• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Setting the World on its Buneary (477)

Jorah

What do I put here?
The only thing I didn't get about this episode was a line that ash said. Brock was like "There goes one dedicated babe." When Jenny trailed after a fleeing TR and then Ash randomly says, "Betcha' she was good in school to!" Lol wth?

All in all, great episode!

I thought that too, it was really random...

What did Jessie say in the dub when she was shown a photo of her posing?

"Now who is that photogenic female?"

Inkan1969

pajamas

Funny how Dawn's pyjamas cover more than the clothes she wears during the day. :p

They cover more, but the tightness still left little to the imagination. :)

Dawn's lucky that she didn't mess up her hair again after falling on the dusty ground.

Pearl's Perap

This episode was alright, tolerable at least

I'm beginning to tolerate the new motto, I'm actually enjoying it now, it seems they make variations to it, here and there, it's quite good.

Glad that the Buneary went to Dawn, with Ash and her both wanting it and what not, I knew it would go to her like, but still, glad all the same.

Icebeam Buneary? Interesting to say the least, could be even more interesting in the future, especially tonight and tomorrow's contest episodes.

Other than that, nothing particularly stuck out to me, bar Croagunk, I LOVE that guy, he's just, well, amazing...so basic is his character, but, well, I don't know how to explain it, I find myself laughing at everything he does.

5/10

Medea

Excalibur
Well...

-Buneary was just the cutest thing ever! I just wanted to reach into the tv and grab it and snuggle it.
-That...crush Buneary had on Pikachu was very...interesting to say the least. All though, the best crush on Pikachu was definetely Magnemite in season one. But this one does make a dent in my book.
-Dizzy Punch, Ice Beam, and Bounce...That's a pretty impressive pokemon to catch and I'm glad Dawn got it.
-Croagunk! Yes! We finally see the great Brock cliche!

Dax

Legend
Buneary is the cutest thing I haver ever seen in my life. It's a shame Dawn doesn't use her that much considering the powerful attacks she can use.

R_N

Buneary is SO freaking CUUUUUUUUUUUTE~~. It has oen of the most fitting voices EVEH.
I just wnat ot cuddle it.

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
This was a pretty good episode. I don't feel like doing a 'The Goodzors/Teh Badzors' at current due to the secodn half of the contests about to come on, and that this episode had no real bad points.

Just know this:

LagomorphShipping FTW! Buneary adn Pikachu forever!

uber gon

Accept Change
Surprising how Dawn is the first main character with a pokémon that knows a flying attack (BOUNCE) who isn't a flying type itself.

Rebeccag

i liked this episode bunery is just the cutest thing ever ^_^
And i loled at Crogunk with brock looking forward to more scenes like that
And Bunery catching Pikachu was kinda cool

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Buneary has really been my favorite Sinnoh pokemon. It is so adorable, with its voice and its crush on Pikachu. I like watching any scenes she's in, and this episode is no exception. :)

It's interesting that both Ash and Dawn try to catch her, but she balks at fighting Pikachu (so adorable!). The part where Pikachu surrenders to Team Rocket voluntarily in the hopes of Buneary getting released was great too. I'm glad Dawn ended up with Buneary instead of Ash, it seemed more suited to her from the very beginning (not to mention that Dawn went after one or two other bunearies before this one).

Overall, a very enjoyable episode.

Rommath

▲_▲
Buneary sure is a great Pokemon. If it didn't spam Ice Beam so much it'd be even better. I'm glad Dawn caught her, I've always liked her antics in and out of contests.

ccangelopearl1362

Ah, yes. Buneary's crush on Ash's Pikachu began with this episode, and even now, Lagomorphshipping may be a side detail of my new interest in Pokémon. Of course, that may just be me talking. I definitely couldn't resist gawking at the television screen when Buneary started to cry after Pikachu scolded it, but when Pikachu offered to give itself up to Team Rocket in exchange for Buneary, I was left amazed -- in a different way. It may be a good thing that Dawn ended up catching Buneary, and now, she has a Pokémon with an icily wonderful attack for her contests in Sinnoh.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Not a bad episode, it was nice to see Dawn finally catch herself a Buneary.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
So for those who care about the Life and Times of S.Suikun, all is just peachy in his special little world. "Peachy", of course, being defined as not appley or peary or orangey.

I've been speaking of capture episodes feeling formulaic, and this episode certainly follows suit. However, a few interesting tidbits keep Mimirol's capture from being as dull as Naetle's. For one, the entire scene with Hikari's hair crisis is highly entertaining. In addition, Mimirol's whole infatuation with Pikachu is a fun quirk that - while not used too often afterwards in the series - at least spices things up for this particular episode. Of course, this is also the episode that spawned all the fun claims of Greggle being a pedophillic pervert, and like Masukippa exploding in DP005, it's fun to recall all the innocent pre-Piplup-*insert dictator* jokes.

Granted, the general plot of this episode is very tedious. Typical Team Rocket scheme and mechanism, typical capture attempts, typical capture and battle, etc. Even back then, I was not thrilled at the prospect of another appeal-happy Ice Beam user. In spite of being completely generic, though, the antics with Mimirol and Pikachu prevent this from being another capture clone, saving the episode from being Naetle 2.0. That said, I am still amazed and baffled at how nobody knows there are multiple Jennys and Joys before they set foot out of their hometown.

C+