• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serious Internet Explorer Security Flaw

Pokemon_Veteran

Poké Sage
There's been a serious security flaw in the Internet Explorer Web Browser. A link an article on it can be found here http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/111811.

You may want to switch to a different web browser since you may have passwords stolen from you (as of now online gaming passwords) but however I switched because it can get worse than that since any password can be taken.

Examples of alternatives are Firefox, Opera, and Chrome.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Just downloaded Firefox as soon as I saw this article. Can't risk any of my password s being stolen.

Will you post a link confirming that this problem has been rectified?

S31R31

The 90's
I've always used Mozilla Firefox. I find Internet Explorer 7 and 8 slow and glitchy.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Or switch to a different OS altogether.

Anyways, if you run IE, you should take precautions.

Jaguar297

I'm back!
Uh.... right, they sort of answered the question. Just use Mozilla Firefox. I use it, and it's a choice you'll never regret!

S31R31

The 90's
Uh.... right, they sort of answered the question. Just use Mozilla Firefox. I use it, and it's a choice you'll never regret!

We're both advertising Mozilla.org We should be paid for this.

I don't really use Internet Explorer anymore. I've used Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari, and Google Chrome. So far, Internet Explorer has been my least favorite, while Safari and Firefox seem the best.

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
The vulnerability exists as an invalid pointer reference in the data binding function of Internet Explorer. When data binding is enabled (which is the default state), it is possible under certain conditions for an object to be released without updating the array length, leaving the potential to access the deleted object's memory space. This can cause Internet Explorer to exit unexpectedly, in a state that is exploitable.

In other words, the hacker can run code on your computer remotely without you knowing.

Of course, that doesn't affect me because I stopped using Internet Explorer years ago.

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
XD An ad on the news just headlined this as 'a virus affecting computers around the world'. It's just a shame AVG doesn't detect Internet Explorer as a threat :(

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
They can, they just don't care. Anyone who knows the difference probably already knows about it I suppose...

KetchupO

tωisted
I heard about this...

Luckily I use FireFox : )
So much better than IE anyway~

mew801

i always use safari. internet explorer is too boring. thanks for letting us know.

cascade88

< go ask alice >
IE has never been good for anything. Just use Firefox instead. I use it, and I've never once had any sort of problem with it.