• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serious Question: Cel Shaded Pokemon Game.

Would you buy a Cel Shaded Pokemon Game?

• Absolutely not. I just wouldn't buy it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Light-The-Archangel

Best of All Time
Now I've always thought of The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker to be one of the Gamecube's most successful games. So when I brought up the idea of there being a Cel Shaded Pokemon game, my friends all looked at my like I was some sort of psycho.. So I decided to ask the most unbiased and most truth telling pokemon fans I know. How would you feel if Nintendo decided to make a Cel Shaded Full Out Pokemon ??? Version for the Wii U/3DS. Would you buy it? If not why wouldn't you buy it? Would it depend on the developing company that makes the game? Just wondering.. :)

pokemon1996

<-- I will get'em
Never cared much for cel shaded graphics.

Phoopes

There it is.
Yea... Pokemon needs to stick with the way it is. I think the way they designed the Pokemon for Battle Revolution was fine, and they should stick with it. Plus, Wind Waker is the ONLY cel shaded game that I've ever enjoyed, so you could say that I'm not much of a fan of them.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
I'd be all for it for the overworld, less so for the battle system.

If I could take over game freak and force them to obey my every whim, I'd have the overworld in full 3D and cell shaded, and have the Battle system in the same sort of style it has now, but with high-res images instead of sprites.

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache

If I could take over game freak and force them to obey my every whim, I'd have the overworld in full 3D and cell shaded, and have the Battle system in the same sort of style it has now, but with high-res images instead of sprites.

This on so many levels. We need more users like him/her.

Snar

I agree 100%. The world might end if GF put THAT much effort into making a pokemon game. I'm not a graphics freak, but they are so outdated.

Light-The-Archangel

Best of All Time

Someone that knows EXACTLY what I mean. That's what I was thinking of. Not changing the battle system.

Light-The-Archangel

Best of All Time
Well technically speaking it looks like it could be. So I get where you are coming from but it isn't really, but that is like you said all an opinion.

Anyways I hate Genius Sonority and I'm not impressed nor was I ever impressed with the games they put out.

paulfalcon

Hm... a cel-shaded Flamethrower and Hydro Cannon? I'd be down for that. XD