• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serpent's Pass: Serperior in OU.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Shameless copy paste from Smogon...

Hello, Smogon Serebii, and welcome to my ???th RMT here. This time around I decided to build around Serperior, who has been receiving a lot of hate, whether it's "Emboar's HA is better," "relies too much on teammates," or "is too weak," it started to get on my nerves. So alas, I decided to build this as an attempt to make Serperior feel more comfortable in the current metagame.

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute

A pretty standard Serperior set. Leaf Storm doubles, triples, and quadruples your Special Attack, while Giga Drain saps chunks of health from enemies. Hidden Power Fire hits a lot of Steel types such as Ferrothorn. Substitute is used over Dragon Pulse status can really cripple Serperior.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

As Serperior is easily walled by Heatran and countered by Talonflame, Scarf Excadrill partners with Serperior very well as it can check both of those. Jolly Nature outspeeds things like +1 Jolly Gyarados and Adamant Scarf Lando T while still hitting back hard. I opted for the standard set with Rapid Spin because Serperior will be forced to switch alot, and Stealth Rock will chip away at its health and reduce its attacking turns due to Life Orb.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Because Excadrill is just a check, I decided to add Rotom Wash as a pivot. The standard spread with max physical bulk is used, except for the 30 Speed IVs, which guarantee the switch initiative against opposing Rotom. Volt Switch for momentum, Hydro Pump for water STAB, Will-o-Wisp because come on, it's Rotom, and Pain Split for some recovery.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Realizing that Serperior can still be taken down by other priority moves, I decided Gyarados would be a great teammate, as its typing allows it to resists alot of priority moves. I use the standard Sub DD with a Jolly Nature to prevent getting outsped by things like Jolly Altaria and Adamant Scarf Lando T. I also use Bounce to get really great coverage and extra Leftovers recovery.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast

I wanted to add Stealth Rock somewhere in my team, and I realized I still hadn't taken up my Mega slot, so I decided to go with Mega Diancie. Magic Bounce and Stealth Rocks make it a great lead, as Magic Bounce prevents opposing hazards while reflecting status for Diancie. Diancie then becomes incredibly powerful, able to start putting offensive pressure right off the bat. The standard mixed attacker set is used with Rocks over Calm Mind or Rock Polish.

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Finally I decided to add Bisharp, as it fit really well in the team. It resists Steel for Diancie, screws over Defog, can weaken opposing Sucker Punch users for the team in general, and can speed creep things like Adamant Breloom and Altaria, and can easily sweep in the right situation. The set is standard.

That's it. Hopefully this team becomes great and whatnot.

Serperior @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
EVs: 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Pictures are at Smogon and might be updated here when it isn't two in the morning.

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
okay, my suggestions are...

Serperior @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse/Tuant

You will be loosing a lot of health and Giga drain is your only form of recovery. Dragon Pulse helps you stay in on the latitwins without loosing your rocks. If you want to avoid status and such I would suggest replacing it with taunt. It works slightly better and doesn't drain your health like Sub will.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Bounce/Earthquake/Stone Edge

Nothing wrong with bounce, it covers a lot but Earthquake and Stone edge are viable too, without the drawback of letting the opponent switch into something that resists it.

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Bisharp outspeeds a lot of stuff so Adamant will give you more reliable damage output. Killing more things in one hit.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
okay, my suggestions are...

Serperior @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse/Tuant

You will be loosing a lot of health and Giga drain is your only form of recovery. Dragon Pulse helps you stay in on the latitwins without loosing your rocks. If you want to avoid status and such I would suggest replacing it with taunt. It works slightly better and doesn't drain your health like Sub will.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Bounce/Earthquake/Stone Edge

Nothing wrong with bounce, it covers a lot but Earthquake and Stone edge are viable too, without the drawback of letting the opponent switch into something that resists it.

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Bisharp outspeeds a lot of stuff so Adamant will give you more reliable damage output. Killing more things in one hit.

Basically what Smogon said. I have switched Substitute to Taunt because I didn't know Serp got taunt lol

Gonna stick with Bounce for now cus it's pretty based and hits grass

Been told to go Adamant but I've enjoyed the speed creeps I've gotten :)

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer
(Reposted from your Smogon RMT thread but I though I might it case you didn't see it there.)

Hi Dircio,

This is a pretty cool offensive team here. I like how you built around Serperior and added other Pokemon that would help eliminate Superior's checks. Your team has pretty good synergy, which means I couldn't find any huge holes in your team. :]

I think one problem with your team is a weakness to strong fighting-type attackers such as Mega-Loppuny, Keldeo, Conkeldurr. For example Terrkaion can switch into Bisharp Sucker Punch or Knock Off from Bisharp and simply spam Close Combat. Although Gyarados has Intimidate and resists fighting-type attacks, it's also your only fighting-type resist which means it's going to be worn down pretty quickly.

I think another threat to your team is opposing Bisharp. Only Rotom-W can directly switch into Bisharp and Diancie can only check it once it Mega-Evolves (Bisharp outspeed and hits Diance with Iron Head otherwise. The other Pokemon on your team won't enjoy switching into Knock Off.

With this in mind, I think you should consider running Latias with Draco Meteor, Psyshock, Roost, and Healing Wish over Rotom-W. Latias gives you an important fighting-type resist and a general check to most special attackers. In addition, Latias can use Healing Wish, which is great for restoring a worn-down Serperior, allowing you to be more aggressive with spamming Leaf Storm with Serperior without being too worried about Life Orb recoil. This also allows you to run Dragon Pulse over Giga Drain on Serperior for better coverage. Draco Meteor and Psyshock are obilgatory STAB moves and although seemingly strange with Healing Wish, Roost gives Latias very useful longevity (feel free to pick a coverage move if you don't like Healing Wish + Roost).

Since having Latias over Rotom-W makes you weaker to Lando-T, I think you should change Scarf Excadrill to Scarf Landorus-T. Although Lando-T lacks key Fairy and Dragon-type resistances, it makes up for this with Intimidate, a fast U-turn, and useful bug and fighting-type resistances. Otherwise, they function mostly in the same manner.

To help with Bisharp, I think you should try using Sub CM Keldeo with Substitute, Scald, Secret Sword, and Calm Mind over Gyarados. Keldeo gives your team an extra Dark-type resistance and is a great check to Bisharp. In addition, Keldeo can pressure fire-types such as Heatran and Charizard that would otherwise wall Serperior. Keldeo also benefits from Bisharp removing opposing Latias and Latios. Finally, Keldeo gives your team an alternate win condition in case Serperior doesn't work out.

Hope this helps!

Sets:

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Substitute

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Roost

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Hi fren, I saw your post at smogon and stole your mons. Haven't tested it fully but i really liked how it fared, and i decided to keep those changes for now. Thanks :)