• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Set your own height?

zlxq3000

Master Collector
you should be able to create your own character from the ground up

Yes, because I'm sure the people at Game Freak can totally include data for not just every pokemon and maps, but every possible combination of sprites for people to create their own trainers.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE a customizable trainer. It just isn't possible until EVERYTHING is 3D.

Grei

not the color
I'd like to be able to change the height and weight, along with small character customization (like, the outfit color scheme! Nothing big, but something like the color scheme of the outfit is noticeable even in the overworld sprite, believe it or not.).

Frankly, if somebody is 4'8" AND only around 10, I don't believe they should be going on a fantastic adventure alone with monsters and danger, but whatever.

MissFrederick

Thinking about it, I'm actually not much taller than 4'11". I'm 5'2". But that means I still have to add on three inches and make the difference.

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
Hmmm.. Character customization sounds good, i was way shorter at age 11, 12 whatever that is... And it would be cool if you could set your own height, as well as other stuff, like face, eyes or whatever

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
That really should be customizable at least. Comparing the Pokémon in size should be used in order to compare yourself to the Pokémon, not some small child. But I realized that I'm taller than Charizard, and in the animé at least he seems huge. So now I'm a little sad :(

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
It would be much better if you could set it to your height. Because that way you'd get a better perspective... They could just make it so you could set your height in the pokedex while the height of the character stays the same, because that way it would just change how big the pokemon are compared to you.

need_2_read

Genius Teenage Girl
I wish you could and your sprite would also change to reflect that.
You could also do it with your weight

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I don't really care if I could set the height because the mini sprite would remain the same.

Heart

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
I guess it would be a pretty nice feature to add to the games, but it isn't really that big of a deal if your character is much shorter than you. Not to mention, lighter than you. It's just the height of the game character, not yourself.

Ryutei

Rockin'.
I would put my height somewhere on the lines of 5'9-6'1. It would be cool if you could adjust your height or something.

We should be able to set our height. I'm not 4'6". I'm at least 5'0''. (Yes, I know, I'm short) Gamefreak is so naive, to think that everyone who plays Pokemon is a ten year old. But, eh. It would be a neat feature.

Red_Winds

lolwhat?
For pokemon,before character customization they would probably draw up some custom avatars to choose from,that way there won't be the painstaking process of generating every articulate of clothing,and if there are different stances....it would just be too much.They would probably do the avatar thing.

vulveeshrew11

Johto Fanatic!
I think setting a height for your character is an easy enough feature that they should add to the game. It wouldn't change the game at all except on the PokeDex. not that I regularly go and compare my height with other pokemon... but still.

I also like the idea of being able to change the color of the sprite's outfit. that seems like it would be easy enough...

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
Did anyone consider the fact that the Pokedex states that every single Pikachu (just an example) is the exact same height and weight as every other one?

What about different stages of life? What if one is out of shape? [*Pictures a fat Pikachu* Hahaha!] Honestly this is waaaay more of an absurdity than the player being a set height and weight.

I don't think that putting the player in the role of a 10-year-old is wrong in this game. It is, after all, a Role-Playing Game! A character customization option is great for a game like Battle Revolution, but in the main RPGs it's pointless.

^ This.

I do not really care about the character's height very much. And besides, who says that ALL Pokemon of one species are the same height and weight? That would be strange. But then again, it's not a very logical game. XD

I have also noticed that a lot of people are complaining about how the player character is 10 and how it is too young to be going out and training Pokemon. Okay, I do not want to sound rude, nor do I mean to, but really... it's NOT real life. It's a video game. Why does it matter that much? It's not like they're little little children. It's not like they're 5 or 6. And besides, in the Pokemon world, they appear to be more mature and responsible than real 10 year-olds are. And plus, it's Pokemon. Has Pokemon ever been logical? I mean, look at the hair in this game, and the overall context. It's NOT a logical game, so why would 10 be too young to travel in Pokemon? I know what I'm saying may sound a little ridiculous, but really. It's not a logical game, so why does it have to be a logical age?

Anyway, more on subject now. If there was a way to set your height or weight, I don't think it would affect anything more than the Pokedex comparisons. But that's my opinion.

If this hasn't been said, I think just adjusting the height and weight only in the Pokedex would be a bit nice. Though, really it isn't really needed.

yeminied

Being able to set the height and weight of your character would be good but I don't really care. If you could change it on the Pokedex, have say two sliders or buttons to change the height and weight but as I said before I don't really care, it hasn't bothered me before and it isn't going to bother me now.

NES

Flip me to the side!
Because i use Kilos i always ignored this feature, like i know the conversion but i was too lazy to care. Until i started to play HGSS in Japanese, then i realized my sprite weights 45 Kg when my weight is twice that, and my height is much taller.

It makes you confused about the size of pokemon, but you can still see their data and compare it with your own ignoring the sprite.

mas

I don't really care about that ... really.