.

Remmie

Wait, there are audiences in the Maison? I never really knew that. Then again, I don't have the games...

Anyway, I don't really think of them as Coordinators, especially if the prizes they give out aren't ribbons (IF there are prizes, even). They're just...Chatelaines. Sounds similar, but not identical.

No, but in contest they have audiences, so if the Battle Maison could also hold Contests it would be forced to have one, no?

No, but in contest they have audiences, so if the Battle Maison could also hold Contests it would be forced to have one, no?

Well, I'm not saying that the Battle Maison would HOLD Contests. I was just assuming that Serena's goal could be to participate in the Battle Maison/Chateau. It has nothing to do with Contests, even though they're a bit similar.

Remmie

Well, I'm not saying that the Battle Maison would HOLD Contests. I was just assuming that Serena's goal could be to participate in the Battle Maison/Chateau. It has nothing to do with Contests, even though they're a bit similar.

She could compete in both, like Nando did with Contests and Gym Battles. He managed to get all the qualifications for both after all, and as he wouldn't have been against Ash in his first match he could have gotten farter.

She could compete in both, like Nando did with Contests and Gym Battles. He managed to get all the qualifications for both after all, and as he wouldn't have been against Ash in his first match he could have gotten farter.

That'd sound nice, but for now, I'm not gonna consider Contests something Serena should look at since they haven't been featured in the XY games. If Contests are prominently featured in the RSE remakes, then I'll start considering it a possibility. But for now, I'm aiming at her goal being an anime version of the Battle Chateau/Maison.

Remmie

That'd sound nice, but for now, I'm not gonna consider Contests something Serena should look at since they haven't been featured in the XY games. If Contests are prominently featured in the RSE remakes, then I'll start considering it a possibility. But for now, I'm aiming at her goal being an anime version of the Battle Chateau/Maison.

So will I! Maybe if they make a remake of RSE, they could introduce properly Brendan and he would become her rival, since he spends most of his time in battle towers and other stuff like that in his cameos, I could see him trying there. Why not? Or is it too much out of nowhere?

Lorde

and people still comparing battle maison and battle chateau, but they look alike a bit to me.

The Chateau is all about battling while attaining a new rank/title, while the Maison is just like the Battle Tower and Battle Subway where people just battle for BP. And I don't think either facility utilizes fashion to a high degree either, so the "Serena should compete there because she likes fashion" arguments seem strange to me. I mean those are battle facilities, not fashion runways. :x

Remmie

The Chateau is all about battling while attaining a new rank/title, while the Maison is just like the Battle Tower and Battle Subway where people just battle for BP. And I don't think either facility utilizes fashion to a high degree either, so the "Serena should compete there because she likes fashion" arguments seem strange to me. I mean those are battle facilities, not fashion runways. :x

But the Battle Chatelaines seems somewhat high on fashion and other stuff like that. So maybe Serena could try to beat them, or something. Well, that is if they're introduced.

But the Battle Chatelaines seems somewhat high on fashion and other stuff like that. So maybe Serena could try to beat them, or something. Well, that is if they're introduced.

And weren't Viola and Grant wearing nice-looking clothes during their battle in the preview, with what looks like the Battle Chateau in the background? Fashion may not be a vital thing for the Chateau/Maison, but it really does seem to have a bit of a focus in them.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
How cute, Serena's got her own thread for her goal. As for what it is, who knows? I don't think fashion needs to be involved. May loves food but her goal has nothing to do with eating. While I brought that up, I'm surprised Pokemon Contest is even being brought up. It's not in the XY games and there is no RSE remake yet. The new games played homage to many old gens, not just the 3rd so I don't know why that one is getting so talked about.

I would want it to be the Battle Chateau, I just think that place is perfect for a new trainer to gain experience and work their way up to more powerful foes as their rank increases. I guess we'll see once the Chateau episode airs.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<

oh wait what? you mean serena beating the battle chatelaines, yup for me that's kinda possible. and i gotta admit chateau/maison there is
not for fashion. let's just hope how will the writers all deal with this

LizardonX

Banned
Has anyone here even battled the chatelaines in the games? They use pokemon that are way beyond the capabilities of someone like serena or even ash for that matter.

Has anyone here even battled the chatelaines in the games? They use pokemon that are way beyond the capabilities of someone like serena or even ash for that matter.

But this is the anime, not the games. The anime can certainly make the Chatelaines less powerful if the Battle Maison is featured. Which, of course, would sound quite terrible, but then again, how many times has the anime disappointed us?

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
But this is the anime, not the games. The anime can certainly make the Chatelaines less powerful if the Battle Maison is featured. Which, of course, would sound quite terrible, but then again, how many times has the anime disappointed us?

the whole series of best wishes that's one for sure, although i don't know about the rest.
hmm we can't compare the chatelaines in the anime and games cause in the anime its the purpose of the writers on how they will handle them.

the whole series of best wishes that's one for sure, although i don't know about the rest.
hmm we can't compare the chatelaines in the anime and games cause in the anime its the purpose of the writers on how they will handle them.

There are a lot of examples anyone can think of. However, I won't go into detail since that'll derail the topic.

Also, the Chatelaines haven't even been seen in the anime yet, so...what comparison? :p

Lorde

How cute, Serena's got her own thread for her goal.

Kind of ironic since we were just discussing her goal in this thread.

May loves food but her goal has nothing to do with eating.

I detected a little bit of shade, but you do have a point. Just because Serena likes clothes and fashion doesn't mean that she should only focus on that. That's partly why I'm against the Battle Chateau being her goal; because it seems like people keep bringing up the fashion aspect of it even though that's such a minor and almost trivial part of the facility imo.

At this point I wish Contests were brought back because at least we could've seen Serena progress as a character through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.