• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Server Downtime Notifications

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Hey guys

The site is down, it appears that the drive has died so it's likely that the site will be down for a bit. They're installing a new drive now with a few month old backup but I don't know how long it will be

I'll keep you all aprised

Please spread this on.

Thank you for understanding

Senkou

Holier than thou
So that's why the site wasn't loading. I thought it was because of my connection, lol.

AstralEon

The one and only.
Uh oh.... and just when I was about to look up some Pokemon statistics.

Thanks for letting us know. Hope it's fixed soon.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Right, we're looking at a few hours until a slightly diminished version is up and a day or so before all the galleries (Animé, Movies & TCG get left til last since they take up the bulk of the site's space)

We're running off of a couple of month old backups just to get the site back up as my personal upload speed is minimal so my personal backup would take about 2 days to fully upload the galleries and have everything up to date

But rest assured, the most visited parts of the site; the dexes, the new eventdex, the Black & White & HGSS sections will be the first things up, as with the updates. It is going to be a rolling upload. The site will be accessible as soon as humanly possible

Ivysaur_

Pokémon Breeder
Oh no... I'm gonna be sitting here pressing F5 all night D:

Dragard

I wasn't even there.
I was gonna look up some info, but I can wait. Hope everything goes well.

pokemonmasterhustler

Pokemon Master
Oh man Serebii, that sucks big time man. I hope you've got backups in case your web host didn't. I'd hate to see all your recent updates and new features to the site go to waste.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
That sucks, but more B/W info doesn't come out until the middle of next month, so I'll be fine until then.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Mhmm... sites back up, the Event Database seems to be busted though >.<

I was wondering what happened. I just went on to the site and noticed that everything but the links and pictures in the last few updates were still there; plus the rest of the screen was all white without even the site banner up. I reloaded the page and saw it didn't help at all; sure glad I looked at the forum before trying again, and again, and again...

pokemonmasterhustler

Pokemon Master
Great job serebii, looks like another crisis is averted through coding!

AstralEon

The one and only.
Well, that was quick.

At least most of the important stuff is back though. Still, better than nothing.

Great work.