• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Set your own height?

Thisguy128512

Insert Clever Quip
I am most certainly not 4'8". Does anyone else hate going to "size" in the pokedex and seeing your character isn't the right height to be you?

Giratina!

Backstreet's back
That would be very useful. With the measurement being at least a foot off, it's totally useless to me unless I look at the actual height of the Pokémon.

Crymzon1980

Acro Bike Mechanic
It would be cool to adjust your character's height :)

MissFrederick

I think adjusting your height would be a pretty cool idea if you're interested in more acccurate height comparisons.

dpdude

teehee
you should be able to create your own character from the ground up

that would be cool. like, maybe, later when the technology is more advanced, maybe we could take a picture with the DSi and put it on the character...
that would be sweet!

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
There's really no point in having that feature, since your height is barely noticeable outside of the Pokedex.

I think that's a great idea. I think my character is under 5 feet and I'm definately taller than that. It would be great for accurate comparisons, but the problem is (like someone already said) is that the main protagonists are meant to be around 10. If you have a 30 year old basketball player who wants their height accurate, you could have a 7 foot 10 year old. That's a bit awkward.

I agree with the idea of customizing your character, it would make the game more personal and interesting. :)

I think that's a great idea. I think my character is under 5 feet and I'm definately taller than that. It would be great for accurate comparisons, but the problem is (like someone already said) is that the main protagonists are meant to be around 10. If you have a 30 year old basketball player who wants their height accurate, you could have a 7 foot 10 year old. That's a bit awkward.

I agree with the idea of customizing your character, it would make the game more personal and interesting. :)

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
When I see that Mewtwo is like a foot and a half taller than me, when in reality it is practically the same size doesn't really give me an idea of how tall that actually is.

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
Agreed. Very naive of the developers to assume their actual audience consisted of 10-year-olds.

Character customization is extremely complex and unnecessary for this. Just have two sliders--one for height and the other for weight. Show the numbers.

Bobblefighter

Relic Owner
Agreed. Very naive of the developers to assume their actual audience consisted of 10-year-olds.

Character customization is extremely complex and unnecessary for this. Just have two sliders--one for height and the other for weight. Show the numbers.

^this.

It would be ok just to have this in the pokedex, and not have anything to do with the actual gameplay. It would be very handy to have, and people will pay attention to the pokedex.

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
This! It would be totally awesome, you should be able to add in you height and weight, so you actually understand this size/weight of the Pokemon!

Sir Gaga

Seriously, what about the weight. 75 pounds?! Oh, dear god.

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
lol i never pay attention to the height of the character but wow its exactly a foot lower than my height

anyway, there would be no point in being able to adjust the height, I doubt a change in the hieght of the character really matters, pretend it says 6' if you really want too

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Well yeah, I'm 5.10", so I am kinda mad about that.

But it's really not all that important.

Tyrant Tar

^ This.

It's not like we don't have plenty of interesting-but-near-useless features in the games already (like a lot of the Poketch features). Being able to accurately see how tall you are compared to Pokemon, just within the Pokedex, would be neat.

MegaTravis

Pokemon Trainer
This would be a very good and interesting thing to add into the game. I would like to compare with my real height.