• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Setting A Not So Old Score (495)

HoagiethePokeBreeder

Poke’veteran
I couldn't figure out what she was saying either.
But I also didn't especially care for Dawn's new Rival. He's got one of the sickest sounding voices I've ever heard. Except for Max after the new Dub, that was horrendous. And I have a certain disliking for when Brock says the word "Rival." I don't know why, but it just annoys me very much.

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
good episode the battle between prinplup and piplup was good but to think whirlpool can be used in a surfing way

uber gon

Accept Change
I can understand Jessie being really mad for losing out to Dawn, but I couldn't understand what Jessie said when she was lashing out at James and Meowth. What was it?

She was ******** about how they don't "pull their own weight".

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was pretty good. Dawn’s preliminary round went pretty well. It was cool to see a Kricketune. Alakazam’s entry was pretty cool. I thought it was pretty funny when Dustox got struck by Piplup’s bide. It was cool how they used the “Regi Music” during the battle between Dawn and Kenny. It was also cool to see Mist in the anime (I don’t recall seeing it before). It was great to see Dawn beat Kenny (whom I find to be extremely annoying) and win her first ribbon.

This is the first and seemly last ribbon Dawn's got...
I'm sorry to all Dawn fans out there, but she's just so crap at contests... I'm better than her and I'm more of a battler than a preformer...
May was better and she didn't even consider them until she got travelling.

Mabye she'll get better over time (COME ON DAWN!!!! USE BUIZEL!!!!)...

Geodude

Uh, no. Dawn got her first ribbon much sooner than May did. Your last several posts in general are making very little sense, do yourself a favor and please smarten up before the veterans on here make you look stupid.

Rebeccag

good episode. Dawn won a contest even though it was pretty close Dawn just managed it. And i liked the little dawn/Kenny moments too those were cute

Ayra

~Master Coordinator~
Dawn just got lucky. Piplup's Bublebeam was MUCH slower than Prinplup's. When Piplup's Bubblebeam hit, Prinplup's had already hit, so Piplup's hit both the Whirlpool AND Prinplup's Bubblebeam.

~Ayra~;267;

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This episode made me mad that Jessie once again lost in a contest, but at least she got hers with the next contest. Pretty neat twist that Dustox gets hit with the bide attack but survives (for the moment) since it's been hit so many times before. I'm glad Seviper managed to pull through this time, too, after bombing out in its last contest back in season six.

I guess Dawn had to get a ribbon sometime, but it still made me mad back then that Jessie's had tons more experience than her and still lost. Thank the gods for "Team Shocker".

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
Yes Dawns Frist Ribbon Win
I knew at the bigging Poffin had something to do with the mess up
Anyways I love Whirlpool is has great graphics and stuff
Prinplup should have won but whatever at least Dawn won

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
it was a close one for dawn but she made it which was good, she has her first ribbon now so the first step has been made.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Halfway through the season, halfway done with rewatches.

Is it some kind of requisite in this anime for a Pokemon to defeat its evolved form when pitted against it? I'm not saying this battle was bad, but man, am I ever sick of that device. I find it a little odd that we have not seen Kengo's Alakazam since this episode, but I suppose the entire penguin line is too much for the writers to resist. Pachirisu's appeal is done well, showing that Hikari is still a beginner and that they aren't interested in rushing things with her. It was nice seeing Dokucale again - a precursor to good things in a future contest (that also involves Kengo, coincidentally).

The culminating battle is pretty decent, as not only do we get to see Pochama strut off Whirlpool (nowadays, I'd kill to see a different attack), but nothing screams total unfairness in spite of the blatant disadvantage. It's nothing truly riveting, but at the same time, it's not Eneko vs. Samayouru. As a contest arc, Sonoo is pretty typical in spite of the vital introduction, and Kengo has never truly interested me since. But it got the job done.

B

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Dawn was VERY lucky. I think Kenny would've won if he had his way.

I loved how Piplup had this episode all to itself and it shined. Glad Dawn got at least one ribbon.

A good 6/10

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great contest, Dawn's first ribbon was vs Kenny.

Piplup wasn't so strong, but it was smart, more than Prinplup.

And i loved to see a Bagon in the anime.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I really liked this episode! I'm glad Dawn calmed down Pachirisu in time to make a good appeal, Kenny's Alakazam's appeal was fantastic, and Jesse and Seviper's was kinda funny. But the highlight of this episode was Dawn vs. Kenny, that was a great battle. I knew Piplup's Whirpool was going to come in handy and I'm glad it stood it's ground and took the victory against Prinplup. Dawn has been training hard so she deserved to win this one, she improved a lot. Fantastic episode.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Was it me or when Pachirisu came out (In the previous episode at the end) they had the Pokemon Battle Revolution music going on?

Volt Tackle Pachirisu! (I don't see how only Pikachu can know that, making thunder surrouded their bodies then slamming into their enemies with tackle could count as Volt Tackle) I like how it used discharge to catch the Poffin.

Jessie's appeal is pretty much similar with Seviper, Cacnea and Carivine when they all had to hug her. Kennys appeal wasn't too bad either, I liked how all three of the Pokemon came out of the pokeballs.
It was pretty good Dawn won her first ribbon finally, although it is a hard road for her ahead.