• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Set Off! You Are Our Ultra Guardians!! (1004)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Aww, the Buzzwole only wanted a friend...a buff friend to go out to the gym with. Too bad he had to settle with the lanky kids.

Jimmy: Um, teacher? A bunch of flying Pokemon came out of the pond outside.

Teacher: Jimmy, stop looking outside and focus on today's assignment.

Jimmy: But teacher! I even heard an elevator and other students screaming behind the wal-!

Teacher: PAY ATTENTION TO CLASS!

Still odd there was an underground base below the school and SURELY people noticed.

Honestly, that Snorlax was better. It lost so much lard, but then the girls decide to fatten it up.

If that Buzzwole had been a human, oh boy, this episode would have been a bit too erotic. At least Lana is into bestiality; the show's only accepted form of romance.

However its Pokédex entries state that it shows off its muscles but according to its Sun entry, it is unknown if it is a boast or if it is indeed a threat. So that means it may not even be a communication method but it is shown that Ash and Kiawe have bonded with the Buzzwole.

That's the anime's interpretation, though, which is not official.

Comedy, comedy.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That's the anime's interpretation, though, which is not official.

Comedy, comedy.
I still found that hilarious in some way. We all expected the Ultra Beasts to be completely wild and out of control but the Ultra Guardians still bonded with them.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Go go Ultra beast Rangers!

This is a most strange turn of events. I am fine with them going in that direction. It almost feels like I should have issues with it but oddly enough I don't.

I was going to say that it was too violent for them to be showing the bug beast "eating" a Snorlax but then I was reminded that there are very powerful recovery items in the Pokemon universe and so Snorlax was a-ok. I am relieved.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Hi I reviewed this episode a while back on this site, but my previous one was too immature, angry, and rant filled, so I am going too do another one with more of a level head I apologize in advance if I'm still overly negative.

The following is just my thoughts and opinions if you disagree that is fine everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, also go ahead and correct me if I get any details wrong:

So yeah, its not the worst episode I've seen, though I personally don't consider it good either. It showed a scared animal running around because it was thrown into what for it was an alien environment, which is fine that makes sense.

I just don't like how overpowered the writers made Buzzwhole, as a non Pikachu fan I enjoyed watching him get smacked around although even I had too call baloney too Buzzwhole being able too keep up with Pikachu in terms of speed especially while Pikachu was using Quick Attack. It's just the show following its own weird logic and over using the "strong as they need too be trope"

I didn't care much for the super sentai parody especially considering they cut out the part where the super sentai rangers fought and defeated the monster in favor of more comedy which in on itself I didn't much care for I just didn't find it funny.

They arguably introduced the UBs too soon before the protagonist were "ready" for them

introducing the machine too send the UBs back too there homeworld in on itself isn't a bad idea, but again they brought it in too soon and its under utilized Plus it didn't make anime Aether look good, but that topic isn't for here.

They really should've had Ash been Buzzwhole's care taker for a couple of episodes and who knows it could've stayed permanently, as for how too prevent it from being too overpowered, just do what they did in past seasons make it and any future UBs initially disobedient, depict their weak points from the games straight, and/or make it so that they all lack skill despite their strengths.

Ultimately this episode just felt like they were dangling keys at audiences who wanted Ash too get and permanently own a "special" Pokemon, which we wouldn't get until Melmetal. Ultimately Ash's Alola team desperately needed A few wild cards too balance out the writers love for marketing keep in mind this season had Ash and friends largely leave their Pokemon outside of their Pokeballs so it could've potentially worked.

All in all just my thoughts and opinions what do you all think?

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
An alright espisode. Buzzwole draining Snorlax's energy was chilling, but I wish they had replaced Garchomp, Dragonair and Metang with Pokemon that actually can learn Fly. The battle against Buzzwole should have been longer, though, as the muscle-flexing part was rather boring.
7/10

Last edited: