• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serious Double Battle Subway Help

oak46

Who am I?
Okay first of all I'm just going to jump right into it. Work in progress.
Remember: Double Battles.

Swampert@?
Torrent
Mild
252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 SpD
Curse
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Blizzard/Surf

Physical Lead Swampert. Curse, then Rock Slide/EQ other team. Blizzard there for assist if I need it, and makes BoltBeam coverage with Discharge Zapdos, my other lead, but Surf for major stab even though it's nearly unboosted (if that's a word).

Zapdos@?
Pressure
Modest
252 SpA, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Discharge
Heat Wave
Tailwind
Double Team

Special Lead Zapdos. Discharge doesn't hit Swampert, Heat Wave mainly for grass types for Swampert, last 2 slots filler. Dunno.

Excadrill@?
Sand Force
Adamant/Jolly
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Def
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Swords Dance
X-Scissor/Shadow Claw/Toxic

Replacement for Swampert. EQ and Rock Slide other team, still immune to discharge, Swords Dance, and If I use Simple Beam with Beheeyem before it'll look pretty devastating. Honestly didn't know what to put for the last slot, so it could be any of those. Excadrill looks dangerous on here.

Beheeyem@?
Telepathy
Bold
252 Def, 252 HP, 4 SpA
Simple Beam
Calm Mind
Psychic
Energy Ball

Replacement for Zapdos. Simple Beam for getting a boost on Swampert or Excadrill, depending on the situation. Telepathy for EQ, Calm Mind for boost, STAB Psychic, Energy Ball cover.

Rethinking a couple of them? Maybe... Maybe I need a Lava Plumer or a Surfer, or they could be on an extended double battle team. Anyway, Go ahead and rate, and if you have any better suggestions for pokemon, go ahead and give a set.

Last edited:

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
You commented on my post, I figured I should return the favor :)

Why is Psyshock>Psychic? Psychic has better base damage and though it doesnt deal physical damage at the same time, I think Psychic is better.

Zapdos wants to have Tailwind and Double Team. Don't disappoint him. He wants to make everybody faster, and doesn't want to get hit by Rock type moves. Plus Rock moves have sucky accuracy anyway, so Double Team kinda protects him from Rock Slide and other Rock moves when Swampert is fainted and cant cover Zapdos's weakness. Beeheeyem should have Energy Ball more than anything for type distribution, for Zapdos has Electric moves anyway.

That's what I think. You've seen how I put teams together, so it's not expertly advice, but I hope it helps!

oak46

Who am I?
Psychic would work better actually, thinking of how I have two pokes designed for special defenders (Swampert and Excadrill) and two for physical (Zapdos and Beheeyem). But I'll still keep psyshock as an option.

Tailwind and double team sounds good, and thanks for the explanation.

Energy ball on beheeyem.

Thanks AM. Also still need help with items and I'd like a little more feedback from others.

oak46

Who am I?
Bump. Items and feedback so I know what I'm doing wrong.

Azumarill

baha d:
Might want to put grass reduction berry on Swampert. You might want to change out Zapdos for Crobat... he has heat wave, can outspeed almost anything unscarfed, and can easily fend off speedy grass pokemon.

hekalopter

Use Ice Beam or Surf for the last spot on Swampert if you want coverage. Otherwise, Swampert appreciates Rest. Blizzard is too shakey accuracy wise for Battle Tower especially when you aren’t running a Hail team.

Get rid of Double Team on Zapdos. Honestly, the Battle Tower will hit you with that Stone Edge every time even at 6+ Evasion. If you really want to avoid it, use Substitute, Protect, or Roost - as either are far more reliable that Double Team. Additionally, Sub/Roost is particularly useful for getting past bulkier pokes and stall based teams which right now your team would seem to struggle with.
Zapdos is relatively fast, but a +Speed nature (Timid in this case) is always better on an offensive base speed 100.

Beheeyem looks okay, but sans Simple Beam - it isn’t doing anything that many other pokes can’t do better. 75 / 75 / 95 Defenses aren’t helping you much, even with a defensive EV spread. With only 75 base HP, Calm Mind isn’t too useful as it won’t be taking that many hits. Consider swapping Calm Mind for Nasty Plot.
Only Excadrill benefits from Simple Beam at all - and no one uses Excadrill outside of sandstorm for good reason. Landorus is immune to Discharge and Earthquake, and can use Swords Dance or Rock Polish and get the +4 Simple boost, so that might be a good replacement.

The biggest problem that this team has is that every poke has some sort of set-up move, which can be played succesfully, however it is much harder to do in doubles. For example, you might be able to sweep against a slower team if you have Excadrill getting +4 Attack sure - but you’ve already taken up a turn using Swords Dance and Simple Beam.

Consider some pokes / movesets / items that are immediately effective; Choice Band / Specs / Scarf, as particularly in double battles it is very helpful to KO a threatening poke ASAP otherwise there will be no way to set-up.