• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Setting the World on its Buneary (477)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Pikachu looked so adorable with Ash's hat on and I was really surprised that Buneary had a crush on Pikachu from the start; the writers must be avid shippers themselves haha. Anyway, I liked the way that Brock's Croagunk just casually broke the ice that Team Rocket used to freeze Ash and friends with Poison Jab and congrats to Dawn for catching Buneary.

I liked how clueless Croagunk was at understanding the concept of "bring the potato back".

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It was cool how Dawn finally caught a Buneary after having failed twice before and seeing Buneary crush on Pikachu was a surprise ha ha. I didn't think the show would ever have a crush subplot involving cast pokemon like that.

JudySpell

Banned
Even though I dislike shipping plots and that kind of thing I actually liked Buneary's crush on Pikachu because it confirmed that Pikachu was male. 8/10

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Buneary and Pikachu made for such a cute couple. It's a good thing Pikachu rescued Buneary. Otherwise, he would've come off as a major jerk after making poor Buneary cry.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I chuckled when I saw Hikari's bedhead, and her finding out about the extended Junsa family was great. Satoshi and friends not recognizing the Rocket-dan's disguises in Junsa's photo was ironic, and I liked seeing how helpful Takeshi's Gureggru was, as shown when he shattered the ice surrounding them. All in all, Hikari capturing Mimirol was satisfying.

Daizy

I call you honey
I feel like I'm the only person who hated Buneary's random crush on Ash's Pikachu. Like damn, what a dumb concept that was never even resolved.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I never paid much attention to Mimirol's infatuation with Satoshi's Pikachu here before, but now I do find it somewhat sweet even if it was unnecessary since romance never prospers in the cast.

Daizy

I call you honey
Why was Croagunk looking up Dawn's skirt in all the opening shots? We all know he's creepy, but the writers are purposely putting him underneath Dawn in all those group shots.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Why was Croagunk looking up Dawn's skirt in all the opening shots? We all know he's creepy, but the writers are purposely putting him underneath Dawn in all those group shots.

Those scenes didn't seem to be an issue since they were brief. I don't even think Gureggru's positioning was done on purpose during those.

I always enjoy episodes without characters of the day and its just the main group hanging out. I also like it when Pokemon have more of a personality and I liked Buneary, however if it is madly in love with Pikachu all the time it might get annoying. Dawn's bad hair was the best gag of the episode. Croagunk has officially become my favorite Pokemon of all time.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
I always enjoy episodes without characters of the day and its just the main group hanging out.

Technically speaking, we did get a COTD here (Junsa). She didn't play a huge role other than her investigating the Rocket-dan, but she did at least get that scene where Hikari confused her for the Junsa from Masago Town, which was worth a chuckle.

Scorbunnie

I didn't even know that Buneary could learn Icebeam so when I saw it use that attack I thought the writer was making things up just to make Dawn's new Buneary look good.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I think that Mimirol knowing Ice Beam was meant to show Hikari that it was more powerful than the previous two Mimirol that she tried to catch, as well as it being an easy way for the writers to give her a Pokemon with a useful moveset for Contests.