1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Set your own height?

Discussion in 'Past Pokémon Generations Discussion' started by Thisguy128512, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Thisguy128512

Thisguy128512 Insert Clever Quip

I am most certainly not 4'8". Does anyone else hate going to "size" in the pokedex and seeing your character isn't the right height to be you?

2. SSBB123

SSBB123 Hawtie

its supposed to be the size of a little asian 10 year olds...

3. Giratina!

Giratina! Backstreet's back

That would be very useful. With the measurement being at least a foot off, it's totally useless to me unless I look at the actual height of the Pokémon.

4. Crymzon1980

Crymzon1980 Acro Bike Mechanic

It would be cool to adjust your character's height :)

5. Staryu

Staryu I know, I know..

I guess it'd be nice to? But I don't think it's really a big deal or that crucial.

6. MissFrederick

MissFrederick Well-Known Member

I think adjusting your height would be a pretty cool idea if you're interested in more acccurate height comparisons.

7. JQ2ujrx

JQ2ujrx Burned By Passion

you should be able to create your own character from the ground up

8. dpdude

dpdude teehee

that would be cool. like, maybe, later when the technology is more advanced, maybe we could take a picture with the DSi and put it on the character...
    that would be sweet!

9. Too Funk to Druck

Too Funk to Druck I am America

There's really no point in having that feature, since your height is barely noticeable outside of the Pokedex.

10. Midnight Sun

Midnight Sun Wut :|

I think that's a great idea. I think my character is under 5 feet and I'm definately taller than that. It would be great for accurate comparisons, but the problem is (like someone already said) is that the main protagonists are meant to be around 10. If you have a 30 year old basketball player who wants their height accurate, you could have a 7 foot 10 year old. That's a bit awkward.

I agree with the idea of customizing your character, it would make the game more personal and interesting. :)

11. Midnight Sun

Midnight Sun Wut :|

I think that's a great idea. I think my character is under 5 feet and I'm definately taller than that. It would be great for accurate comparisons, but the problem is (like someone already said) is that the main protagonists are meant to be around 10. If you have a 30 year old basketball player who wants their height accurate, you could have a 7 foot 10 year old. That's a bit awkward.

I agree with the idea of customizing your character, it would make the game more personal and interesting. :)

12. Skaisdead

Skaisdead Movers and Shakers

When I see that Mewtwo is like a foot and a half taller than me, when in reality it is practically the same size doesn't really give me an idea of how tall that actually is.

13. MetalMario

MetalMario < It's Passion Pink!

Agreed. Very naive of the developers to assume their actual audience consisted of 10-year-olds.

Character customization is extremely complex and unnecessary for this. Just have two sliders--one for height and the other for weight. Show the numbers.

14. Bobblefighter

Bobblefighter Relic Owner

^this.

It would be ok just to have this in the pokedex, and not have anything to do with the actual gameplay. It would be very handy to have, and people will pay attention to the pokedex.

15. dragon-dark-master

dragon-dark-master Thanks SPPf. TTYL

This! It would be totally awesome, you should be able to add in you height and weight, so you actually understand this size/weight of the Pokemon!

16. Sir Gaga

Sir Gaga Member

Seriously, what about the weight. 75 pounds?! Oh, dear god.

17. Pokemon-Dratini

Pokemon-Dratini cutes.u.2.death >: )

lol i never pay attention to the height of the character but wow its exactly a foot lower than my height

anyway, there would be no point in being able to adjust the height, I doubt a change in the hieght of the character really matters, pretend it says 6' if you really want too

18. Noheart

Noheart The Abysswalker

Well yeah, I'm 5.10", so I am kinda mad about that.

But it's really not all that important.

19. Tyrant Tar

Tyrant Tar Well-Known Member

^ This.

It's not like we don't have plenty of interesting-but-near-useless features in the games already (like a lot of the Poketch features). Being able to accurately see how tall you are compared to Pokemon, just within the Pokedex, would be neat.

20. MegaTravis

MegaTravis Pokemon Trainer

This would be a very good and interesting thing to add into the game. I would like to compare with my real height.