• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serena's goal.

What do you think that Serena/Serena will do in the anime?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
You turn your back on it now, but once it happens Parena/Serecham will steal the show. Besides which, Serena doesn't do much shipping in the past few episodes. I'm still waiting for her interactions with Clemont. Still it's hard to speculate for the character when we still don't have a goal. But she needs Pancham regardless what she does.

I'm not turning my back on it since I still like the species. I just don't think it has to be caught by her or anyone else. And to be honest, even if she did get Pancham or some other cute, marketable Pokemon, people would just turn on Serena because whenever a Pokemon gets too much screen-time their owner gets tons of backlash. I like Serena, so I don't want to give people more ammo for their Serena bashing. I think it's better for her to be in the cast to support Ash at this point because at least that gives her more purpose than certain other characters have. Supporting Ash could be Serena's goal imo.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'm not turning my back on it since I still like the species. I just don't think it has to be caught by her or anyone else. And to be honest, even if she did get Pancham or some other cute, marketable Pokemon, people would just turn on Serena because whenever a Pokemon gets too much screen-time their owner gets tons of backlash. I like Serena, so I don't want to give people more ammo for their Serena bashing. I think it's better for her to be in the cast to support Ash at this point because at least that gives her more purpose than certain other characters have. Supporting Ash could be Serena's goal imo.

Simply supporting Ash, just makes Serena a crutch to him. It's a lame goal, especially since all the other characters before her supported Ash but had lives of their own. Serena would still pay the price and get bashed if all she's therefore is to drool over and support Ash. Why make a female lead that weak when we had really strong ones before her?

Lorde

Simply supporting Ash, just makes Serena a crutch to him. It's a lame goal, especially since all the other characters before her supported Ash but had lives of their own. Serena would still pay the price and get bashed if all she's therefore is to drool over and support Ash. Why make a female lead that weak when we had really strong ones before her?

I don't think it would make her a crutch per se. Honestly, all of Ash's friends support him so there's nothing wrong with Serena being a bit more helpful than the others. She's totally devoted to Ash and the writers seem to be going for shippy moments between Ash and Serena anyway. What's so bad about Serena being in the cast for Ash's sake if it means that she has a purpose at least? It's way better than her contributing nothing in my honest opinion.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I don't think it would make her a crutch per se. Honestly, all of Ash's friends support him so there's nothing wrong with Serena being a bit more helpful than the others. She's totally devoted to Ash and the writers seem to be going for shippy moments between Ash and Serena anyway. What's so bad about Serena being in the cast for Ash's sake if it means that she has a purpose at least? It's way better than her contributing nothing in my honest opinion.

If that's the case, then Serena doesn't need any Pokemon at all and Fennekin will be a waste on her and always be helpless if she's nothing but Ash's crutch with no life of her. If that really is Serena's goal, then I all I can say is where is the Gen 7 girl?

Lorde

If that's the case, then Serena doesn't need any Pokemon at all and Fennekin will be a waste on her and always be helpless if she's nothing but Ash's crutch with no life of her. If that really is Serena's goal, then I all I can say is where is the Gen 7 girl?

Fennekin isn't a waste though; she's a cute Pokemon and although I don't expect great things from her, I'd rather have her in the cast even if she's not going to get much attention. As for Serena's fate in general: I'll be completely blunt and say that my hopes were low from the beginning because I always expect the worst to prepare myself for imminent disappointment. Maybe that's why I'm fine with her just being in the cast as Ash's support system. :x

Fennekin isn't a waste though; she's a cute Pokemon and although I don't expect great things from her, I'd rather have her in the cast even if she's not going to get much attention.

Well, that's just stupid. Why have Fennekin in the cast if it's not gonna do anything important, then, let alone Serena, for that matter? Would it kill you to say that instead?

Go ahead and report me for harassment, bring it on. But if someone else were in your place, I'd still call him or her out.

jrizza88

Meteorite
Well, that's just stupid. Why have Fennekin in the cast if it's not gonna do anything important, then, let alone Serena, for that matter? Would it kill you to say that instead?

Go ahead and report me for harassment, bring it on. But if someone else were in your place, I'd still call him or her out.

That's a bit intense of a statement. I remember a different preview that made it look like Fennekin was in an important battle if you look at the preview from the end of the last episode (not the holiday special). I think whenever Fennkin finally battles, that episode will be centered around her/Serena.

On a sidenote, how long did it take for Dawn and May to establish their goals? Are we comparing Serena's lack of figuring out a goal yet with theirs? Also, wasn't she not with the gang until episode 4?

That's a bit intense of a statement. I remember a different preview that made it look like Fennekin was in an important battle if you look at the preview from the end of the last episode (not the holiday special). I think whenever Fennkin finally battles, that episode will be centered around her/Serena.

On a sidenote, how long did it take for Dawn and May to establish their goals? Are we comparing Serena's lack of figuring out a goal yet with theirs? Also, wasn't she not with the gang until episode 4?

No, it's just that Lorde was saying that Fennekin should still be on the cast even if it doesn't do anything (unless I missed something), which I found quite stupid, so I made a retort.

Serena was actually with the group on Episode 5, and started officially traveling with them on Episode 7. Just to be clear on that.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Serena isn't going to have a goal beyond fashion related stuff for her pokemon. Basically the grooming part of contests and that's it.

No appeals, no battles, probably no rivals.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Serena isn't going to have a goal beyond fashion related stuff for her pokemon. Basically the grooming part of contests and that's it.

We should wait until Korrina appears, I imagine if she takes some form of interest in the idea of Mega Evolution it would be good for her. The only problem is she doesn't seem to have much interest in battling in-general, as much as the idea could crash and burn. With Serena liking Ash I could see them introducing a female rival for Ash this saga and Serena having animosity with her. She would basically work as a "double" rival like Nando. This girl would have a rivalry with and impact Ash a lot and motivate him with the battles they have, she'd be strong, competent and very mature. Serena sees how interested Ash is in this battle girl and how intense she is about her training and she begins focusing more on battling and becoming stronger to impress him or something....? Ultimately figuring out the key to Mega Evolution to become stronger and when it's said and done she realizes she's doing it because she loves it and has grown to love it and not solely because of Ash and gaining more agency on her own and ultimately grows past her little infatuation for Ash.

And you know this...how? You could be right, but you seem so convinced you are. Don't you know that you could be surprised?

jrizza88

Meteorite
We should wait until Korrina appears, I imagine if she takes some form of interest in the idea of Mega Evolution it would be good for her. The only problem is she doesn't seem to have much interest in battling in-general, as much as the idea could crash and burn. With Serena liking Ash I could see them introducing a female rival for Ash this saga and Serena having animosity with her. She would basically work as a "double" rival like Nando. This girl would have a rivalry with and impact Ash a lot and motivate him with the battles they have, she'd be strong, competent and very mature. Serena sees how interested Ash is in this battle girl and how intense she is about her training and she begins focusing more on battling and becoming stronger to impress him or something....? Ultimately figuring out the key to Mega Evolution to become stronger and when it's said and done she realizes she's doing it because she loves it and has grown to love it and not solely because of Ash and gaining more agency on her own and ultimately grows past her little infatuation for Ash.

Iwould love this and would love to see Serena collect badges. I don't care at all how redundant this would come off as. Then again, it may be because battling is my favorite aspect of Pokemon

Lorde

Iwould love this and would love to see Serena collect badges. I don't care at all how redundant this would come off as. Then again, it may be because battling is my favorite aspect of Pokemon

Aside from it being redundant to have two characters collect badges, it's way too late for that to be Serena's goal imo. She was at the Santalune City Gym just a few episodes ago so she missed the opportunity to get Viola's Gym badge and I don't think the writers are going to waste time and have her go back there, especially since we already had to endure two episodes of that Gym.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!

Honestly, if the writers wanted to, Serena could bring up the Battle Chateau while she's saddened. She could remember the interactions between Ash and girl!rival the day before while in bed and sleeping and remember Diantha as well as Viola/Grant's Chateau Battle and decide to make that her goal. It could ultimately be fashioned into some type of badge-collection quest like goal. Though I doubt this would happen, I wouldn't mind Serena challenging the gym leaders in some weird fashion on her journey. Like say the group run into Alexa and Viola again and Serena wants a battle, the anime could give her original Pokemon or third version/sequel Pokemon and having her face off against them like that. Dunno, something weird like Viola having a Mega Pinsir/Heracross would be interesting.
You cannot compare A Pokemon like Lucario to the power of Pancham! Pancham was made for Serena and once she has it, her goal will reveal itself. To become a Pancham Breeder! Okay that's not what her goal will be, but she still should get it. It will be the biggest injustice if she doesn't have one. If only she had the Battle Chateau to allow Pancham to grow in.

Your post on Serena and Pancham are perfect and amusing to read. One of the few regulars here who gives quality and funny post daily XD

Last edited:

Viveshade

What's Next?
If Serena's not going to really do anything on the show, I don't want her to catch anything else. Maybe only one more Pokemon, but she doesn't need like four Pokemon that will just rot in their balls. It's a waste for her to have that many. She can just have her two Pokemon and be done with it, if she has nothing to aspire to.

Alkaid

I can see serena becoming a pokemon breeder while at the same time do Battle Chateau contests. i can see them being like pokemon contests.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Serena is officially the new Brock.

Funnily enough Serena goes along with the "eye candy" aspect that storyboard artist talked about. Even though May and Dawn were used for fanservice at times, at least they actually had a plot and battled.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Poor Serena. Why do I have a feeling she's going to surpass Iris as the most underrated female in the series? It might be foolish but I'm still hoping for a future gen 6 game goal. Unless she gets Mega Evolution mystery as a goal, I can't see anything else. And no, I don't want her to just stand around drooling over Ash. I expect her to aim for something. Another generation without sidequest...that's so disappointing.

ConUxie223

Kalos Trap Queen
I could have sworn Serena was starting to Rhyhorn Racing towards the end of Episode 7 but I guess that's just me... There could be othe forms of Racing in Kalos like Skiddo Racing, Mamoswine Racing, ect. It'd be cool for her to do something at least... But she doesn't need to find her goal so soon IMO, I say give it a little more time like May and Iris.

Status
Not open for further replies.