• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Server Downtime Notifications

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The credit goes to ricocheting, our server guy. Thankfully, he managed to restore things fairly quickly. I remember one time a hard drive fault caused us to be down for 6 months

DBK

Renegade Trainer
I was wondering what happened. I just went on to the site and noticed that everything but the links and pictures in the last few updates were still there; plus the rest of the screen was all white without even the site banner up. I reloaded the page and saw it didn't help at all; sure glad I looked at the forum before trying again, and again, and again...

Uh....that's what I am still seeing. White screen, jumbled links and pics, unreadable text (highlighting them is the only way to read it), white background, and no banner. Is that how it's supposed to look now, seeing as you said it was somewhat restored?

Last edited:

Brumrha

Banned
I remember one time a hard drive fault caused us to be down for 6 months

That must've been painful... if that were to have happened at that time, then it would've been a serious issue. However, this was dealt with pretty swiftly, & by the time I got back, everything was back to normal. That pretty much meant that it's nothing more than an inconvenience...

Anyway, I've got other things to do...

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Uh....that's what I am still seeing. White screen, jumbled links and pics, unreadable text (highlighting them is the only way to read it), white background, and no banner. Is that how it's supposed to look now, seeing as you said it was somewhat restored?
You're stuck in your cache. Press Ctrl & F5 and it should be fine

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
You're stuck in your cache. Press Ctrl & F5 and it should be fine

ShinyCelebii

pokemon master
hey serebii is your forums still slow...i think you should get some restore and backup files and get some of those speed inhancer thingys =) goodluck with serebii,serebii...lol =)

ShinyCelebii

pokemon master
hey serebii is your forums still slow...i think you should get some restore and backup files and get some of those speed inhancer thingys =) goodluck with serebii,serebii...lol =)

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
when i see a bright flash followed by a mushroom cloud coming from the UK i will know it's serebii who's busy fixing the site. thanks for letting me know.

natie

Mr. F
It's never your computer that's at fault if you can load any other webpage in an instant.

Also, lol @ (s.i.e).

Boom

when i see a bright flash followed by a mushroom cloud coming from the UK i will know it's serebii who's busy fixing the site. thanks for letting me know.

This is LOL-worthy. Please don't blow up the world, Serebii.

KimahriRonso

I guess it's 2012. Obviously Joe's going to pull some (hazardous) strings and watch the fireworks.

ilovetorterra

I am the epic.
The forums are still REALLY slow for me... and now the site is MEGA FAST!!!

Last edited: