• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Set your own height?

Gumbyx84

Safari Gym Leader
If I remember correctly, the Japanese DS games had this feature, but it was removed from the US and UK releases for some reason. Probably Nintendo not recognizing or caring that there is an older audience for Pokemon.

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
your character isn't the right height to be you?

How about isn't the right weight or even skin tone and hair color?

You should just hope for character customization which I doubt will happen in the future.

Miaquamarine

Agreed. I also think that having something like customizable weight and height of your
character would be unnecessary, but I really hate when I'm looking the Pokedex and being like,
"ZOMG, that Pokemon is huge ! - ... Wait. I'm almost half a foot taller than it..." You know?
So yeah, I would like getting to choose your height/weight, so then you could be looking at the Pokemon more accurately.
Though having something like this isn't crucial.

And yes, I do understand that the characters are based on, supposedly, 10 year-olds, but still.
As someone stated before, it is quite "naiive" of the creators assuming this thing in general...
But oh well.​

It would be interesting, but it's not necessary. The only way I see this happening is if character customization is added, which I doubt will happen.

Sinnohdragon

Dragoness~
No. Because i am so no not putting in how short i am 0.o

Irrelevant comment aside, i actually think its a good idea because then the pokédex comparisons are more accurate.

Did anyone consider the fact that the Pokedex states that every single Pikachu (just an example) is the exact same height and weight as every other one?

What about different stages of life? What if one is out of shape? [*Pictures a fat Pikachu* Hahaha!] Honestly this is waaaay more of an absurdity than the player being a set height and weight.

I don't think that putting the player in the role of a 10-year-old is wrong in this game. It is, after all, a Role-Playing Game! A character customization option is great for a game like Battle Revolution, but in the main RPGs it's pointless.

GalladeX

Did anyone consider the fact that the Pokedex states that every single Pikachu (just an example) is the exact same height and weight as every other one?

What about different stages of life? What if one is out of shape? [*Pictures a fat Pikachu* Hahaha!] Honestly this is waaaay more of an absurdity than the player being a set height and weight.

I don't think that putting the player in the role of a 10-year-old is wrong in this game. It is, after all, a Role-Playing Game! A character customization option is great for a game like Battle Revolution, but in the main RPGs it's pointless.

That's more than likely the AVERAGE height/weight. As for the character, Weight, height, and skin color customization could be nice.

No. 1 Machop Fan

I used to think (before getting Pokémon Diamond) that you were able to change your height and weight. I was disappointed to find out I was wrong.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Eh, until technology advances enough for them to pack sufficient data into the games, it really isn't necessary. Seeing a pokemon next to a 4' 11" kid shows you the size of a pokemon just as well as it would to any other size person.

pichu_power

But Never Again...
I've always been a bit OCD about that...I mean I'm a bit past 4' 11'' [around 5' 9''] and I think they should allow a feature to set your weight...makes it better to compare yourselves to Pokemon in real life...[even tho some of them look as if they'd weigh a ton, weighs about only 450 lbs...] I mean seriously...does anyone who plays Pokemon weigh 85 lbs?!

lucarioman098

Aww isnt that cute
i kno seriously and the customization would be nice i mean what if they make a guy that looks like stoner i dont want that and thats what id name him too

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
I guess it'd be nice to? But I don't think it's really a big deal or that crucial.

^^^^^^^^^^Pretty much it.^^^^^^^^^^^^ For the weight though..... well I dunno? Its kinda fun placing Groudon on the weight scale and seeing your character go jump in the sky and not come down.....

lucarioman098

Aww isnt that cute
well if thats the case then make ur character anorexic not sure on spelling

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
:) To Lucarioman: yeah, your spelling is fine. the thing is that when you ride your bicycle or just run around, you seriously can't see the details of yourself. And how disturbing would it be for a little kid go on Wi-fi and a tall man weighing 300 pounds challenging him?

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
Imagine if you had a real Pokédex in your hands. Obviously it's not going to have a stupid height/weight hardcoded into it if it has that feature at all. It's going to let you pick or they'd have never put the feature in to begin with.

The game's Pokédex should behave this way because it's realistic, adds value, and can be excused in that the little kid in the game could easily enter the wrong height/weight into their Pokédex.

No other ingame effects required.

Ekaru

Heck, all they have to do is have the Pokedex ask for your height, then put a generic human silhouette and size it to be the right height. Weight would be even easier, since it's just a scale. These values could, of course, be changed at any time. Probably just have it there on the height and weight screens at the bottom. Just a neat little box would be sufficient; to change you would just have to tap something, enter value, press OK, BAM.

As said, this wouldn't change your character at all, so they wouldn't have to worry about that part in the least bit.

dpdude

teehee
Seriously, what about the weight. 75 pounds?! Oh, dear god.

i know, when i was 10, i know i didnt weigh that much! and i definitely wasnt 4 foot 10. i was like 5 foot even and like 95 lbs, or something.

Emporar

Rocket rules.
Would it show in game though? I mean someone could say he is 10 feet tall and then be as tall as a Pokemon Centre.